Gatesville , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Gatesville Camping Reviews
Relaxation on the Sound.

This KOA is actually still under construction. As with everything else Covid-19 has set it back. But there are many sites available. A lot of the amenities are already available. Dog park, shower house, store, children's play area and they can fill your propane tanks for you. Full hookups with WiFi and cable. Drive through and back in sites with water views all around. We spent a week there and it was so relaxing. They also rent campers and little trailers. Check out their website.

Great Time, and Great Service

This was my first trip in my new travel trailer. What a great experience. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Sites were well organized and easy to access. The pull through spot really helped on my first adventure. Hook ups were clean, and easily accessible. I have no complaints or gripes with this locations. Highly recommend.

Understated Gem

I admit to being uncertain when I made reservations here.  I had not seen any pictures of it or a camp map. What a great surprise. Phyllis was very attentive and accomodating. The grounds are immaculate, sites are level and very well designed for optimal privacy. This property has many perks: dog friendly and has space to exercise your furbabies, boat ramp to explore the surrounding waterways, golfing, screened gazebo, laundry, David's Red Barn which did not have entertainment during our stay. The man made pond adds beauty and we sighted great blue heron daily. Perfect location to go and explore Edenton NC. Please check out this beautiful, interesting, and historical town. Eat at "Nothing Fancy". We highly recommend this Campground and will stay again if in the area.

Very ordealy

Not a bad spot. More for military families but you can still enjoy yourself.

Humble quiet campground with lots of fun events!

We have have spent many weekends here over the last few years and love it! We attended their Super Bowl event there, the crawfish bowl and many more. The personal are wonderful and have 0 issues with our sites or anything else there.

Pros*

-Clean

-Military discount offered

-Pet friendly

-Seasonal and Non-Seasonal Spots

-Open all year round.

-Best campground around.

-Quiet location off Knotts Island.

-Ferry Available into Camden, NC (fits out bus and 37ft TT).

-Beach access with wonderful views.

Cons*

Found broken glass on the beach a few times. It was cleaned up and no issues since.

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

This app has it in the wrong place!!

Why would you idiots have it 156mi in the wrong direction.

Super fun!

Lots of hiking trails to walk & turtles in the lake!! Plus you can rent boats for a cheap price which we will probably go back to do. It was so pretty & so fun. We took out two dogs with us too. There was a Park Ranger driving around and checked on us when we first got there asking if we had any questions. Definitely will go back!

Closed 09/2020