Groveland, MASSACHUSETTS

Most Recent Groveland Camping Reviews
Above and beyond

We drove 3-1/2 days from Idaho to get to a COVID testing site which would take non MA residents and turn the results around under 48 hours. We needed quiet camping and not have it cost a fortune. Winter Island Park accepted our same day reservation for two nights and they’re very reasonable rates. Campground is well kept and they’re being very diligent about keeping the bathhouse clean after each use! Amazing! People are social distancing and wearing masks. The beach is interesting with some tide pools as well as sand and warm water. Life guards were paying attention. The camp grounds are quiet and there are big curious ground hogs. Attendants are very thoughtful. We’d definitely stay here again next time we need to be close to Boston. One of our favorite public campgrounds.

Quiet, Cozy and Clean

I spent two nights at a site right on the river. The tall pines provided shade for the hot days. The sunsets were spectacular, as well as the sunrise! The host is friendly and helpful - guiding me to my site and helping me back in. I was right next to the dock to enjoy the peaceful water. The campground was quiet and guests were so respectful of my site - hardly even knew others were fishing or enjoying the dock. Bathrooms were spotless and seemed newly redone. Easy walk to The Shell for more ice/firewood. Quick access to Newfields Country Store for fabulous sandwiches - their chicken salad is the best I’ve had and made on fresh baked bread. This camp is Also close to Newmarket and Exeter and only 20mn to the ocean. Delightful experiences.

Next to Boston

Great place for coming in and out of Boston

Neat and quiet.

We stayed three months here last summer. The beach and pool are small and quiet.  Baths are new and clean.  Only one washer/dryer.  No good food in the area or really at the facility. Driveway is hard to see and difficult to get in and out of.  Owners were responsive.

Not really our scene

Mostly seasonal sites. Lots of golf carts and drunks (if that’s your thing, cool). Facilities were nice and clean. We didn’t feel like we were in nature. More like the parking lot of a Kid Rock festival. They charge for EVERYTHING (internet $10 per device). Will not be back.

Felt safe as a solo female

I chose a spot away from others and was glad I did. Behind me was nothing but quiet woods and a deer meandered through a couple times. At all times I felt safe and at ease, even walking to the bathroom (100 yards away) in the dark. The only issue was that the bathroom wasn’t very clean, full of bugs and there was no soap in the (1) dispenser for a few days. Otherwise, I’ll go again!

Easy check-in

Check-in during COVID times went smoothly. Some sites are a bit close together. Be aware that you can hear a train horn throughout the night, so if you're a light sleeper, that may be an issue. The trees were wonderfully tall, with plenty of shade. Picnic tables and firepits conveniently located on sites.

Get your glamp on

Family and pet friendly, stocked store including adult beverages, very fun for kids, stuff to do like laser tag, float in pond, occasional live music in the field, overall the campground is well maintained and staffed. This is a glampground, keep this in mind, if your looking for a peacful Shangri-La seek another campground, if your looking to let loose and enjoy an amenity filled experience around other people, give this campground a try. I’ll go back again.

Nice Camp Ground

Nice campground. Clean, quiet, well maintained. Lots of pine trees so pine needles and pine pitch can be a slight issue. Staff is friendly and good amenities but no pool.