Carthage, NORTH CAROLINA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Carthage Camping Reviews
Camping

Mostly camping clean access to lake with boats kayak sailboats

Lots of hiking

Trails galore fishing biking swimming

The best almost wilderness campground

Really great views, particularly in the fall. Never really crowded. Great hiking trails or you can just read and cook by the fire. Have been going there for years with my kids. An excellent, little known spot.

Great Clean Campground

We love camping at Lake Jordan, unfortunately we’ve usually camped there while I was having surgery at Duke. However we have been there at other times too. There’s a nice sand beach on the lake and a boat launch as well. Some of the sites offer a tie-off of your boat adjacent to your campsite. The camping sites are spacious and most are level.

Free Camping for 4 days and 3 nights if you take the tour.

Very nice ! We are now members. Grounds are very neat and well kept. Bath houses have a little age on them but are clean. Putt Putt, Horse Shoes, Basketball, Swimming Pool, and Game Room. Nice lake with walking trail. The main lodge is beautiful.

Close to Fort Bragg,NC

I lived in Fayetteville, NC for over 10 years and just recently stopped by to visit friends as we travelled up north.

We picked this campground because it only 1 mile off I-95 and closest RV park we could find near Fayetteville .

Dirt road to campsite is packed white sand and well maintained (it had rained 2 days prior so it was not dusty)

There were full hookup and lots of big rigs/TT and class A’s in park. The park is well maintained and the owners clearly care about creating a nice atmosphere. The sites themselves are hard packed sand and you have a very nice patio and fire pit.

During the right season Memorial- Labor Day there is a nice size pool. They have a Catch and Release fishing pond and a cute walking trail The campground is close to Walmart and other eating places

⛺️other camping in the area-while I did not visit these locations recently- when I lived here I used to camp at Waldo’s Beach Campground In Fayetteville but it is not near the interstate. There is also a military/gov only campground on Fort Bragg you can check into.

Fun things to do in Fayetteville/Fort Bragg Area:

Fun things to do: 📌Airborne and Special Operations Museum (downtown). You may also enjoy the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Museum is located on Fort Bragg(call this museum directly for details)

❤️Paraclete XP skydive center (in raeford,N.C. close to Fayetteville) -One of the largest skydive centers in the world! so worth it!!! Just going and watching is pretty awesome 🥾Cape fear river trail 10.6 mile round trip multi use trail 💐 🌳 Cape Fear Botanical Garden 🐶giant dog park (near Botanical Garden) 📌Zip quest waterfall and tree top adventure zip line 🧗‍♀️ The Climbing Place (rock climbing)- downtown.
📌Defy Fayetteville Trampoline park ⚾️ Minor league baseball team Fayetteville Woodpeckers are hosted here in town and a new stadium was built.
🎥 🍿 Cameo Arthouse Theater- Indy theater- sit upstairs in the LOGE!

Cape fear botanical garden (Big dog park near the gardens)

Happy Camping! Pamela and Keith

Close to Fort Bragg,NC

Fun things to do in Fayetteville/Fort Bragg Area:

🎥 🍿 Cameo Arthouse Theater- Indy theater- sit upstairs in the LOGE!

Cape fear botanical garden (Big dog park near the gardens)

Happy Camping! Pamela and Keith

Backcountry Camping in a State Park

Raven Rock State Park is known for its namesake cliffs on the edge of the Cape Fear River. It has over a dozen miles of trails, which include horseback riding, hiking, and cycling trails. Since this park is along the fall line, most of the trails are easy with some rise and fall in elevation. Make sure you hike to the“Raven Rock” while you are there. It is impressive, and there are other trails that offer peaceful walks through the forest and other views of the river. The only camping allowed, for now, is primitive tent camping. The campsites can be reached either by hiking or by canoeing/kayaking in. There is a privy, but there are no showers. I counted seven spaces for camping. There is a site(or was) for group camping. The ranger told me that it is no longer in use. When I was talking to her, she said that they are working on an area for RV camping and that it would be ready next year. If I understood correctly, it will be in the area of the Mountain Laurel Loop Trail. When you camp there, make sure to take a good head lamp or flashlight. I had to walk quite far to get to the privy, and during the night, it is dark! The site that I chose was a longer walk to the privy than the other campsites, but it was a little more remote and private. I also had to by-pass a mud hole on the way to the privy, so again, take a good light source. The best thing about Raven Rock State Park is, of course, the 150’ cliffs along the river. The best thing about camping at Raven Rock State Park is how quiet it is. The hike is 1.7 miles, and other than the sounds of Cape Fear River down below, the only thing you hear at night might be an occasional airplane flying overhead. Since it was during December, I didn’t see any other campers. During the day, however, the park had several day hikers. If you want to camp in the backcountry but don’t want to hike very far to get there, this is a great place. If you have an RV or just want to camp where you can drive to, you will have to wait for a year, according to the park ranger.

Flynn Family Fun

Jordan Lake is a all around Great place to take the family for a weekend getaway or a 2 week adventure.  We the Flynn Family  are always looking for a family getaway and found Jordan lake to be perfect.  Or stay at Popular Point was really nice.  Camp site was a drive through and gave us enough room to spread out a little was  with in view of the water and close to the restrooms. We highly recommend spending family time together at Jordan Lake

Perfect Spot

Great spot lots of trails and primitive at its best.