Moapa Valley, NEVADA

Camping Nevada Moapa Valley
Most Recent Moapa Valley Camping Reviews
Beautiful and ugly

We just finished up a five day stay over Thanksgiving weekend. The weather was cold and rainy the first couple of days but warmed up afterwards to a beautiful finish.

The views are just gorgeous, camping is available right even down to the beach. We camped about 100 yards from the beach. Lots of camping spaces available, it is primitive camping. Most of the area is fairly flat. It is a bit Sandy so be careful but we didn’t have a problem getting our fifth wheel toy hauler down there. Keep in mind if you’re going to be operating ATVs of any type they do need to be street legal and insured. There are tons of trails that take you all over. Super fun riding and lots of great views.

If you’re a lightweight camper you can take any of those trails and find yourself a super remote place to camp. I wouldn’t recommend pulling a larger trailer on them though. I would stick to the main road and camping areas if you’ve got a trailer that’s anything more than a single axle.

Park units and RV Sites

There are big double wide and park unit houses in addition to RV spots against the fence and facing the lake.

Some of the photos of the spread out sites and tents are actually of the campground next door.

Park units and RV Sites

Great trees and sites!

It didn’t have full hookups, but there was water, a dump site and fire pits. Some other campers ran there generators too late and too early, but it was a beautiful site with wonderful shade and eucalyptus trees.

New favorite place

This place is awesome! Great hiking, clean bathrooms and showers. $20 for camping

Viva Valley of Fire!

Incredible campsites tucked away among the rocks have shelters and an amazing place to watch the light of your campfire flicker across the nearby giant towering rocks that your campsite is nestled amongst.

Amazing lakeside spot

I really hate to do a review of this spot as it will bring in more people here, but this spot is absolutely beautiful, we are right on the lake, kiddos are swimming every day all day, the 80° temperature is cooled by the lake breezes. We have been visited by coyotes, a great egret, roadrunners and numerous other crawling creatures. I'm glad I took the chance driving the 2.5 mile washboard road to reach this little section of paradise.

Government warrrsh

I’d give it 2 1/2 stars. Here on Veterans Day which happens to be on a Monday…. packed full. I decided to take the R-pod down a hill to the waters edge to get away and there were still people. LOTS OF TRASH. And I can’t stand that. Picked up a full garbage bag in a very short distance. The stars are for the water, and free camping. Easy access too I guess. Photo from my bed window tho.

Beautiful place

Beautiful spot amazing views and cold clear water…such a relaxing place. Sprinter van made it in n out no issues.

One of the nicest parks I’ve camped in!

PROS: • Restrooms w/ flushing toilets • Showers w/ hot water • Parking within your site, loved the proximity • Faucet w/ running water on site • Fire pit w/ removable grill • BBQ grill • Covered picnic bench • Covered metal garbage cans walking distance from your site • Pet friendly • Visitor Center driving distance from site (within park) w/ items i.e. fire wood, fire starters, etc. • Lots of hiking trails to choose from! We drive to all of our trails

CONS: • You have to be very patient to score a site. The sites are first come, first served — no reservations and the signs have always said that the campgrounds are FULL when I go here, apparently they’re not. My gf had gone earlier to the park bc I had to work and she had to scout for a spot. Initially, she was not able to find anything so she went for a hike then returned and scored a spot. Patience is key! • RE sites 16 or any that are up against a boulder. These sights are like megaphones. Everything said and done in these sites could be heard from very far distances. Night 1; musicians graced our ear drums with guitars sounds and singing. Night 2; family tortured our eardrums with their screaming child (sound echoed!) and conversations that had TMI written all over them. This is me venting but just be aware if you’re staying in any of these spaces and don’t be a d*€% in general :)

Overall: love this place! Great for beginners in the world of camping. It eases you into it (w/ the access to toilets and showers) rather than straight roughing it off the bat.

Amazing lakeside spot

Great campground close to LV

Love this campground. Easy access from Las Vegas, but feels a world away. Lots of big trees and bushes make the campground feel like an oasis. I’ve come out here on holiday weekends and was always able to find a site. Many of them have great views. The sites over looking the wash allow you to hear a river while you sleep! At night I’ve always heard coyotes and owls. Access to Lake Mead is a 15 minute drive away. Restrooms are flush facilities and clean.

Family fun

This campground is run by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is open to church members and their families. There are two large camping lawns you can rent out large enough for family gatherings. The cost is $100/night but you take the whole lawn, which is quite large. There are two swimming pools which are fed by the hot mineral springs. One of the pools has little fish that like to come kiss your feet as you sit. They have tubes you can use to float down the river. Bathrooms and changing rooms are available but I didn't see a shower. No bikinis are allowed or other swimming attire showing the females midriff. If you can't make it to camp, they have open swim on Thursdays for $3 /person. The facility burned down some time ago and the church has been working hard to get it up and running again. Great fun place to bring your family and have a reunion

Wow!

Beautiful campground in the midst of beautiful rock formations. The night sky is amazing from here, especially considering how close Vegas is with all its lights. A couple of bathrooms are shared while each site has a picnic table, shade structure and fire ring.

