White Flint Springs , MARYLAND

Most Recent White Flint Springs Camping Reviews
A great escape from the DC area.

We camped here in early April 2021. The first weekend open of the season. This is a smaller campground, only 34 sites, but it had all you needed. Only an hour from the DC area. Sites were generous, and equipped with a good fire pit, and space for parking two cars at our site (12). The parking/tent site was gravel. Picnic table was large and there were two places to hang a lantern. 12/13 were electric sites and water access for the area was right in front of 13. Our friends had a rather large trailer (30 ft) and it "just fit" on site 13. There was a walking path to the bathhouse between 13 and 14. Sites 8-11 were on a nice open field, with some smaller trees. There are lots of trails in the area, though we didn't explore too many on this trip. Bathhouse was simple, but effective with steamy, hot water! People were good about keeping their space in this COVID era (signs for masks for the bathroom, but I never was in there with anyone other than my own family). It was so very cold the first night we were there (25!). We took advantage of our electric site and used a small space heater to take the edge off of that night! Park attendants were the most attentive I have ever seen, making their rounds every 30 min or so. You can hear (when its quiet) the low hum of noise from a nearby road, but I didn't find it troubling. Overall this is a great, easy to sneak away to spot for those of us close to DC.

Hosack campgrounds

Small camp with sires from tent to full hookup

So good I did it twice

Being just barely off the beaten path, I wasn’t expecting all too much from the one night stay over planned heading from New Jersey to Shenandoah in Virginia. I was surprised at the quiet, understated beauty of the forestry around the perfectly level campsite. With on-site electric hookup, and amenities including dump, water fill, garbage and recycling easily accessed on the way in/out, all creature comforts were there for enjoying. Took a fairly easy hike down to the river and even went for a swim. Loved it so much, I stopped on the way back home again!

• Stayed Fall 2020
Beautiful Campground but Busy on weekends

This is our local go-to campground. Anytime we want to get away easily we visit Greenbrier. It has 4 loops near a small lake with swimming and boat launch. Great for kayaking& fishing with kids. There is a dog loop and an RV loop. Sits right off the Appalachian Trail. I think that they have a hiker pick up service.. as I've seen the rangers drop off backpackers into campgrounds. The lake& picnic area is crazy busy during the weekends. I do not camp on weekends here. Which is what gives it a 3 star. I find that the people ruin camping with lack of campground etiquette. But the campground hosts are quick to clean sites. and the park staff are wonderful. Fall time is gorgeous& quiet as well.

Simple Adventure

Everything at the park is laid out pretty clearly and straight forward enough so you shouldn't have too many issues. Make sure to have cash to simplify paying for things such as firewood (you can pay upfront).

There are camp toilets with toilet paper and hand sanitizer near the Red 1 tent site (not sure if there are others) which were clean enough. The trails are beautiful and I'm sure there was more to do, but didn't have a chance to see. Definitely a reason to return!

We had a great time

Good campground with a good amount of activities for the kids. Bathrooms didn’t have a lot of water pressure in the showers, but overall were cleaner then expected. We had a great time, and plan to visit here again.

Nice and dated

It was probably an amazing park 30 years ago. The creek was really nice. Sites were good size and ours had a patio. Had a fair amount of amenities for kids.

Relaxing

Our favorite campground. The most relaxing setting. Our kids love the creek and playing in and around it.

Some activities, playground, mini golf etc. but more of a relaxing campground.

AT stop with showers

Backpacker campground with bathrooms and showers. Close to the South Mountain Inn, a hiker friendly restaurant. Big field.

Great spot on AT

Backpacking campground just off the AT. Moderate difficulty 2+ mile hike from Route 40. Spring and compost outhouse. Great views. Been camping there for decades.