Amesbury, MASSACHUSETTS
Most Recent Amesbury Camping Reviews
Very nice!

I haven’t been tent camping in years but this past weekend I stayed while attending the Levitate festival. I was very comfortable, the bathhouses were clean. Can’t wait to go back!

Love this place

We have been camping here for many years. The staff and seasonal campers are all very friendly. The campground and bathrooms are kept very clean.

First Time Camping

We were lucky to select a very private site. Several more private sites seemed available. Pleasant swimming area, hiking trails, playground. Tiny store. Bathrooms were not super clean, but this seemed expected. No electricity at sites.

Meh

Campsite has been under renovation for a few years now. Changed owners a few times and now is apparently a KOA. Booked a river campsite but there was no river to be seen. Seriously paid a premium and was told we had to walk through a path (there was no path). Pool was overcrowded and could use some TLC. Constant drive by by security. Not relaxing, not nice. Wish we stayed elsewhere.

Large, quiet camp ground

Very large campground with lots of woods to block you from other campers. Dog friendly 🐶

Don’t waist your time.

I give it a 2 star because the Staff was nice. The camp ground itself is terrible. It looks like a camper / RV bone yard. Lots of what must be seasonal sites that have accumulated years of scrap metal and trash. Yep there is a golf course but trust me this place does not seem to be fitting for a golf course. The electric plug ins are so far away you have to have about 20yard of extension cord. Of course they conveniently have extension cords for you to barrow for a deposit fee. Long store short I don’t recommend this place at all. I didn’t even stay long enough to take a picture. I backed into my spot got out looked around and got back in my truck and drove north to a much better camp ground.

Beach camping...

This campground might not be for everybody, but if you like the beach you should give it a try. The sites are open with maybe one tree on most sites. Sites have paved and concrete driveways and lots of them have a concrete pad that would be under your awning. They recently built a new bathhouse and re-did the dump station to three lanes. Like I said it’s not for everybody weather is pretty much an open field with some sporadic trees, so very little shade. The ocean is on one side and the Merrimack River is on another side with a marsh that is great for canoeing,kayaking and fishing on another side.

Awesome, fun, clean

Great spot run by a gentleman named Keith, he’s been running it for years. Such a nice guy. Spot has great sites. I use tent sites, usually by the river. Spots are clean & roomy. Bathrooms are alway clean & showers hot. There are trails you can hike and explore. Just a really fun place to stay.

Wednesday camping

Awesome park. It was a quiet night and bathrooms where clean. Has spacious showers. Park rangers drive around campground often.

Family oriented camp ground quite nights

Loud campers will be asked to leave, there are three shower houses the one closest to main beach is the best with handicapped accessible shower stalls

Pools!

Great campground. The pools are amazing. Kid pools. Adult pools! Adult hot tub.

Nicely maintained

Sites are nice and the campground is nice and clean.

Under construction

Apparently KOA recently purchased this campground and while there were newer facilities (bathhouses mostly) the place was still in need of lots of repairs. River and water slide was fun and they did provide us with a late checkout of 5pm but only because one of my children was covered in ticks from an nest that was on the ground and the other got poison ivy. I don’t recommend camping riverside because the mosquitoes were the worst I’ve seen in my life and I grew up in Maine so I know mosquitoes and how bad they can be. The adults only hot tub wasn’t working on our side which meant we had to go to the one by the water slide with tons of kids nearby. Not very relaxing if you ask me. Staff was friendly enough but definitely did not go out of their way to go above and beyond. Security drives by your campsite on their golf carts a million times day and night and stares you down.

Total Gem!

In a last minute attempt to get some camping in we ended up at this little spot. First of all, as we were driving we were passing all these other campgrounds that looked pretty run down and trashed. Enter Epsom Valley. What an awesome spot!! The owners were so relaxed and friendly, the spots were pretty spacious and the rules were very relaxed.

My friend and I wanted to do a sunrise hike up in the Whites, but due to work schedules could only get a start up after 6pm. My parents were able to set up the RV and we came in around 9pm, no problems and no extra charge for me, my friend or my dog.

Our campsite was nice and level, right next to a river (with free canoe use!) and even had hammock trees.

The facilities were beautiful and clean. The only thing I would have to say is their “playground” needs a little work. I don’t have kids but I don’t think I’d let them go there if I did. It looked a little sketchy.

But my FAVORITE part was what was called the “wilderness area”. AMAZING little tent sites! They were secluded but still had full hookups. This campground truly has something for everyone and we will be back!

Great place

Big rigs stay at the bottom of the mountain where it's flat and are close together. Upon arrival the nice ladies in the office gave me a campsite map and marked 4 sites that were available, asking us to choose one and let them know which one. Sites on the mountain are in mature trees and site surface is dirt. I didn't see any hookup pedestals in the traditional sense but they are there, sometimes on the backside of a tree. Same with water. You need to look around a bit. We received great info about the local area and where to catch commuter trains to Boston. Very helpful office staff. The bath houses are old, could use some paint but are clean and checked regularly. I thoroughly enjoyed this campground. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Travel Trailer.

