The best YURTS camping near
Oakwood Park , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Oakwood Park Camping Reviews
nice

Good site

Nice bike ride to the beach

Did a weekend bikepacking trip from New Brunswick to Allaire. Big sites that you can hear the highway from. A really nice bike ride to Ocean Grove and other beach towns. There are outlets in the bathroom and someone put a fullass drip coffee machine in one of the sinks. I did not refuse a fresh cup of brew.

Great stop for a Bikepacker

No electrical and no pets allowed in camp sites. But plenty of trees and huge fire rings in each spot. An RV would have a tough time but for car camping it’s great. The Delaware Canal is nearby with the tow path for biking. That makes this a nice Bikepacking stop.

Nice place

Nice state park with trails nearby.

Awesome place and so much to do!!

This is a beautiful campground with much to do around the grounds themselves. They had live music which was actually really good!!! A reggae band. We found plenty of trails to hike with our two dogs. Staff were very helpful and kind. Bathrooms clean And shower was warm and clean as well. They even have a heater to keep you comfortable in and out of the shower. The sites could be very close depending upon where u go. We had r6 and we had neighbor on one side. If the other spot was occupied then it might be a little too close for us. But there are some other sites that def are separate. If you have a big crew then there are plenty of joint spots. It was just two of us and two dogs so we would like a little more privacy. But we made it work and it is def some place we are going to go to again and again!!!!

Great!!

Our first camping experience. Bathrooms were clean, staff were friendly and the camp site well maintained. Awesome first time experience..

No Privacy, Dog Policy Not up to Date

I will most likely not return to this campground, although it’s just because of my own personal preferences. The two main reasons are as follows:

1. When my partner and I drove up to the campground there were multiple signs posted reading, “NO DOGS ALLOWED IN CAMPGROUND”. The pet friendly policy must be new so maybe they just haven’t gotten around to updating the signage, but it led to a few unwanted encounters which made it hard to unwind. I was questioned or warned by other campers about my dog being with me — even though I paid the extra fees online to bring her along.

2. The park was incredibly noisy at night and there is little to no privacy between campsites. Everything could be seen by your neighbors. We were kept up all night because we could hear other campers snoring and talking (they didn’t even seem to be talking loudly, they were speaking at a normal level). Because of this we left after the first night, we couldn’t handle the amount of people and are more accustomed to camping in secluded areas that allow for more relaxation.

The reason I give this campground two stars instead of one is because the bathroom and shower area was very clean, and I had my first bear encounter which was exciting. Three black bears strolled by the campsite next to ours in the early morning — gave us more of an energy boost after a sleepless night than our coffee!

2nd visit and a great time

This was our second visit to the campground and the first weekend they opened to RVs after Covid. No amenities were open but we had a great time fishing in the lake. Spots are spacious and campers were spread out throughout the large campground. Staff are very friendly and we had a great weekend! Lots of hills so bikes are hard to use. We hiked the golf cart trails which are beautiful and go throughout the woods.

Close getaway

I've stayed in the cabins here a couple times. Love the area lots to do hiking fishing nature walks, something for everyone. Cabins are no frills yet very nice no electricity they are equipi with 4 bunks a LG picnic table and a wood stove for heat. Also a nice porch fire ring and a charcoal grill

Peace and Quiet

Since it was late in the season, I called ahead to make sure this campground (22 individual sites plus two group sites and four cabins– two rustic and two modern) was still open. I was reassured that it was, that reservations were not needed, and that a ranger would come around to collect our fee ($30 cash or check). We arrived around 6 pm to a completely empty campground. Granted it was a rainy Sunday night, but the gates were open and so were the restrooms, so we settled into site 16, across from the restrooms. Aside from occasional road noise on Cafferty Road, we didn’t hear any noise or see another soul (including the ranger) during our overnight stay. There was no place to self/register/pay that we could find. The next morning, we woke to sunshine and the campground looked beautiful. No hookups and the bathrooms were reasonable but not the best we’ve encountered. The shower did not look very appealing. I did not see the cabins or the pool that is open Memorial Day through Labor Day. I read that two water releases each year in March and early November are very popular for whitewater rafters and many of these paddlers stay in the cabins and campground. I also read about hiking trails but could not find them on the Google map on my phone. Not seeing much to do, we packed up and left what was likely the most peaceful night of camping we’ve experienced in a long time!