the dyrt
Algonac, MICHIGAN
Most Recent Algonac Camping Reviews
Parking lot

This campground was nice and well kept but BUSY. Every time I have been here it has been packed. There isn't much space between the sites so it kind of feels like you are on top of each other. I wouldn't come back here if I didn't have to. If you like more rustic camping, this place is not for you.

Nice campground by the lake

This campground was really nice and quiet. It was also right by the lake so you could walk through the woods and go sit on the beach! However, the water is freezing so nobody was swimming. The scenery was still nice though!

Family campground

If what you're looking for is family fun, you can find it here! However, if you are like me and like more rustic camping, this is not the place for you. The sites are very close together and you can see all of your neighbors. It's what we like to call "parking lot campgrounds." There are plenty of activites for families and children like kayaking, bounce house, and disc golf.

Private sites

This campground is my FAVORITE in Oakland County. The sites aren't super far away from each other but there are trees between sites so from most of the sites you can't really see your neighbors. The camping loops also link to a one mile trail which will lead you to the beach if you like hiking!

Clean, comfortable and on the St. Clair River

The the campground is relatively flat, many spaces to choose from, very catering to RV and travel trailer. They do have a primitive area for tent campers. The bathrooms are absolutely beautiful. The staff very helpful, activities planned during many weekend throughout the year. Rates are wonderful and who wouldn't like to wake up staring at the st. Clair River

Nice & quiet

We stay here every year when going to the renaissance faire.

Commercialized

If you like this type of camping then this theme park camping is for you. It's right in town with sparse trees and very small sites. Make sure to mark the max allowed occupancy to be camping because, if you don't, you will be charged extra cash for your child to spend the day with you while spending money on their amenities. They do have a little amusement park right next door so that can help entertain the young ones for a while and we did appreciate the dog park. It's not a horrible place as we did enjoy ourselves the first visit there. The campsite we had was in the back, between 2 cabins, and that one was actually a decent size. The 2nd trip was a bummer as we were reprimanded for having my girlfriends daughter show up and have breakfast with us. Which, by the way, we bought from the and she shopped in their souvenir store and purchased items. We had to pay another $5 so we could spend that extra money at their campground. Other than that, enjoy.

Close To Home

I love the fact it is close to home. We live in Fort Gratiot so when I have a work weekend we can just hook up and pull the camper up to the lakeside campground and enjoy some peace. The sites are very spacious in size and a few provide full hookups. There is some hiking available and the beach is right there to enjoy. Staff seems friendly and we never had any issues with them or any of the campers on site. We enjoy the peace and quiet of the wooded area and a nice campfire, so this is a nice place for us.

Lots of fun things to do around! 🎣🚤🚴🏼‍♀️

I really recommend to rent a fishing boat and spend the day at Harsens Island! 🚤🎣☀️

Super friedly Staff
  1. The Staff at the shop is really kind and definitely make you feel like at home. And also, they have the best cherry ice cream I’ve tried in my life! 😍😍
Great family getaway

I take my family here every year. Electrical hookup for my TT and potable water fill-up and waste dump available. Great beach with swimming on the no wake lake and some good fishing all around. Hiking trails well maintained and marked. DNR has kids programs on weekends too. I stay at the North campground (more rustic) but there South is nice just a little more like an RV park atmosphere.

RVs and Boats

Definitely not really a "campground" so much as RV park, but the facilities are very nice. I've stayed here with friends on their boats and it was great to have easy access to all of the shops and restaurants in Algonac.

Great views of the river and the ferries and boats passing by. Very easy access to Harson's Island via the ferry - you'll find great restaurants, water sports, and biking on the island, as well as some historical schools and churches. You can bike to either point, 12 or 19 miles each.

It was ok

The park was pretty, and clean, but there is not much to do for kids. The beach was covered in goose poop so we couldn't use the beach or go in the water. The playground…was 3 swings, we had 4 kids. So it was a little rough, we went home early

Great for tenting

The tent area was awesome! The rv. area was tight, but the tent area is first come first serve and we had a HUGE area. The park was quiet and the kids liked the animals and the playground.

Great little campground about an hour and a half north of Detroit.

