the dyrt
About Mongaup Pond - DEC
Mongaup Pond - DEC is located in New York
6 Reviews of Mongaup Pond - DEC
Clean and Comfortable

We stayed for one night and loved our campsite. Well maintained and informative staff. We were warned that we would see bears and we certainly did! Would definitely come back.

great place to camp

clean, great views, wildlife

Love this place

We cut our teeth as a camping family here. We visited friends who have been camping here for years and we went for it the next year. great spacious sites. Just a shirt walk to potable water or a bathroom from any site. the on the water sites are the best and everyone knows it. Its like the NFL draft to get the site you want months in advance. Woke up daily to bald eagle right in front of site. great place to paddle and fish. and if it rains town isnt that far away.

First time stay

Recommended by friends that have been coming for 10+ years. This place is awesome. Sites are spacious and nicely wooded. Great family place. Pond is perfect for fishing and water sports. Waking up daily to Bald eagles is always a plus in my book. Close enough to town to make resuppling easy but far enough away you don’t hear anything. Plenty in town to do on a rainy day. Definitely making this a regular place for us.

LOVE the Catskills!

I spent a good month touring around upstate NY, primarily the Adirondack and the Catskill parks. I have nothing but great things to say about both areas. I spent the whole month camping at new sites, and taking in a lot of the scenery. As far as the Catskills goes, Mongaup Pond was in my top ten for places to stay. I have to point out first and foremost that it is a wheel chair friendly site and it think that is AWESOME! Price is reasonable about $22 a night for a clean site, nice restrooms, great fire pit, and stunning views and hiking. I had a very relaxing experience at this site and highly suggest it for anyone touring the Catskills!

So fun

We came here and the sites in the E loop were the best. The sites were well managed and clean. There is a fire ring and table. The Rangers drive by almost every hour checking on the campers and would help them if they had any troubles with their tents or would teach them how to get a fire started. At night they would pass by and check on us about once every 2 or 3 hours. They are really friendly. The restrooms is not that far and is about a 2 minute walk from the site. If you wanted to buy ice or firewood, it is a 10 minute drive away and the firewood is 7 dollars a bundle here . At night the air is swarmed with bugs and can get really annoying.