Bridgehampton, NEW YORK

Most Recent Bridgehampton Camping Reviews
Nice Place

Campground is nice

Amazing!!

Great place to hang with friends and family, lots of activities, clean bathrooms.

Clean and comfy

Clean, comfortable campground aimed more towards glamping. Lots of rv sites and very nice cabins. Cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen at a campground.

One of my favorites

If you want a good visit do not stay down by the lake!!!

Nice campground, great location

I try to go here every summer with my two preteen grandsons. We tent close to the restroom and the pool, which are very clean. We go mid week and the special is pay 2 nights, get third night free. Devils Hopyard and Gillette Castle are close and Rocky Neck State Park is about a 25 minute ride

Nice family place

Good family campground with access to the ocean. No fire pits in the ground but you can bring your own ($50 on Amazon) or rent one (bring cash). I've done tent camping here in the summer but don't know much about the RV side, although I believe they have dump stations and such. Restrooms and showers are pretty good too, but typical campground bathrooms. 4 stars cuz I'm not a huge fan of the beaches, if I could give 4.9 stars I would.

Really nice quite place

The campground is more woodsy. The playground is really nice and big has a lot of slides. The bathrooms are in one area and the showers are in another area. Is good for dogs to the trails are nice and big

Not really a campsite

This is more of a drive-in picnicking park than anything else. They have some activities and areas for games, but I wouldn't really consider it somewhere to camp.

Great Eastern Long Island Campsite

We went on Labor Day weekend and literally every site was booked, but for good reason. Really great and surprisingly long hike to the old lighthouse with lots of area for playing games and swimming.

Mixed review

They have a small playground, activities, tennis court, basketball. Not to mention its next to the amusement park.

However the tent spots are small and close together. Also there is only one set of facilities for the whole place.  It's quite a walk to the bathrooms.

Great location

Stayed here about two years ago just before then governor closed the state parks due to a fiscal crisis. The sites are very open, not wooded so you have little privacy from adjacent sites. Unfortunately our second night had some noisy obnoxious neighbors and there are no staff on site to monitor noise levels. Despite this the surrounding area is great. We hiked and went fishing nearby. There are few places to purchase goods on the way to the site so stock up before arriving. No water hookups or bathrooms either. If you prepare and know how to effectively car camp with a tent you’ll have a good time.

Rain didn’t ruin it!

RV pull through sites were fantastic. It was a great campground for maiden voyage in new rig. Plenty of amenities.

Awesome beach!

The facilities were clean and more than adequate. The beaches, picnic areas and hiking trails were clean and clearly marked.

Work in progres

State is really trying with this park, putting in new beach front cottages. Other then that the RV and tent camping is horrible, as the previous review stated sites aren't marked and the tables and BBQs are trashed.

Very easy going and nice spot

It’s nice for kids they have an open field with a playground for kids. There are dog friendly which was very nice. It is a lil tight from each site but you have the beach and a little hiking trails that makes it worth it.

Beach getaway

Only about 20 min drive and 30 min ferry trip for us we got to watch hill. Awesome place close to home easy check in and very friendly ppl. It’s a bit of a walk to camp site but all on board walk (we took to carts full of stuff) some sites are not private meaning some site will have your neighbor right behind you. We had site 2 which was a nice private site. Short walk to the beach. Only thing no hot showers as it was a beach bathroom shower. It was a little cooler so showering was not that great also showers are not covered no curtains. Also come with deet repellent as mosquitos are vicious. Over all great weekend

Decent camping

Very convenient if you want to go to the beach every day, but the campsite itself is very busy and crowded, usually with a lot of families and kids. Can’t use hammocks here, and you need to rent a fire pit. Nice if you want the location, but not the best for actual camping

North Shore Long Island

This park is run by the state located on the North Shore of Long Island, it's a good place to go if your a local and are looking for the country campground feel. It does sit on Long Island sound so there is beach access , mostly a rocky shore line. It's usually booked on weekends during the summer. Weekdays are easy to book and the price is great..

A very busy park in summer

This state park has a campground and a separate day use area for swimming and picnicking. The campground is family friendly and most of the sites are near the water. If you are looking for privacy and quiet, I recommend the F Loop. The other loops have sites close together and it is generally quite loud during the day. Quiet hours at night are not strictly enforced so you may hear people up and around until midnight or later.

We launched our kayaks from the day use area because the campground boat launch was extremely crowded. From here, we paddled south to the end of the pond and up the Pachaug River, eventually reaching the dam at Pachaug Pond. It's an 8 mile paddle with some tricky spots to navigate, but very pretty! This park also has plenty of trails for hiking and geocaching. The pond has some really big fish, but it's heavily covered with lily pads and there are a lot of submerged trees. If you're going fishing here, a weedless rig is the way to go.

Been coming here since forever

I love blydenburgh it’s my favorite park of all time for sure

Quick stop / overnight

Wife and I stopped here as our halfway point to Maine from Baltimore. We do not regret it! We got there late and couldn't check into a normal site but the park did let us use the emergency stop off area to set up a tent. The ESO area was located in the park and we had a nice shaded field right near the bathhouse to set up. Full access to the bathhouse and park facilities. It's $14 cash to use the ESO and well worth it if you need a place to stay on a extended trip. We can't wait to come back for a longer stay! We had to be packed up by 8am which was no problem because we went down to the beach in the morning and sat by the water. The park opens to public at 8 so we had almost an hour without any real crowds. The staff was nice and the facilities were clean, wish we could have stayed longer. Great place for families and don't forget your bikes! Very flat and plenty of riding!

Quiet, clean and friendly

We stayed for 4 nights during the week, and it was the quietest campground we've ever stayed in. We were told by a seasonal that its a whole different story on the weekend. There are 2 pools and lots of games that they provide the equipment for for free. Bathrooms were clean. Most sites are a good size. Fire pits are nice and big made with large rocks.

