The best RV SITES camping near
Mount Vernon , MISSOURI

Most Recent Mount Vernon Camping Reviews
Great overnight resting place

Clean. Safe. Great for an overnight on our way from Joplin to OK City. $30 for electricity and water. Easy check in and plenty of spots. Also, near the casino if you’re interested. Nothing fancy, but we didn’t need fancy.

Great Location!

This is a great little gem! Definitely not rugged outdoor camping. It is in town but so convenient to an amazing place to shop, Branson Landing. We pushed our son in his wheelchair and walked around the area. The trolly is also available if you don’t want walk.

There is no playground for kids but a play area in Branson Landing and a candy shop. We plan to go back when heading to Branson.

Definitely wheelchair friendly and frilly is wheelchair accessible.

Amazing view

This park is a gem. It has amazing views of the lake from everywhere you look. The bathrooms and shower house are nice and clean.

We LOVE It Here

Trails, Great fishing and White River access. Nice restrooms with hot showers. Electric only. Easy/Nice dump station on way out. We love site 36. Favorite fir sure!

It was a blast

It was great for kids and adults the trails it had were great for everyone

Great location but not for tents

This is one of the largest KOAs I've stayed at and the kampground itself is very nice. The staff were great ands check in was super quick. Also, there's a rugged little trail that goes behind the kampground. It was a great little walk for the dog and I to stretch our legs after our long drive.

The tent sites are all located at the back of the kampground around a circular pavillion. Each tent site has its own water facet, electricity, and fair internet which are somewhat redeeming for the negatives below. It's nice to have a covered picnic table and the lattice provides some privacy from the picnic tables of the other campers. Other than the traffic is very quiet in by 7:30 or so. Everyone seems respectful of each other.

The tent sites are disappointing to me. They're small, close together, and nearer to the highway than makes for a good night's sleep in a tent. That makes them kind of pricey for what you get.

I'm tent camping because I want to be distanced from other people. I put mine up as far to the side as I can go, but I'm  still literally only 10 feet from the next tent. Other users mentioned grass on the sites. I haven't seen any grass around and site 5 has only stones on the tent pad. This site also has probably the worst view. It faces out toward one of the kampground roads and is in full view of the street light. The back sites seem darker.

I'd highly recommend this KOA if you're visiting Branson in a trailer or RV. The kabins also look really cute (and there are lots of them!). If I visited here again in a tent, I'd pick one of the two sites that face the woods.

Long term only

Hosts are quite rude

Nice view

Very nice campground. Staff is extremely friendly. Very close to down town shopping and food. We will definitely be coming back!

Easy fun hike through the Ozarks

This was my family’s inaugural backpacking adventure so it was short but fun! The hiking trail is roughly six miles from start to finish which was perfect for my 7 and 10 year olds who are growing more accustomed to carrying a pack. There are three primitive camp sites on the back side of the trail near the homestead and one on the water just before the trail turns to climb up the hillside.

I recommend hiking the trail backwards of the guide maps so that you finish with the lake view instead of start with it.

The Spot!