Amsterdam, OHIO
Most Recent Amsterdam Camping Reviews
Would stay again

This walk in camp ground was located just minutes from Old Man’s Cave. It’s a family friendly and pet friendly camp ground. Our stay was quiet and relaxing.

Wonderful

Good campground love camping here

One of my favorite state parks!

Hocking Hills is a wonderful destination to go for camping and a weekend of hiking. There are trails all over the park. Can be a bit busy during the warmer months. The park is pet friendly and has a nice nature center before you hike down to Old Man’s Cave.

Huge Campground

Lots of spaces! Lots of permanent campers. They have mobile phone service and wifi on site. We stayed in our own camper so we didn’t visit the bathrooms. The pool wasn’t open yet either. Lots of golf carts to rent. Nice people very helpful. Full service hookup was awesome! New stage area, is the party place on the weekends!

Fairgrounds, closest sites to downtown Columbus

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights in June. It's massive, but there were only about 4 or 5 other RV's there. It wasn't until our 3rd day did someone come by to collect payment. Full hookups, close to downtown and $35/night. Trains are close and frequent.

Peaceful, quiet, and scenic.

Alum Creek State Park is just under 40 minutes from Columbus. It makes a great weekend getaway from the city. The campground offers some spots next to the water which have a wonderful view.

BFF camping trip

My best friends and I met here for a weekend campout. It’s was so nice just to relax, hangout and hit the local yarn stores. The pool was awesome too and even though it rained we still had a great time just being together. The store was nice and the people were too.

Are we sure this is Ohio?

I've traveled all over the states and Hocking Hills is one of my favorite places to camp and hike. Absolutely stunning year round.

Great Campground with some areas for that Improvements

Very peaceful campground. There is a train track in the vicinity which every now and then you can hear…..but not bad. The lake is within walking distance from the campgrounds. Our dogs love this place especially when taken for long walks along the pavement. There is a market with great pizza nearby.

There is a nearby dog park as well.

The original check-in station burned down last year and the park has a temporary hut for check in. I hope they rebuild the check-in station and bring back the store. There are a lot of downed trees (either naturally fell or man made) which need to be cleaned up. Some sites can get flooded or become very muddy with heavy rains. The past few years have been problematic with ticks…so be vigilant.

Hidden treasure

This campsite is the destination for a relaxing weekend of camping with friends and family. There are hundreds of sites (RV and tent camping). The facilities were clean and well maintained. It’s an added bonus to have a frisbee golf course in the park!

Year round camping

Most of the campers are year round. Friendly bunch of people. There is a beautiful spot to access the lake on the back of the campground.

Year round camping

Most of the campers here are year round. In the back of the campground is a beautiful area to access the lake.

SO beautiful

This place is amazing!! so much to do and see! All the views are beautiful. I had such a great time there and i wished i could’ve stayed longer!! There’s also some great cabins if you’re not a tent person!!

Amzing place

I absolutely love the backpacking sites in the summer because they are secluded yet close by, although most have no cell service which isn’t a big deal for me! there is plenty to do & hike in the area. my last trip there was in late fall and i stayed in the traditional campground. it was wonderful because NO ONE was in the tent section and there was a beautiful view of the colorful trees. so relaxing and awesome! although i’m sure in the summer it’s packed & busy!!

Not really a camp ground

This is a parking lot at the fair grounds. I'm sure it's fine for people traveling for the fair but not what I would consider camping.

It's a trailer park

Not for camping. I'm sure you can score so meth here though. Right on a main road. Avoid

Nice place

Nice park. You can reserve spaces to backpack along the rei water trail and stay the night to test gear. Not huge, no crazy obstacles but great for last minute trips close to the city.

Come For Week and Never Want to Leave

Caves, waterfalls, trails-20 plus, scenery, views, it goes on and on. This State Park is widely respected and utilized by those near and far, the area is jaw dropping and folks are super friendly. The campground offers a lot of electric sites, restrooms, showers, pool, store, vending machines. Swim, bird watch, fish, the choice is yours.

Fun!

Kayaking is a blast down the hocking river. They take you and you end up right back at your car. They aim to make your trip fun and are super helpful! I’ve been a couple dozen times and never had a bad experience

Crowded

Hocking hills has become overcrowded in the past few years. Camping is fun here if you don’t mind the people. Trails are beautiful and well maintained. Lots of different hiking options

Crisp and clean

The lake is clean and has beautiful scenery. The beach is very kid friendly. There is a playground there. The trails are great. They have options for length and scenic differences. Roads are well maintained. Campsites aren’t great for tent camping, but we still had fun. Campsites are close together. They are under trees though, which is a definite plus for me. Overall I thought there was a great vibe and it was a clean area.

Beautiful and relaxing

Great place to take the family and unwind. Good dog park for the furry ones. Bring your boat for some water fun, fish, or simply float around. 3 easy trails to venture out on and take in the parks amazing scenery. With more than 280 campsites and several cabins there’s something for everyone.

New favorite !

Trails are gorgeous…waterfalls…gorges..truly amazing. Drive to trail heads Campground-not huge-bathrooms nice-roads are tight for big campers. Ours is a 41ft 5th wheel and site 65 was okay. Other sites might have been very difficult to park. Little cell service if you have AT&T. Verizon was okay. Pool. Up the road a few minutes is Grandma Faye’s if you need any last minute things. Straw was put down for wet spots at sites. Sites are around 30s hear the constant running of what I think is a water treatment place. Loop around 65-70 has a water tower in the middle. We will come back again!

March trip

Lots of down trees throughout the park. Right now they’re available for anyone to come take & use. Some trash around the RV site. Otherwise a pretty quiet spot.

Fishing trip

The areas are nice easy to get to lake. However even with a boat I have fished here numerous times with very little luck.

Good hunting areas for pheasants.

Great pheasant hunting.

What I liked most about this park is that there hunting areas.

Has wouldful hunting areas.

Beautiful Park! Swimming pond is large and clean. One of the best I have be

Huge place. Close to several places to eat and entertainment.

A little outdated, but still a great choice!

We have returned to this camp ground four times! Everything is quite outdated especially the park and mini golf. With that said it was a great time. It has mini golf, a pool, park and small game room which is awesome for camping with kids. It offers rustic cabins for those that dont tent camp or have a rv. On this particular trip it was chilly and we were staying with small children so we went the rustic cabin route. There's a small pond for fishing and a church from the 1800s and all together a beautiful place to walk around. The best part is you can walk to ash cave from your campsite! There is a connecting trail right at the front of the campground. It was a fairly simple hike too.

Great

A great park with level concrete pads & space between sites. Some are in the open & some have trees. There is a store & a marina. There is a large lake for boating & fishing. The cabins are very nice!