The best DRIVE IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Elpis Camping Reviews
Beer Tree Brew Co. NY

Located in Port Crane, New York this is a brewery that allows dispersed camping in their paved parking area as long as you support their business. They have a food truck and unbelievable beer of all types. Make sure you call ahead at least one day in advance to ensure the owners are aware of your request to stay. The brewery is located near the Chenango river and offers great views of the farm next to the property. A great place to check out!!

Lake views!!

Beautiful new buildings on site, variety of campsites. Favorites are the beachfront sites, access to the beach and beautiful Lake Ontario. Small campground but very nice.

Great family place

Nice spots in loop c. Loop a is quite open. Nice overall.

Want to unplug?

Cedar valley is tucked away in a nice ravine along a slow moving creek. Mainly for those with campers but tent camping is welcomed. (and it's by the creek). The host/owner was amazing.

We were moving from Florida to New York and this was our final stop. We spent three weeks in the camper with 2 dogs, 2 cats and an 11 yr old. It was still amazing. The other campers were also amazing and very friendly. The nearest town is morrisville and the food there is awesome as well.

The downside for our 11 year old was there is no cell signal in the ravine. No verizon or att. Which was a bonus for we all were having fun but on days it rained she was a bit bored.

Over all a great spot out if the way.

Free Primitive Campsite

Camped here on a Thursday night in late September. Only found one designated campsite, which was available, but there’s a lot of good space for dispersed camping right nearby. Access at the end of a long, but well maintained, dirt road. Campsite consists of a fire pit and picnic table. Some litter, not too bad. No toilets. Bugs aren’t an issue. Water access at a lovely nearby pond. Highly recommended. Only giving 4 stars because the best free sites have water pumps and vault toilets, but this is a great camping experience

Rip-off

*If you like RV resorts and places where people drive around in golf carts, disregard my review, you will  probably love this place

OK, I hadn't planned to stay in an RV resort, but was unpleasantly surprised to find that the two nearby state parks I had hoped to stay at were not accepting campers without reservations in September 2020.  So I was kind of desperate for a place to stay after a long drive.

So I found this place nearby.  They gave me a tent spot for $70 (?!).  About 10 yards to the next campsite in either direction, zero privacy, although luckily all the other tent sites were empty, because I was the only tent camper fool enough to stay here.  The campsite was also right on a road, with vehicles and golf carts whizzing by all the time.

The place is really more of a cottage/mobile home community, although there were also some RVs while I was there.

The only reason I've given this place two stars instead of one is that it is on Lake Ontario, although of course don't expect to see the lake from your over-priced tent site.  They also don't allow dogs on the beach.

Probably the worst-value, and worst, place I've ever stayed, for what I was looking for.  Again, if you like RV resorts, please disregard my review, you'll probably love it.

Great spot for the night!!

We had a waterfront hookup ! So pretty especially in the morning with the sunrise. The road to get in was for the most part well taken care of. It was pretty quiet especially after quiet hours everyone was very respectful. It got really windy at night which was nice to keep the bugs away. Friendly neighbors as well. There’s a few steps down to a gravel beach and an expansive view of the delta lake. There were bathrooms in the middle of our loop which was great and easy to walk to and it was very clean. There is a water full station when you enter but there are also a couple water spigots in our loop.

Great mining right outside your door

Best for tents, camper vans or really small RV. Electric and water only on lower sites. Very steep driveway.

Very busy during the day. But great diamonds to find!

Gorgeous park to explore a natural gorge!

Whitaker park is such a fabulous place to spend a picnic day or stay for a few! Wide open flat fields for kickball or baseball and a view of the Adirondack foothills, spread out a blanket and read, play on the jungle gym or cook a great lunch on the grills at the pavilion.

Clean bathrooms with showers, sites for tents and rv’s, and a breathtaking trail to overlooks and waterfalls.

Great location offering both sunrise and sunsets over the water of Lake Ontario. Loved the access to the water for our dogs to swim and for beautiful views. Our site backed up to the water and although it was windy they thought ahead and built the fire pit up to block it. Our site was a little narrower than others based on our proximity to a corner, but we still loved it.