Great place

260 site campground with about half with 20 amp electric service. Water spigots throughout. Sites are wooded with mostly hardwood mature trees. There is at least 100 feet between sites. Large sites, couldn't hear neighbors conversations. Loop M backs up to woods so no one behind us. The bathroom was decent for a State Park with 3 shower stalls. The roads are one way smooth and well paved. 12 miles of trails for biking or walking. Fishing and canoeing available. Geocaching in the park. Each site has fire ring and picnic table. Buy your wood when you check it, the campsites are about a mile in. The dump station is conveniently located as you leave. The park is over 3500 acres. The spring house for Mt. Blue spring is down the road to the left going in, to the right leaving. Lots of people come here with gallon bottles getting fresh spring water. We camped at Wompatuck State Park in a Motorhome

Yurts!

Great, well maintained campground! The sites are close together but most spots are tucked neatly among the trees so it still feels like you're in the woods. Other campers were very friendly and respectful; we were there for the Fourth of July. Bathrooms are modern and clean.

We stayed in a "rustic" yurt (#47) - which had no water or electricity, but there was a spigot and outlet right across the road at the bathroom.  The yurt itself was well appointed, with things like bedding, a trash can, and even a privacy screen.  We brought sleeping bags to use, and ended up using them anyway.

$90/night might seem expensive for a campground, but considering this is so close to Ogunquit and the beaches, it's worth every penny for those who aren't looking to tent (or can't) and don't have a trailer.

Pay showers.

MA State Park - Great Choice

There are some wonderful sites in this campground, but not all of them have privacy.  We really lucked out with getting one of a few sites left on Memorial Day weekend - after walking the campground, I think we would have chosen the same one again!  #18 is right next to a ravine, so it was wooded on one side, and the two adjacent camps were visible but not on top of us.  The trees are primarily pine, which made for pretty comfy tenting.  Was a short walk to the facilities, but not close enough for the foot traffic to be annoying.

I loved that there were trails to hike from right in the park; you could do a short one, or a slightly longer loop (2.5 hours depending on your pace) with some inclines and boulders to scramble up and over.  We were on foot, but it would be challenging for mt. bikers in some spots.

Privacy with space

This is one of my top campgrounds visited. The close location to dining, motorcycle rides, wide/grassy sites and quietness all contribute to a very good stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful if needed. Our 2 dogs had plenty of walking areas. There is a good looking pool but it just isn’t warm enough in ME for me to swim. If you have children, there’s a nice play area with really nice playground equipment. If you want shade, not much but you have plenty of space to just sit on your other side of your RV and use that for shade. If we make it back to Wells, we will choose this Resort again….that says a lot with all the options in the area.

Worst campground!

This campground does not even deserve the one star. When you first drive-in the potholes are ridiculous and the sites are unkempt. We would never stay there again!

Excellent Boondock

We’ve been coming here for quite a few years now and have always had a wonderful time. We don’t do the hookups and cramped in very well and BA has several awesome areas to park and just enjoy the area. They don’t publicize the non hookup areas but they are wonderful and generally a returning crowd of great folks.

Hidden Jewel

I probably shouldn’t even be writing this review because it may prevent me from being able to stay here again this summer, but this very basic campground gives you everything you need located across a parking lot from the beach. When families are paying over $2000/week to rent within steps of the campground. You can’t beat this value at this prices!

Beachside camping in MA

The feel here is electric, and positive. Lots of RV’s that stay here all summer long. Feels like you are in a tight-knit community, very friendly folks, packed tightly together. Just fine if you don’t mind close quarters. Everyone gets so creative with their lighting/decor, it is fun just to walk around the campsite and admire just how well (and mobile) some folks live. The place comes to life as the sun sets, and stays very quiet during sleeping hours. A very short walk to the stunning beach. Perfect pit stop on a road trip north.

Very small campground

It is small but bathrooms not so clean nd rundown kinda gross someone overdosed across from us and our children had to see this guy come out of tent on stretcher with needle in his arm still

Awesome ppl that work there ultra friendly campers and nice amenities

Love love love this place but the company that owns it encore they suck but the camp ground is ran by a person named tracie and she is so nice and runs the place she and her staff and the campers is the reason we all stay here.

Deep in the beautiful woods

Camped here two nights in 2015 en route to Maine.  Located in a 10000 acre forest preserve, the campground is heavily forested and very secluded from civilization.  We stayed on site 22, which was spacious and private from the other sites on either side.

We were there in the fall but the swimming area at the pond was very  inviting.  I also liked the sites across from ours near the ball field and thought they would make a nice place for a large group of friends to pitch their tents  (Sites 31, 32, 33, 34)

The bath and shower house was well maintained and a short walk from 22.

The camp store carried some great souvenirs, snacks, ice cream and even had a coffee machine for those traveling light and in need of a hot cup of coffee.

No longer in existence.

Wyman’s Beach closed in 2006. It has now been developed as private, seasonal holiday condos.

21+ only = quiet!

This is a beautiful campground with easily accessible sites, meticulously maintained grounds and it’s super quiet. Tons of walking trails through the woods, and around the pond. A very relaxing place. The owner Tom is one of the nicest guys you’ll meet. Oh, and he provides firewood for free!

Beautiful Location on the Lake!

Lots to do, Kayak, Swim, Hike and more. Very friendly staff, very scenic location many sites are on the water. Only drawback is you can’t bring your dog 😪.

99 % Seasonable Sites

All everyone does here is ride around in Golf carts with cases of beer and get drunk. Not my scene! It’s a underfunded trailer park.