San Antonito, NEW MEXICO

Camping New Mexico San Antonito

Most Recent San Antonito Camping Reviews
Beautiful, secluded

Wonderful site. You are surrounded by old growth pine trees while camping in an old CCC base camp. Our site was right next to a small stream, which along with the wind in the trees made for a nice experience while falling asleep.

The tent hosts work hard to keep the site very clean and cared for.

We will be back.

I would’ve given it a 5

Awesome campground located inside the gates of Bandelier. $12.00 for a paved back in or pull trough site. So much to do in the area. Hiking, biking, camping, it’s all there. My wife said the bathrooms were clean, fire pits at each site along with Bear boxes. If it would’ve had water I would’ve given it a 5.

Lovely spot

We only stayed one night but will be back! Very clean, friendly, quiet. Each site has full hook ups, covered picnic area. Very nice small lake for fishing I was able to go for a 2 mile run around the water!

Cool, peaceful, clean, beautiful

Beautiful views and peaceful camping.

Multiple Gunshots

First time traveling in an RV with my family, very familiar with Santa Fe area but visited in August of 2019 (Market/busy season). All the other RV parks were full and with our comfort in the city we thought staying on the outskirts would be fine. The owners/attendants were kind but not organized and a little rough around the edges. There was a game room but it was locked up, the bathrooms were ok. Now to the guns…. I believe there are several full time residents on the property, that were also a bit rough, firing into the open field next to the property. We immediately informed the Park host and he said that was not uncommon and he would look into in. It happened 2 out of 3 nights there, safe to say we will not return nor recommend.

Kids Loved This Place!

We stayed here for 2 nights after leaving Albuquerque and exploring Jimenez Springs and Bandelier National Monument.

The owners have made sculptural installations throughout the park and the kids loved playing on them.

Beautiful sunset views. Clean facilities and friendly staff. Feels like you are far from town which wasn’t an issue for us.

Ok Spot For An Overnight Stay

The surrounding area wasn’t very nice and it was a bit loud. Decent pace for a one night stay though. Clean RV park and friendly staff.

Petroglyph National Monument, on the outskirts of Albuquerque, was a big hit with our kids (ages 3 and 5).

Beautiful campground in a ponderosa forest!

This was our 4th visit to this campground and we still love it and plan to return again.  Sites are nicely spaced apart with tons of trees for shade.  Hiking trails lead into forest from various points as well as the major hike, Jemez waterfall.

There are pit toilets only, and water fill stations for personal use, not camper fills.  Dogs are ok with leash.

YOu must reserve spot ahead of time on recreation.gov as this campground fills up weeks ahead of time for every weekend.

Definitely a must stay!

Traveling along I-40 and needed a stopover for the night. I called and talked to one of the friendliest ladies. We arrived after hours, but it was well lit and easy to set up. I highly recommend this RV park to anyone who wants easy access from I-40, a clean campground and friendly service at a great price!

Excellent location & excellent park

Very clean well managed park. Location can’t be beat. Bus stops right in front of entrance for a 15 minute bus ride to downtown historic area. Sites are well spaced. Lots of trees for shade. Would definitely stay here again.