Okay for a few days

Honestly, we chose this RV park due to proximity to the Cummins facility. I don’t believe we will choose this park again.

Pros:

Gated. Full hookups.

Cons:

Proximity to Nellis AFB flyovers. Started at 7 am and were on/off all day. If you want a place to sleep in, this is not it. I love planes and jets, but this park is on the flight path.

Everything, except for convenience stores and gas stations, is at least 3-5 miles away: grocery stores, restaurants, etcetera.

Bad part of town, hence the need for security gates.

A severe tire damage spike strip is installed to keep vehicles from going the wrong way. And it is at the sharp left turn to exit (with an RV space across the way). There has to be a better way.

Speed bumps are throughout park. I hate this trend.

Not necessarily big rig friendly if you have a full side slideout. Could not use awning because tree butted right up to the slide.

Very Clean grounds and restrooms

Couldn't get a camp site at Red rock campground, or Valley of fire so we "settled" for this campground and glad we did. Even though the RV campgrounds are next door almost every one was in a trailer. But all was good because quiet time came and all the generators turned off. Park Rangers patrolled and we friendly and bathrooms were spotless!!!

Beautiful, Camping for all types, great hiking and visitors center

We had always heard how wonderful this place was and we made a point of staying here after a trip to Utah and Arizona.  We stayed in late October, weather was very nice.  Both of the campgrounds are in the red rocks and most sites you get to park your rig or put of your tent right in them.  Some sites have electric service.  This was (in October 2018) all first come first served, and it is VERY POPULAR.  So, you have to wing it and show up and hope for a site, and this is after you pay to get into the park.  It was so worth the visit, the environment is picture perfect everywhere.  There are a ton of great hikes and if you take the road up past the visitors center you can hike “the wave” see photo below, and potentially see lots of big horn sheep, including males with the large head racks.  This was such a great visit, I hope to go again, and spend more time.

Great low price

Stayed 4 days. Had a premium back in site near restrooms paid $25 nightly for full hookups. Some sites as low as $15 nightly. We found this downtown Vegas location to be a great close to the action RV site. Quite stay, super clean bathrooms and laundry room. Must register through the front desk inside the Main street station Casino. Staff very friendly, I would definitely stay here again.

Amazing experience

Sites were nicely spaced and al had water. There were walking sites available also. Shower/ restroom lights were very dim so bring a headlamp or flashlight at night. Also be careful of wasps nest on the rock formations.

Red rocks and beautiful dunes

a short jaunt from las vegas. we took the scenic route through lake mead national park. drove out on a sunday and had sites a plenty to choose from. Loved the off grid camping with majestic rock formations surrounding our camp which felt like beach sand beneath our feat. secluded and spectacular.

PACK IN PACK OUT

Ugly place

desolated

Very bad place

And very bad service. No one helps you there you are on your own.

Words can’t describe

This place contains over 200 miles of trails, suitable for a variety of OHV types, as well as hiking and horseback riding. Be sure to respect the land and its resources during your visit. Otherwise, the LTS will lose what makes it a fantastic place for recreation. There are numerous recreation opportunities available in the over 45,000 acres of the LTS, providing a destination for recreationists in southern Nevada and beyond. Many of the trails accommodate most types of OHVs, although some trails are suitable only for particular types of vehicles: ATVs, specially modified SUVs and Jeeps, or motorcycles. The trails can accommodate a variety of skill levels, with some trails limited to experienced riders. Hiking is also a way to explore the LTS. Picnicking and camping provide relaxing ways to experience the area.

Nice place but cold customer service

Nice place but cold customer service   Everything in this site is NOT ALOWED I understand we got to be clean neat and respectful of environment however this ppl exaggerated

Viva Las Vegas!

Located next to a casino and a short drive to the strip, this KOA has friendly staff and nice facilities. It’s also across the street from a Walmart for anything you forgot.

Dirty place and zero customer service.

Dirty place and zero customer service it seems it’s an abandoned place.

Gem

This one fills up fairly quickly I went the first week of May 2019 I showed up around 10am and about 7 spot were open I set up a chair and payed for my spot. When I came back in the afternoon all were filled with many late comers making the rounds. The campground setting is neat with beautiful red rocks surrounding you. Bathrooms were clean and showers were available. Great state park with lots of fun hikes.

Nice and safe campground

Full hook up,shower's poll

Loved this Park! It’s a come-back.

Very nice and clean park. The older side arranged in semi circles has larger spaces, but the newer side is really nice. We ha a pull through with full hookups. The staff is very friendly, and on arrival we were escorted to our space. Very nice showers and laundry houses - the showers are individually lockable. My only complaint was that the electrical pedestal was very low making my surge protector lay on the ground, and the night time security lights are way too bright. But yes, we would happily stay again.

Successful camping trip

Nice site. Easy in and out. Close to the water. Store employees and park host nice and friendly. Pet friendly park. July camping is a little extreme. But spend the day by the lake and leave a/c running in trailer and you are good to good.