Camping in McConnell

267 Reviews of 59 McConnell, North Carolina Campgrounds

J
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Very nice local campground

This was our "shakedown" trip with our new RV.  We found the campground to be very accommodating: 30A/50A electrical, and clean water.  The lake was just steps away from our site.  We went mid-week, so the campground was not completely filled.  The bath house was clean and had plenty of room.

SiteB46 D
Tammie S.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Hidden gem

Extra large and private campsites. One of the campsites has a hammock stand. The group site is huge. The whole park is very clean and spacious.

W
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Love this Park

I have stayed at Morrow Mountain many times over the last 10 years. It is close to home and very convenient for me. While the facilities are aged, they are clean and work well. And if you really want to be away it is great!! The cell service is very poor.

Terri F.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Into the woods

Nestled in the middle of NC is this great forest. There were lots of established camping spots. We picked a nice one near a stream. There was a lot of road traffic even late into the night. People were friendly when we saw them but everyone kept their distance.

SiteN/A
Skipper S.
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Well Done Campground

We stayed at site 84, and stayed in a tent. There was a fire pit, hang hook for trash, and plenty of shade on the tent pad. We had plenty of space between each site as well. Bathrooms were fine with decent water pressure and hot water. I liked the idea of the campground host who was just a few…

SiteLoop C site 84
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Uwharrie campground

The State Forest has camping. We used our pop-up with a generator in rustic locations. There are hiking, horse, OHV, dirt bike, ATV, and mountain bike trails.

Jenn M.
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Great Spot !

Lots to do.... hiking, ride bicycle, fishing and off road or just relax and take in the beautiful surroundings! P.s. Dogs are welcome!

Makenzie T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Clean, beautiful and river-accessible!

This was a great campground for a great price. There was a path walkable to the river, and each campsite was clean, had plenty of space on level ground to set up camp, a fire pit, and very clean toilet. I would definitely go back!

SiteC2
AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Awesome campground

We stayed at this park for a couple nights. The bathroom facilities were nice, the spots were clean, we stayed during the week so it was empty. Might be a little too open if the campground is full. The overlook from the top of the “mountain” was beautiful.

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

We only stayed for one night on our way through to Raleigh. Nice campground, the spots are close together but the trees make for a little more privacy. We were inland at an electric spot to charge our portable power source. Showers/bathrooms were nice.

Jason D.The Dyrt PRO User

Month of VisitDecember
S
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Spacious Sites

This campsite doesn’t seem to be too popular which is fine. The tent sites are some of the better spread out ones that I’ve seen and having cell coverage is immensely appreciated considering you’re basically in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful hikes around the river right next door.

Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Truly Primitive Camping in a National Forest

Personally, I would give dispersed camping here four or five stars, but I have to be objective from the point of view of many campers. This is not an RV camping area, at least not the dispersed camping area. You cannot drive up to the campsites. There are no electric, water, or sewer hookups. There…

• The Campsite before I Set Up
  • The rhododendron were just beginning to bloom.
SiteUwharrie Trail Primitive Campsite 1
Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

One of the Best State Parks in North Carolina

I guess my GPS needs updating since it took me down the wrong road to get to this state park, so if you haven’t updated your GPS, do it before you attempt to come here. Other than that, it’s not that difficult to find.

There are quite a few things to do at this state park. Hiking, horseback…

• My Campsite
  • Another View of Campsite 69
  • Boat Dock and Ramp
Julie L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Great Dispersed Camping

Really nice park with nice trails that aren't too challenging but also with just enough going on to keep them fun and interesting. We camped at Dispersed Hike to Site 1. The dispersed sites are really nicely spread out. Nice clean firepits. Standard pit toilets, just nice overall. This is a really…

SiteHike In Site 1