The best WALK IN camping near
Phoenicia , NEW YORK

Most Recent Phoenicia Camping Reviews
Family Friendly

This is a very nice campground for families. Has a lot of activities and facilities for campers. It is a bit more open and campsite can be a bit close to each other. But the place was very clean a friendly.

Fantastic, spacious campground

This is an amazing campground! We had plenty of space and easy access to the lake. We went on a busy weekend and they are currently only operating at 50% capacity. I would recommend reserving a spot well in advance. This is a very large campground with multiple different areas. It has a good water pump and the bathrooms were well maintained and had a nice sink washing area.

Amazing weekend getaway

Even the rain couldn't ruin this weekend getaway. The spring water source is a short hike back from the campsite, relatively convenient to restock from camp. Thought I heard bears come through overnight, but may have been a lucid dream. Bear can was undisturbed in the morning. First trip to the catskills but will definitely be back!

Nice place

Quiet and nice grounds.

Best camp site I ever seen.

Yes you can camp on top of the mountain. Yes you can make a cap fire. Yes you can star gaze by the views near the camp. Yes it’s amazing. It take the average hiker about an hour ish to get to camp/ledge view. This one is one of my favs.

Pretty rad even when full

So close to the city you just can’t beat it. We found a cancellation for one of the group camping spots—63—(at half capacity due to Covid precautions), which was pretty delightful, if not that private. Sites 43 and 45 seem to be some of the best locations and most private while still near the bath house. Plenty of firewood to forage if they run out at the (charming, storybook) reservation cabin. Walk across the road down to the “beach” and take a dip. We’ll be back on a less crowded weekend.

Not bad

I have given this place a higher rating in the past but having returned multiple times I have to lower it. The positives are: the grounds are very well kept, most sites are a very nice size, owners are pleasant, very quiet and relaxing. If you have kids there is not a lot for them to do. As for the lack of stars…the owners are pleasant but are constantly policing everyone, I have been reprimanded (yes I mean reprimanded) because my dog was walking on the grass (on a leash), it seems they like it if you stay on your site at all times. all but one of the seasonal campers i encountered and was camping near are very rude, not all are well kept, one even mowed the grass at 730am on the site next owers paying no attention to my dog who was tied out or that he was shooting debris all over me and my stuff. The price is too high and the over all tone has gotten very odd. I MAY try again next year to see if it got better but could only tolerate once this year.

WELL WORTH IT

Excellent campground. The tone of the place is set when you drive in (although we drove past it). Everyone, staff and campers are friendly respectful even the kids! Grounds are clean, kids were constantly busy and happy. You can't beat the price. Seasonal sites are extremely well kept. Owners are relatively new (about 3 years) and have lots of new upgrades and improvements on deck but seriously they don't need much

Nice, Free, Primitive Campground

There are three campgrounds (upper, middle, and lower field) and a trailer field for a total of 24 campsites. Calling them “fields” might be misleading - they’re heavily wooded areas by a river. I slept in the middle field. On a Wednesday night in early September I had the whole campground to myself. Quiet, next to a lightly trafficked road. There was a port a potty. Campsites in middle field are just clearings with fire pits and nothing else. Soft ground for staking a tent. Very few bugs. Good water access with the river. At the middle field, you have to walk 200+ feet from the parking lot to your campsite, so just be prepared to carry your stuff. I got there long after dark: had to stumble around a little in the dark to figure out where the campsites were, but it wasn’t too bad. Highly recommended.

Nice place... nice people.

There must be new management because many upgrades have been made over the past year which include all new SWE (full hookups) street lighting, and campground markings/numbering. I've been coming here for years now and the people in the office are always pleasant and fellow campers are nice and respectful as well. Great place situated in a great area with lots to do all within an hour's drive. Even camping during a pandemic was peaceful & fun!