A lot of it is seasonal, but it didn't feel like it like others we've stayed in. People were friendly.

The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful. A branch fell on the camper, and the owners son came right down and checked it out.

Our only complaint would be the spot they put the 5th wheel our cousin brought. It was too close to the road, and they wouldn't let him pull in so we were facing each other even though it would have easily worked out.

Beach and Campground

The campground is clean and well maintained. There are many trails for hiking and a beach for swimming. There is a boat launch too.

Like camping in a city park, the beach cottages are the highlight

My husband and and I camped one night at this newly reopened park over the weekend in Long Island just to check it out and were pretty disappointed by the tent camping area. There are 69 tent/trailer sites(no hook ups). There is no distinguishing separation between each site nor a designated driveway for your car- you merely pull up on the grass. It's basically like camping in your local city park. People park wildly all over the place, which also makes it more difficult to determine which site is which by the number painted on the roadway. Each"site" has a picnic table and an barbecue grate on a post. There is one bath/shower house in the center of all of these sites with no path provided for folks to walk to and fro, so naturally people will walk right through your site randomly rather than around the road. While the bathroom building itself is in decent shape and has a large amount of toilet stalls and about five showers, the condition of women's room was absolutely ghastly inside.

At some point during the evening, a maintenance worker on a golf cart showed up with a mop and some cleaning supplies and cleaned the men's side of the building. I was so relieved when I saw him, but he seemed to neglect the women's side completely, so I resorted to using the men's facilities all night.

There are no fire pits on any of the sites, although I learned afterwards that they do allow you to bring your own metal fire pit as long as it is elevated off the ground. There are large dumpsters located throughout the camping area and a large trash bag is provided (if needed) at the camp office when you check in.

The highlight of Heckscher State Park is the newly constructed heated cottages located on the shore of Nichol's& Great South Bays.. There are currently 11 cottages--- with more under construction. There are cottages suited for two, four, and six people and range in price from$225-$285 per night during off peak seasons and$250- 320 per night during the peak seasons.

The cottages are fully furnished, with a full kitchen and large bathroom with a walk in shower. The cottages are a short walk from the beach and also include a fire pit with Adirondack chairs and an outdoor shower on the exterior each property. I do not have photos of the inside, but they do have them on the Reserve America website if you are interested.

While the cottages are lovely and their location is fabulous  they are quite pricey and  no TLC was spent in the$22 tent/rv camping area, other than a new registration office which is not yet completed as of this weekend. I do hope they invest some funding in the primitive area to add fire pits,more water spigots, clearer site markings and for the continued maintenance& upkeep of the bath/shower house.

* I emailed the parks departement about the issues mentioned above about the camping area and received this reply:

I am sorry that you are upset with the conditions in our recently opened campgrounds. We have replaced all of the picnic tables. Although, they may look old because they are weathered since these picnic tables were put together during the Winter, however, they are brand new. All of the barbeques are also new and were installed during the Winter. We have changed and modernized the light fixtures and we will be replacing the rusted doors that you mentioned. There are also plans to install a playground within the campground beginning this Fall and we are looking for other improvements and additions to the campgrounds. As you probably noticed there is a new building under construction, at the entrance to the campgrounds, and it will serve as a check-in area, as well as, additional comfort stations, including family restrooms. Your suggestion of fire pits is a good one and the Park Managers will evaluate the feasibility of installing these. Lastly, I have spoken to the Park Manager who will review the cleaning operation to ensure the restrooms are appropriately maintained. I apologize for our employee not cleaning the women's room. Again, I am sorry for your negative experience but we are continuing to make improvements to the campgrounds.

Sincerely, George Gorman Regional Director New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation

I will check back later this year to see if anything was changed and report back.

Off-season is great!

The beach area is very user-friendly with several parking lots as well as pavilions to break from the sun. Large bathrooms with showers and dressing rooms complete the amenities and several vending machines for snacks are available. Lots of shells and rocks so bring shoes.

In addition to the beach, there is a beautiful area adjacent known as Meig's Point. It is here you can follow a short trail through a partially wooded area straddling the beach. The beach is littered with boulders deposited by the glaciers. The views are beautiful and the rocks and stony beach give a connection to the time of the glaciers. Two information kiosks help to explain the evolution of the area. Across from here is a bucolic salt march. Beyond that is the nature center, another area to investigate.

Solid car camping location

We biked from the Chester ferry to Devils Hopyard campground, at the north part of the park. We reserved by phone, site number five which ended up being a good spot. There are no neighbors to the right of the site but the porter potty‘s are right there.

There is no running water or electricity but the campground still served its purpose. The waterfall was a quick walk away and you could hike down to the river for a quick dip. The river isn’t deep enough for a full swim but still was good enough on a hot day.

There is a general store in Hadlyme about 4 miles away. Other than that there are not many options for food or supplies. A woman at the general store mentioned the campground recently reopened. Based on the hike we did around the state park it appeared a storm had ripped right through the area.

All in all, this car camping or bike camping campground was a solid option.

Loved going here as a kid. Still love it.

Went here wtih my grandparents years ago and came back this year. Great sites and nice crowd.

Great low key campground

Very friendly family owned campground. Spacious sites that are not crammed together. Great trout fishing down the road. Everything you need is on the grounds. Swimming pool, kayaks and boats on the pond.

Decent weekend camping

Usually every site (I think $14 a night for green key members) has a decent fire pit / grill. Usually quiet, occasional deer. Be sure to lock food away as the raccoons are pretty invasive. The further camps are very far from facilities and the ones closer to the bathrooms are usually louder / taken up. Pretty cool little spot!