Algonac, MICHIGAN
Most Recent Algonac Camping Reviews
Total insanity

Hundreds of unsupervised rug-rats swarming like locust over all the roads without looking where they were going. Boom boxes blaring rap music in competition among sites. Crowded sites so close to one another it was hard to tell were one started and another ended. Would rather sleep in the median of a highway than stay here again.

Love, love, love this campground.

This is a quiet, friendly and family campground. The staff is very willing to help any way they can. The sites are level and spacious.

A great place for the kids! With a beach, playground and paved roads is nice but the frosting in this cake is the petting zoo. Animals from bunnies, peacocks & cats to horses, goats and of course Milton the burro, get it? Milton Burro, LOL

The store has stuff for the kids at very reasonable prices and the ice cream shop across the street is a nice walk after dinner. There's a light there for safe crossing, too.

Try this place, you'll add this to your good memories.

No credit or debit cards. Cash and checks only.

Ship watcher's dream

Great sites by the river with great views of the freighters passing by. Nice bathhoues.

Convenient and clean

Usually have a pretty good time here. Nice little lake with some pretty decent fishing.

Busy

Well….. It's big… So when it's big it's busy.. 3 pools but way too crowed for me. So many cabins feels like you are in a subdivision.. One and done for us.

Great little park...

We had a blast tenting with some friends in September!  While the evenings got cool, the fire pits were great, the other campers were all friendly to us, and the facilities were more than adequate.  Our site was level and clean.  We loved the beach area even though it was too chilly for a swim, the ambiance of smelling campfires while watching the rolling waves crash in was great!  Several great places for a hammock as well!

Hidden Gem

Very nice sites. Wooded and up north feel. Great hiking and world class mountain bike trails. Nice big lake. Only drawback is you must drive to the lake or hike 1.8 miles through the woods on a trail to get there. No camp store. Equestrian trails and I hear they have a remote control airplane field and shooting range.

State Park Near Port Huron

This was one of my least favorite state parks. Like many Michigan State Parks, the facilities are old and the campgrounds are overcrowded in the summer with local campers. We stay here one night on the way Ontario. The border crossing at Sarnia is about 20 miles south of the campsite. The sites are on top of each other with no privacy. The beach on the east side of the camp borders Lake Huron. It’s not much to look at with limited views and just a thin rocky shoreline. The beach is just a few hundred yards from the camp through a line of trees. The restroom facilities were outdated and in need of repair. This may be ok for a one night stop but would not recommend beyond a short stay.

Tent sites with water acces. Very nice caretaker!!

Pretty nice

Camped here a couple times - most sites are nice and big but some have little space between them. The sites in the back up the hill from the lake are the best!

Fantastic place to camp with children. Love. ❤️ it

I’ve been camping for a while now. All my grandkids are with me. They will have fun all day long in and out of water. Great weekends be spent here👍👍👍

Clean, quiet relaxed

I've stayed at Addison Oaks campground many times over a few decades. It's clean and mostly quiet. A nice relaxing park.

The park offers nice holiday activities - we were last there for Halloween camping.

Would be nice to have a swimming option - I understand beach was permanently closed a few yrs ago.

Algonac state park rocks!

Minutes from Algonac….An hour from the big city, but seems a world away! The river is right across the street and you can wake up to freighters going by at dawn and go to sleep as their lights glide by.

Great campground

We come for Halloween camping every year! We love this campground. There is a ton to do for all ages. The kids keep busy all day long!

Great state park with hiking and large sites

Nice hike to the lake. Large sites and great biking area.

Parking lot

This campground was nice and well kept but BUSY. Every time I have been here it has been packed. There isn't much space between the sites so it kind of feels like you are on top of each other. I wouldn't come back here if I didn't have to. If you like more rustic camping, this place is not for you.

Nice campground by the lake

This campground was really nice and quiet. It was also right by the lake so you could walk through the woods and go sit on the beach! However, the water is freezing so nobody was swimming. The scenery was still nice though!

Family campground

If what you're looking for is family fun, you can find it here! However, if you are like me and like more rustic camping, this is not the place for you. The sites are very close together and you can see all of your neighbors. It's what we like to call "parking lot campgrounds." There are plenty of activites for families and children like kayaking, bounce house, and disc golf.

Private sites

This campground is my FAVORITE in Oakland County. The sites aren't super far away from each other but there are trees between sites so from most of the sites you can't really see your neighbors. The camping loops also link to a one mile trail which will lead you to the beach if you like hiking!

Clean, comfortable and on the St. Clair River

The the campground is relatively flat, many spaces to choose from, very catering to RV and travel trailer. They do have a primitive area for tent campers. The bathrooms are absolutely beautiful. The staff very helpful, activities planned during many weekend throughout the year. Rates are wonderful and who wouldn't like to wake up staring at the st. Clair River

Nice & quiet

We stay here every year when going to the renaissance faire.

Commercialized

If you like this type of camping then this theme park camping is for you. It's right in town with sparse trees and very small sites. Make sure to mark the max allowed occupancy to be camping because, if you don't, you will be charged extra cash for your child to spend the day with you while spending money on their amenities. They do have a little amusement park right next door so that can help entertain the young ones for a while and we did appreciate the dog park. It's not a horrible place as we did enjoy ourselves the first visit there. The campsite we had was in the back, between 2 cabins, and that one was actually a decent size. The 2nd trip was a bummer as we were reprimanded for having my girlfriends daughter show up and have breakfast with us. Which, by the way, we bought from the and she shopped in their souvenir store and purchased items. We had to pay another $5 so we could spend that extra money at their campground. Other than that, enjoy.

Close To Home

I love the fact it is close to home. We live in Fort Gratiot so when I have a work weekend we can just hook up and pull the camper up to the lakeside campground and enjoy some peace. The sites are very spacious in size and a few provide full hookups. There is some hiking available and the beach is right there to enjoy. Staff seems friendly and we never had any issues with them or any of the campers on site. We enjoy the peace and quiet of the wooded area and a nice campfire, so this is a nice place for us.

Lots of fun things to do around! 🎣🚤🚴🏼‍♀️

I really recommend to rent a fishing boat and spend the day at Harsens Island! 🚤🎣☀️

Super friedly Staff
  1. The Staff at the shop is really kind and definitely make you feel like at home. And also, they have the best cherry ice cream I’ve tried in my life! 😍😍
Great family getaway

I take my family here every year. Electrical hookup for my TT and potable water fill-up and waste dump available. Great beach with swimming on the no wake lake and some good fishing all around. Hiking trails well maintained and marked. DNR has kids programs on weekends too. I stay at the North campground (more rustic) but there South is nice just a little more like an RV park atmosphere.

RVs and Boats

Definitely not really a "campground" so much as RV park, but the facilities are very nice. I've stayed here with friends on their boats and it was great to have easy access to all of the shops and restaurants in Algonac.

Great views of the river and the ferries and boats passing by. Very easy access to Harson's Island via the ferry - you'll find great restaurants, water sports, and biking on the island, as well as some historical schools and churches. You can bike to either point, 12 or 19 miles each.

It was ok

The park was pretty, and clean, but there is not much to do for kids. The beach was covered in goose poop so we couldn't use the beach or go in the water. The playground…was 3 swings, we had 4 kids. So it was a little rough, we went home early