Trailer City , OHIO

Most Recent Trailer City Camping Reviews
Area H is Beautiful

We stayed in Area H site 898 and could not get over the beautiful landscape. The lake and forest trails surround this area. The restroom and showers are brand new and are spacious and clean! The fellow campers were friendly.

There were sites along lakeside that I highly recommend if you don't need easy access to the facilities.

I have already booked another trip to Atwood Park. Loved it!!

Stayed at campsite #8

.3 miles to the site from where you can park. Follow the markers for the site. The campsite was a nice quiet site. There was a little bit of trash in the fire ring but seen that more times than not. The ground was a little slanted everywhere we looked although we set up our tent in the dark arriving after dusk. Do not recommend that ever really!

As the other reviews state and are correct, go to the ranger station/kiosk in the park and fill out a park and pack camping registration sheet as well as signing the sheet hanging for picking a site. Check what sites people have reserved before you and double check when they are departing so you don’t reserve the same one they are staying at.

IMPORTANT: Personally the directions on the kiosk where you sign in are misleading and to me really just plain wrong. The directions were correct once we got to the trailhead BUT there was no way to know where the trail head was or what the name of it was, nothing. So we wondered around for like an hour walking a random trail in the dark and not finding anything. Finally we got online and found a handy dandy pic with the location of all the sites and trailheads. I updated the location of the trail head to the campsite for the posting here on the app. Again you must still register in the park which is a solid 5-10 min drive from the kiosk to the trailhead. The trail head is for campsites 8, 9 &10. We will post the picture and your life will be easier than ours. Enjoy and Happy camping!

Love this campground!

We have stayed at Evergreen several times, each time in the Fall. The campground is right in the middle of Amish Country so there’s plenty of beautiful scenery, lots of shopping, wonderful roadside produce and cheese stands and other tourist hotspots so you won’t be bored. Evergreen is a somewhat upscale campground with full hookups at each site - big rig friendly and perfect for families. The indoor pool is great for enjoying a swim even in January and the bathrooms and showers are spotless and very private. They also have very nice apartments or duplexes available if you’re not into camping as well as an area for tent campers. Well stocked camp store and a walking path to the small town of Mt. Eaton just up the road. Highly recommended!

We really enjoyed our stay

Sad to hear that camping is no longer available. We had our bikes and hauled our gear in with luggage carts. Hiking was fine but the best was riding along the historic canal path one way, and being able to take the vintage train back.

Everything you need for a great experience

Atwood lake os a true gem . Has everything you need. The H campground loops are full hookups, some right on the water. Electric, and primitive sites too. Pets welcome on a leash, a beach and hikng also. Docks available  50' from out waterfront lot. We could leave our camper, take the boat over to the beach and drop off the grandkids and me the Nana for swimming at the beach dock. Good fishing,  clean clean clean. Staff at rhe marina are very helpful. There is a snack shop and a full restaurant at the marina with great food, an ice cream dariette just down the road.  I highly recommend trying it, you wont regret it!

Just okay Mo

We went in July. It was incredibly crowded. Many sites were set up as buddy sites so we had to share our outside space with our neighbors. It was tight and awkward.

There is zero internet and no signal which is fine for camping but made finding the weather or maps very challenging.

The roads are narrow and there are a lot of people. We did not kayak the river bc there were just too many people on the river, the water was low due to lack of rain this summer, and when we could see the grotesque adult behavior from the road, we knew we weren't interested in joining that mess.

The site was clean, it is full hookup, and they drive you to your site, which was nice. There is a fire bowl and picnic table for each site and dogs are allowed. Our pull through site was plenty level and accommodated our 33' camper and truck. There is a trail off the campground which is nice. The Mohican State park is full of great trails.

The campground is easy to find and everyone was very nice and the other campers are mostly respectful. There were a few cars and motorcycles that kept "cruising" around which felt strange but was likely harmless.

Photo was during checkout this the empty look. The two rigs in the photo are facing one another which is what I mentioned above.

Favorite Park in Ohio

We love this park! Lots of hiking! Even saw a bald eagle this trip.

Another Thanksgiving spent in our camper and it was so nice and relaxing. There were more campers than a expected this weekend. I guess everyone likes to social distance in there campers too.

Camping in the off season is our favorite time of year. This particular park has potable water on by the dump station and the dump station is open. The water at the full hook up sites are turned off.

No cell service with Verizon at this park.

Not for me

This is an amazing place. I felt like I had arrived at a cult gathering. Lots of kids on bikes and families having fun. Sounded like live music after dark accompanied by whooping and hollering and people having fun. I hiked with my dogs before leaving and got lost for awhile. The place is big. Did not go into shower or any Other facility. This is a certain kind of place but not for me. Sites on top of each other.

Fun with rowdy Raccoons

This is a very nice campground, we were able to get a group site with friends along a wooded section. Every night we were visited by raccoons, they stole our trash on the first night but the other nights we kept everything out of their reach. There were fun little raccoon hand prints all over though. The pool was so nice it wasn't too crowded and the view over looking the "lake" was so pretty. My only complaint is they could have used more restrooms and showers but everyone was very courteous and was quick about it. Thre game room was small but the kids loved it. I would definitely recommend staying here and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Hiking, Trail Running & Riding ✅

Great small park with a hiking trail that takes about an hour or hour and a half, it has a waterfall, small tiny cave, bridges and stairs. Really well maintained paths, tiny gravel for less mud. Doggy friendly! There is also a 3 mile (ish) bridle trail loop for horses with a couple out and backs. This is the best place to go trail running. There’s also a short overlook path that starts at the nature center.