The best YURTS camping near
Woodlynne , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Woodlynne Camping Reviews
Nice campground. Dirty bathrooms

To be expected, this place was packed on a nice October weekend. Boy Scouts and families.. Overall quiet considering the amount of people. Nice trails. Close to Lake Nummy. With that said, the bathrooms were disgusting. Little maintenance and cleaning was provided during our weekend stay, especially during a global pandemic.

Very Busy, But HUGE amount of trails!

We camped here this weekend, working on some Scouting requirements. Had a great time! The only downsides: (1) the grass was quite tall in the Organized Group Camp sites (above-ankle grass + scouts in and out of tents after the dew falls = wet feet!); (2) It was fine for us this specific time, but if more/all the Organized Group Campsite spots were being used, there would not have been anywhere near enough toilets (unless the boys just all use the woods).  Other than that, was a great time! Parking is just by the Organized Camp sites; there really are toilets, even if only one, non-flush toilet per 5 organized group sites; SO many great trails, etc. The regular campsites were FULLY filled with people too, even after Labor Day! :-)

We also took the Guided Mushroom Hike, and it was great! Around 3-4 miles in 4 hours, with a LOT of observation and collection! Photos included in my comment. Also a great treat for all was that in addition to the great Ranger leading the tour, there were also two members of the Philly Mycology Club on the hike too! So between the three of them, this was an informative group! And VERY patient with my kids who asked probably around a thousand questions.

All in all, a GREAT time!

Scenic trails

A great state park with scenic trails and swimming available. Very popular area for children to enjoy with their parents.

Memories

Been going here for the past few years and had some of the best times ever

Friendly management but ...

Stayed for a long weekend with the family. Management at the front office/store were very nice and welcoming. Camp sites were very tight together. The seasonal sites were a little routy but didn't keep us up too late. Kids loved the fishing pond and exploring fantasy island. Found out too late that the train only ran on the weekends, kids were pretty bummed.

Nice park and camping

I live very much nearby this park, and usually come for hiking. However my daughter and I have camped here several times for the quick local getaway.

Have stayed in A and B loops. Many of the campsites are small, and privacy varies. I recommend doing some reconnaissance while you're there to scope out the best sites for subsequent trips. I'd skip the side of B loop that backs up to C loop, not only do you see your neighbors on either side, but also behind you. The back ends of the loops seem to have better privacy.

Our most recent trip we stayed in B25. The site was huge. Excellent for a large tent or multiple smaller ones. Could barely see our neighbors to either side, and the way the parking pad was, our Jeep blocked anyone across the way from seeing us. Downside: poor cell reception, furthest site from bathrooms. Still, id rent this site again.

A loop has better cell reception. Some of the sites in the 40s have better privacy but the spaces are tiny. Have also stayed in A8, which was large but there were no trees between it and A6.

Bathrooms have been clean every time I've been here, and showers have plenty of hot water.

In case of forgetting something, theres a shopping center with walmart, lowes, and a couple fast food options nearby.

Attached pic is from site B25

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.

Great Campground, huge sites!

At arrival we went straight our site,68. Large paved pad and huge grassy area around it. Trees around but none directly on the lot keeping us shaded and exposed and different times of the day. Very quiet. Fishing dock, and walking path. Across the pond is boat rentals and a zip lining. Great area. Def adding this to the list of places to return!!

Was ok

Check in was easy but the roads are narrow and we had a hard time getting on to site 145. We had seasonals in front and behind us who weren’t very friendly and one woman looked annoyed we were there. Our neighboring transient campers were very nice. The campground is PACKED! Very busy with kids and golf carts-even kids driving golf carts. We didn’t take advantage of any of the activities and I heard a band playing Sat night, although it was hard to hear over the music each seasonal group seemed to be playing. If your a young party goer, than this could be a fun place. Just wasn’t our thing. We did have a great time tubing on the river. Have someone drop you off at Hawkins Bridge and float down to the campground. A little over 2 hour ride.

Great Park!

We stayed at site 18 in Loop A. There is a connector trail nearby that can get you to most of the hiking trails. Site was nice. Bathrooms okay. This is a pet loop so be aware of dogs. Hiking trails in park were a nice challenge.