Auburn, NEW YORK

Most Recent Auburn Camping Reviews
Trailer park

Trailer park trash and people leave their porch lights blaring at night. Awful place to camp. Owners are nice though.

Great spot

Had a large, private plot in drumlin loop. Close to the beach which was very pretty and clean. Hiking trails, kayaking, and lots of other fun activities.

Wonderful Finger Lakes Camping

Large grassy sites with privacy between the sites. Most sites have a good level gravel pad to park on.

We stayed in the non-electric loop with a small travel trailer, but there are electric sites available. Spigots for water are spaced well enough that with a few lengths you can fill up.

The hike to the beach wasn't too bad through the woods, with ones being a grassy walking path and the other being a dirt trail through the woods. The beach is typically crowded.

This is a place I would always recommend.

they'll know you're not from around here.

We really enjoyed our stay at Brennan Beach! It was PACKED on the weekend, but they have a really efficient check in process and the staff is super nice. Probably some of the nicest campground staff we've met yet.

A lot of locals camp here seasonally, and if you're not from around there, you'll stick out. We had a few awkward interactions but nothing serious. Mostly just funny.

Definitely one of the nicer TT spots!

Great Salmon fishing....Mexico NY

This is our 4th experience at a Jellystone. The campground was clean and staff was super nice. Organized the Halloween activities nicely. Yogi and the characters were very involved. For the fisherman, it's located on Salmon River and appears to have quite a lot of large salmon this time of year. I was shocked at the size of the fish that were being cleaned. My husband believes that area of the river was a private sector for the campground. Smaller campground than others I have been too but made it nice for kids to rides bikes safely since there weren't golf carts located at this campground. What I didn't enjoy as much. 1) The sites were muddy, especially when it had recently rained. Luckily we came after it rained and it had dried out some. 2) the dog park was a walking area, not a fenced in yard for them to let some of their energy out 3) No sewer hookups available but does had a dump station on your way out.

This was a perfect weekend getaway. Kayaking in Cayuga Lake was not lacking some beautiful views. The sites are slightly close together but everyone was incredibly respectful and quiet by 10pm. It was a peaceful and relaxing stay. Would recommend!

Too many Golf carts

A would be beautiful campground is over run with seasonal campers and their golf carts. These fine folks never stop driving and take the time to walk and enjoy the the beauty of their surroundings. I have no issues with seasons campers but I do have an issue with so many people driving these things until late at night while drinking and being loud. I have camped in over 100 campgrounds along the east coast but I have never seen this anywhere else. All in all a very nice place to camp.

Clute Memorial Park Campground

Where to begin , I guess with the pros. This campground is located at the southern end of Lake Seneca in Watkins Glen. The park has access to the Lake for all water activities. It's located a few blocks from the main strip in town. The staff was friendly and the bathrooms were clean. The draw to this campground is it's location to the lake. My gripes. I'm sure by now you have read what other write ups have said about this park. It's just a large grass field, it's a lot of seasonal campers blah blah blah. Ok I get it. Like I said this place is all about location so you gotta give a little to get a little. The price point was a little high in my opinion. $65 a night. I think 50 would have been a fairer price. There are municipal buildings on the grounds so the roads were heavily trafficked with trucks and the speed limit is 15mph . To fast for these big trucks with little ones running around. And unfortunately we stayed during a point where they were repaving the main road through the park, and that only added to the noise and traffic. Thinking the fall or early spring would have been a better time to repave a campground.. all that said when I come back I will stay here again just for the convenience of the location.

One of the most amazing natural works of art

I can’t even describe how beautiful this place is. The trails… awesome the gorge trail is very wide wide enough you could drive on so easy for young and old no real climbing the north ridge trail and the south ridge trail however include stairs and are longer more intensive hikes. Amazing place for families because there are so many things that kids can do besides hike or lounge at the campsite. The lake has a beachfront where they can swim, kayak, paddle board, fish, boat, and so much more. Walking along the bottom of a dry limestone flat is the most invigorating thing. At the end of the gorge trail you’ll see not only an area with clear water to swim in but feeding this natural pool is a 215 foot waterfall!! Big birds (I thought they were falcons or osprey) swing over your head hundreds of feet in the air and sit at the top of the waterfall. If you believe in a god you will just be inspired by what He can create and if you don’t you will still be amazed at how this amazing place was carved out thousands of years ago by big sheets of glacier. The sheer beauty of seeing 400 foot vertical strips of rock wall is just amazing. The finger lakes region is amazing. I love NY and I love the NY state parks. I am lucky enough to live nearby in Buffalo and it’s always worth the drive. I’ve even just gone for day trips. Also the city of Ithaca is 15 minutes down the road and you can find other amazing places to go like buttermilk falls and local places to eat. My personal favorite was a small restaurant in the heart of town called Luna inspired Street food. Amazing! Lots of choices for anyone in the family. I should also mention though that the campsites here on the top look are a little cramped and the bottom loop is a little better you might not get the privacy you want on the top loop of campsites however, the bottom loop is closer to the NY 89 route so you might hear trucks in the night. Don’t have too many picture unfortunately my phone always dies and there’s no point for me to charge it out there with no service. If you have T mobile or most other carriers be prepared to not get any service unless you are in Ithaca itself.

Beautiful place but difficult campsite

The park itself is wonderful. Beautiful walking trails, waterfalls and a natural swimming area. The playgrounds are better than most we’ve seen. Electric campsites 1-6 are set up top of a hill which isn't apparent until you arrive. We stayed in campsite 4 with our 27’ camper. I have a few things to pick with our campsite. There is a tree in the middle of the campsite which makes it very difficult to park. We had to rest the rear jack on a log in order for our slide out to clear the tree. It’s obnoxious really. There are also no water spickets up top of the hill, yet the lower campsites with electric have them near by. Not really fair in my opinion. My advice would be to camp in electric sites 7-11 if you can. You won’t have to deal with the stress of a tree in the middle of your site. You won’t have to hall your camper up a sketchy hill and you’ll get to enjoy the luxury of water fill-ups.