The best BOAT IN camping near
Sparta , MISSOURI

Most Recent Sparta Camping Reviews
Amazing view

This park is a gem. It has amazing views of the lake from everywhere you look. The bathrooms and shower house are nice and clean.

Great location but not for tents

This is one of the largest KOAs I've stayed at and the kampground itself is very nice. The staff were great ands check in was super quick. Also, there's a rugged little trail that goes behind the kampground. It was a great little walk for the dog and I to stretch our legs after our long drive.

The tent sites are all located at the back of the kampground around a circular pavillion. Each tent site has its own water facet, electricity, and fair internet which are somewhat redeeming for the negatives below. It's nice to have a covered picnic table and the lattice provides some privacy from the picnic tables of the other campers. Other than the traffic is very quiet in by 7:30 or so. Everyone seems respectful of each other.

The tent sites are disappointing to me. They're small, close together, and nearer to the highway than makes for a good night's sleep in a tent. That makes them kind of pricey for what you get.

I'm tent camping because I want to be distanced from other people. I put mine up as far to the side as I can go, but I'm  still literally only 10 feet from the next tent. Other users mentioned grass on the sites. I haven't seen any grass around and site 5 has only stones on the tent pad. This site also has probably the worst view. It faces out toward one of the kampground roads and is in full view of the street light. The back sites seem darker.

I'd highly recommend this KOA if you're visiting Branson in a trailer or RV. The kabins also look really cute (and there are lots of them!). If I visited here again in a tent, I'd pick one of the two sites that face the woods.

The Spot!

Hidden Gem of the Ozarks

Definitely one of the most peaceful and tranquil campsites I ever stayed. Great place for families too. Access to Table Rock, Game Room, Pool and Jacuzzi. Small cabins and A-frames to rent. They have it all. This is my getaway!

Quiet and clean

Campsites are spread out, lots of privacy. Bathrooms are a short drive back to the general store. There is plenty of firewood around that you can cut. Campsite 1 was where I stayed, right on the river. There were floaters on the river, but not a lot and it was still peaceful. Great fishing. Nice fire pits and level campsites. I will be returning!

Great Corps of Engineers campground

Nestled on one of the best lakes in Missouri is this clean, family campground. Fairly level sites with quite a few lake sites. Nice boat ramp and swim area. Clean shower houses well located around the camping areas. Only complaint I could find with this location is trying to book an open spot and no full hook up. Loved this camp ground and will come back again.

So many great memories!

This was my 4 year old son’s FIRST camping trip. And it rained like CRAZZZYYYYY. But man we had fun! My wife is 29 weeks pregnant and she came too! Between fishing and canoeing and swimming and our hike… wow! The Carrick Creek loop was a little harder than anticipated… or it could just be that I’m out of shape. Either way. We can’t wait to get back out in the woods soon!

Really Nice!

This is a COE facility. Pads are generally good and pretty level. Sites are spaced out nicely. There is a marina here with a restaurant that is open during the season. It had just closed on Labor Day when we were here. I would definitely recommend it and I would stay here again. There is not a lot to do though if you are not going out on the lake. We drove over and spent the afternoon at Roaring River State Park, which is very near by.

Crowded, Quiet Time not enforced

This was a beautiful, but noisy and crowded campground by the water. We had site 9 which had a small trail to the rocks down by the water which would’ve been amazing to fish from. We walked down and enjoyed the views for a bit, then walked around part of the campground to see the swim area. Lantern hooks are available at campsites. Nice bathroom facilities. There’s only 2 showers so go at a non-peak time or you’ll be waiting in line. There’s no hand soap so bring your own for after using the bathroom. They clean the bathrooms twice a day. Fires are allowed but bring your own wood. They don’t sell it at the campground and the closest store ran out quick.

We made the mistake of staying here one night on Labor Day weekend. It was totally full, people were still rolling in after 10pm to set up with headlights blaring into other campers’ sites. People were very noisy with no concern of other campers. We had a large family 3 sites away from us set up at 9:30pm and continued to allow they’re kids to scream and shout and make crazy loud noise until nearly 1 am. The adults were loud, too. If you stay here in a tent, bring ear plugs to help with the noise. We were exhausted and wish we had reserved a night somewhere else. There was no one to answer a noise complaint call at the campground phone line and clearly no active camp hosts in the evening to enforce rules.

Best campground around!

Words can’t describe! Peaceful and quite. Easy access to the lake and ONLY place our family camps!