The best GROUP camping near
Alexandria , OHIO

Most Recent Alexandria Camping Reviews
Lovely in Spring

Our Spring time excursion at Beech Fork was delightful. All of the cherry trees and foliage are full in bloom and lovely. The lake was lower but it was still nice. The bath houses were impressively clean. They have a nice Park Head quarters with a general store that has grocery items, firewood, and cool souvenirs. There was even a retro arcade with games, air hockey and claw machines which the kids enjoyed. Extremely nice paved walking trails, parks, playgrounds, basketball court and pool (which wasnt open yet). Overall, the area eas clean, well maintained, easily accessible and still fully immersed in nature. We camped in our Jeep liberty and had a blast. We will definitely be back in summer to swim. Plenty of launch points for a boat or kayak if you have one.

So much fun

So much fun for the whole family. They have beautiful cabins and water fun for the whole family. They have water slides, swimming, kayaking and much more. It's so much fun to take the family here.

Small but A lot to Offer

This was our first camping trip here and it won’t be out last. We loved this little hidden gem of a park. We were on site 5 and it was level side to side but sloped front to back. The parking pad was nice and it looked like many had been freshly paved.
Some sites are just in the grass and could get muddy since the park is in a valley but they would be perfect for tent camping or a smaller camper.
Lots of hiking trails, a like for swimming and fishing, playground, and fire tower. They also had a mini golf course, outdoor movie screen and a camp store that has a game room and nature center. Most of this part was closed because of winter camping and Covid.
The staff that we saw working were really friendly and recommend some great hiking trails.

Still our favorite campground

Always clean sites well spaced out.

Fun Campground with lots to do.

We went in March and the campground was pretty empty and a lot amenities were still closed but the sites were cleaned up good from the ice storms.  The sites are a little closer than we prefer but if its not busy then you have plenty of room.  Lots to do in the park with plenty of hiking and exploring available.

Family oriented campground

If you want a place for your kids to play and ride bikes, this is it. Campsites are a little close in some areas but when you are here, you are family!

Lots of space

One of my favorite Ky state campgrounds. Plenty of space between campsites. Just wish they had sewer hookups…

A fine campground that lacks charm

Camped three days in September 2020.

Not a bad place to camp but has the feel of a commercial campground. There's a distinct lack of charm. It's geared more toward those who own Boats and like fishing over hiking.

The shower house was very clean, the crew was around regularly to empty trash and clean. The hot water in the shower house left something to be desired (took forever, lasted about a minute and a half).

As a matter of personal preference, I was not a big fan of Rocky Fork but as a campground, it was completely fine.

Scenic but too close to neighbors

My friend and I recently stayed at the north ridge campsite, which is the tents only site at Tar Hollow State Park.  I had both positive and negative experiences.  Let's start with the positives.  It's a very secluded campsite so it really feels like you're one with nature.  The pit latrines are convenient for those emergency situations but they're not the cleanest but it is not a far drive to the flush toilets at the RV campsite area near the camp store.  Site 106 is a great site if you choose to stay here.  It is very flat, one of the most flat sites (I think 105 is more flat) and so my night's sleep was great.

Now for the negatives, which sadly outweigh the positives for my stay.

You are right next to your camping neighbors.  I have terrible luck and ended up staying next to a very inconsiderate and loud group that included their many dogs. Normally this wouldn't bother me but I could hear all of their conversations because we were so close to them.  You can hear snoring and other "nighttime" noises so just be aware others can and will hear you.  I wasn't able to find the water spigot right away because someone set up their tent right next to it but then was able to find it once they moved their tent.  This is more of a negative of the State Park but the hiking paths are not clearly marked and I am embarrassed to admit I did get lost in the woods.  The map they have is in black in white but the park uses a color system.  This could be solved by taking a picture of the colorful map right by the fire tower.

Overall, I don't think I would choose to return to this site for camping because you're just way to close to others around you.