Marshfield Hills, MASSACHUSETTS

Camping Massachusetts Marshfield Hills

Most Recent Marshfield Hills Camping Reviews
Been coming here for 18 yrs

And its great every time. Nothing but positive things to say, if you haven’t tried it, defintely do. C loop sites our favorite, but really not a terrible site in the place, depending on what you camp in. Only drawbacks are that there are limited full hookup big rig sites, and they book up in advance; also water view sites down at the pond also book up in advance. Shower/bath facilities extremely well kept and accessible. Just a great family campground in a great location on The Cape.

Felt safe as a solo female

I chose a spot away from others and was glad I did. Behind me was nothing but quiet woods and a deer meandered through a couple times. At all times I felt safe and at ease, even walking to the bathroom (100 yards away) in the dark. The only issue was that the bathroom wasn’t very clean, full of bugs and there was no soap in the (1) dispenser for a few days. Otherwise, I’ll go again!

Quiet, clean, and in a lovely location

Sweetwater Forest has pleasant, secluded sites. This was the quietest campground during "quiet hours" that I've ever visited. Walking my dog late at night or early in the morning was absolutely silent. The camp store was well stocked and offered hot coffee and a variety of grocery items. There are a lot of touristy Cape spots a short drive away. It sits adjacent to a small horse farm, so that adds to the ambiance.

Easy check-in

Check-in during COVID times went smoothly. Some sites are a bit close together. Be aware that you can hear a train horn throughout the night, so if you're a light sleeper, that may be an issue. The trees were wonderfully tall, with plenty of shade. Picnic tables and firepits conveniently located on sites.

On the Canal

If you like fishing this is your place

Nice Campground

This place is very friendly people close to the Cap Cod Canal

Has good things ... has not so good things

We just completed our stay here at Curlew Pond.  Long time listener first time camper here.

Pros:

1. All the sites are basically on the water.  It's great.  The Reserve America / DCR site map is wildly inaccurate (never experienced that before)  and shows our site not at all near the water so it was a great surprise to be RIGHT on the water.   I added a photo of an accurate map of the layout.

2.  It was quiet (may be due to covid with less occupancy but we were very pleased with how quiet it was … even with all the children enjoying themselves, it was very peaceful.

3.  Bathrooms  seem new and are clean and well maintained.

4.  Showers also seem new and are private room showers.

5.  Despite the upcoming cons, we had a nice time and would probably  return.

Cons:

1. The showers are clean and private but, unless I am just inept, they seem to have one temp setting (push button operation) and that setting is scalding hot.  Like for real,  it steamed up the whole room almost instantly and it was too hot to actually use.  I truly could not understand it.   I left covered in steam and sweat - it was literally a steam room … in July.  Not cute.

2. The sites are VERY close to each other with almost no privacy / trees  to your left or right.  Due to Covid, the sites on either side of us were empty but otherwise it would have been alarmingly close.

3. There seems to be only one water spigot for the whole camp site.  You can get water from some  the dish clean sinks though.

4.  There was an ice cream truck that did rounds a few times a day.   I'm not a monster who does not like ice cream but … the music took us our of the element a bit.

5.  This is not exactly a con … more of an observation:  They have a very rigid and not quick registration process.  This may also be due to Covid but  you might want to be prepared for that possibility.

Myles Standish has several campgrounds

Myles Standish is ENORMOUS and has several campgrounds that are miles apart spanning more than one town.

I did a review on our stay at Curlew Pond Campground and it can be found at the Dyrt's page for that campground:

Valium without the pill

This is a great place for military members. Full hook ups, houses to rent, tent sites, and lots to do. Once the season closes very quiet, lots of stores in the area close. The base it self is very clean and quiet with beach access during low tide.

Good Campground, Great Location

This campground was recently bought by Sun RV so there already some changes happening- the arcade room is closed and being remodeled and they now allow you to use your own boat (non motor) on the pond which is a definite improvement. Mini golf and the pools are nothing special. We have camped here every summer for 4 years in a “glamp” site which is large with fire pit. The staff has always been friendly and we even projected a movie 4th of July outdoors with no issue. That being said, we use this mostly as a location to do other things- Old Silver Beach is 10 minutes down the road as is the Shining Sea Bike path. Downtown Falmouth is 10 minutes away as well where you have great restaurants, shops and the ferry to the islands.