Clean showers and bathrooms, beautiful clean beach and lake, spacious sites, lots of shaded sites. Staff is very friendly and helpful. This was our first camping trip ever and we will definitely return next year!

Huge, clean, and great fun!

We stayed in one of the group sites and it was beautiful. Less tree cover than we would have liked, you're basically in a giant grassy field, but it was perfect for a large group. we did have to share a pavilion with a group of older campers (celebrating a 90th birthday. Our group was there to celebrate my 30th) but it turned out perfectly as they did early dinners and went to bed in their campers.

The beach is nice, a little small, but clean and fun (would be nice if your pets were allowed to swim also).

The only real negative I have is that for each group site there is a single fire pit. This made cooking, sitting around the fire, and many other things quite difficult. There IS a large charcoal grill that can be used, but if you're doing separate meals, it will be hard to coordinate.

Beautifully kept if not totally 'removed'

Great campground with access to the beautiful St. Clair River as it runs between Lake Huron and Lake St. Clair.

When booking I suggest looking at the site map and choosing a site well off the road, its a busy throughway and the noise can be distracting, especially in summer months.

Great trails throughout the park!

Camping along the Black River

Compact Camp with open sites. Nice place to bring a kayak & canoe. Worn in dock area but still accessible. Donation based camping. Quick country get away where the locals are friendly. Cute park but bathrooms need major cleaning/updates.

Good little hiking hole

This is a beautiful place to do a day hike or even walk the dogs!

Beautiful Sites

Loved our site! Beautiful sites- more nature than many “campgrounds” - Deer, nature trails, great sites… would be 5 stars if they had a lake or pool to swim in. kids liked the big slide but we would of loved to swim. Great staff - great park!

Lots for families to do.

There is go karting and more with the connected fun park. Reserve well in advance!

Modern and submerged in nature!

Tons of trails for hiking and biking. They have kids activities on the weekends, a lake for swimming, great playgrounds and everything is really clean.

Family friendly campground

Camp site are various sizes, nice small beach area, has a camp store. The DNR was hardly patrolling the campground. For the most part we enjoyed the campground

Very Large Scout Ranch

This is another great scout ing campground with cabins, rustic camping, tent sites, lakes, horses to ride, this is one HUGE camp ground for scouts to enjoy and learn..

Awesome campground for bringing scouts to learn

This camp is for Boyscouts of America members and there families to come and enjoy the benefits of being a scout..They offer so many things here for the kids, there shooting sports, bb gun, archery, slingshot, for the younger ones and much more for the older kids.Such a great place for the kids to learn great values..

lakeport state park

Very nice park, i think the staff could be a bit friendlyer, I had a great time both times that I have been here, The park itself is wonderful with the beach and all..

Very well taken care of rustic camping park

This use to be a Boy scouts of America camp reserve until Silver Trails scout reservation opened up years ago, Now the city of Croswell owns and Operates it as a city park with one difference, it has its own caretaker for the grounds, it a beautiful camp along the Black River, with a canoe launch. Rustic tent camping only, There is a water Hydrant there for water that I believe is drinkable. They have updated out house type restrooms, that are very will lit and very bright with white paint and solar lights.If you wanna just go tenting for a weekend, this is a great place to go and its only a mile out of town..

Clean, friendly and sunny campsites. Nice beach and close to town

Most sites are full sun, local trails for biking and walking nice beach. Make sure to bring water shoes as the first few feet of the water is very rocky, but the beach area is large and clean, kids played in the sand all day.

Lots of activities for kids and families, beautiful trees!

lots of trees, cabins, tents and campers welcome. Many shower houses/bathrooms. Jumping pillow, tons of scheduled activities, equipment rentals, trails nearby. There is a movie theater, old one room schoolhouse, camp store, pools, number boats and putt putt. Lots of car traffic and roads are stone not paved.

Glamping

Tons to for kids, multiple pools including a zero entry, jumping pillow, ice cream stores, old west town hayrides, train rides($), multiple parks, and next to small water park. Campground is peaceful during week- due to cabins can be very roudy and crowded on weekends. Owner is very strict but tons of staff always on site to help.