Eden, MARYLAND

Most Recent Eden Camping Reviews
Loved it!

Friendly staff. Nice bathroom and shower facilities.

Went in the blazing heat of the summer. Mosquitoes and other insects well controlled in camping area and near nature center. Eaten alive by critters on back side of trail.

One of my favorites

Been tent camping here since I was a child caught my first fish there such great memories. It's also not a far ride to the ocean.

Best

I’ve been going here for years, best place to camp.

Best Beach Campground!

The beach. A national park. Wild ponies. OC boardwalk 10 minutes away. What could be better.

It's dry camping with ice cold showers, but it's quiet and beautiful. Nothing is more magical than waking up to ponies breathing in your tent.

Nice family campground

We stayed here for two nights during a three day trip to Rehoboth beach. Very reasonably priced and had a lot for the kids to do. It’s a short drive to the beach and close to the major road with all the restaurants and stores. Pool and bathrooms were well maintained. I would stay here again if in the area.

Fun

Super fun for kids with water park and Wild West show. Some sites aren’t the best but we got lucky

Location trumps privacy

We don’t always pick campgrounds for their spacious sites and scenic views. BUT we do pick them based on the outdoor activities we can do from the campground itself via bike riding or walking. Since we don’t bring a car location is very important to us.

This private campground is in a fantastic location. Waking distance to stores, water slide park, kayaking, fishing/crabbing from bridges and Biking distance to Chincoteague Wildlife Refuge & Assateague Island National Seashore . There is even a complimentary trolley that will take you to the beach during the “in season”.

You can rent kayaks and bikes from this resort. There is a pool, jumping pillow, and playground. The water park adjacent cost an additional fee. They have 3 day passes and after 3pm packages. (You May also get a discount from KOA front desk)

The campground- tight and efficient with a lot of options for staying here from little cabins safari style tent cabins, rental Rv’s, grassy tent area to full hook up rv sites. We had a premium RV site and since we were here off season in late April- the campground was not super busy. Just expect that you will be in very close proximity of your neighbors and it will be loud and boisterous in the evening. Our solution?? Hike and Bike all day so you are exhausted. That way after dinner and a couple of glasses of wine… you really don’t care.

We came here specifically to experience the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge and Assateague Island VA National Seashore and the parks did not disappoint. We biked and hiked the the parks but you can easily enjoy a lot of the sites via car. Just know that pets are NOT allowed. There are Ubers in this area. Here is a link to the trail and park map.

There is a fee of $10 per car for 7 day pass. Bikers and Pedestrians get in free. (The fee gets you into both parks).

Happy Camping! Pamela and Keith

Great park

Very family friendly park. Close proximity to the beach. Lots of family friendly activities. Full stocked camp store.

Relaxing and beautiful

We had a great last camping trip of the season at this State Park. There are 6 loops with 10 sites in each and then a primitive camp area. The loops are small and sites are close but I didn’t feel cramped and many sites were angled in a way that you weren’t staring at your neighbors camper or tent. We were in D 05 and had a view of the pond through the fall foliage. Our relatives had site 02 and felt cramped but I thought it was fine. All sites had electric and water! The trail around the lake was awesome with some slight inclines but mostly flat. There were short spurs to scenic spots of the pond. Total walked was 4 miles. The trail is just behind the loops so it was easy access. There was a Nature center that was beautiful. They offer boat rentals but that was closed. There was a hayride and bonfire on Saturday night but we didn’t go. A very large field is across from the loops where kids could play. Bathhouses were large with 4 stalls and 4 showers. Firewood is sold at entrance $6/bundle. Store was small. Staff was very friendly. I took pics and video of loop D only.

Beautiful Delaware scenery

Ranger Review: HeadSpin Convertible Light System at Trap Pond State Park

Campground Review:

We enjoy camping in the off or shoulder season more than peak because the campgrounds are quieter, however, sometimes this means we cannot enjoy the full amenities a place has to offer. At Trap Pond, we missed being able to rent a canoe, kayak, or paddleboat by a week. Free bike rentals were still available (donations accepted) so we were able to take a ride around the pond (about 4.5 miles). There are four loops plus cabins and yurts. All sites appeared level and some have a view of the pond. Bathhouses were very clean, including the showers. When we were there, they were delivering a new bath and shower facility to one of the loops. Although I did not check it out, there is also a laundry facility. The camp staff was extremely friendly and helpful and there is also a small store for t-shirts and essentials. We only stayed for one night but would definitely consider returning at a time when we could rent a boat to be able to see the Cypress trees up close.

----------------------------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I have the awesome opportunity to occasionally test products. At this campground, we tested the HeadSpin Convertible Light System by Headspin Outdoors. The first thing I noticed when I unboxed my HeadSpin was how compactly it was fit into its semi-hard, zippered carrying case. That said, however, if packing space is at a premium, you may want to decide which elements you want to use before taking a trip to reduce what you pack. Although intuitive to figure out how to use, there were no instructions (maybe missing from mine?). Because of this, I was not sure when the unit was fully charged (the green light was flashing and did not change to solid, but the unit seemed to be charged). We travel in a campervan, so we have USB and electric charging capabilities while camped but if you are tent camping, make sure everything is charged before you leave home (or, if you are driving a distance to your campground, you can charge it in your car using the USB port). Assuming the flashing green light indicates it is charged, this process did not take very long.

There is one light that can be attached to three base options: flashlight, headlamp, and bicycle mount. There are three light strength options, as well as a wide or narrow beam, and a strobe setting. The light is attached via magnets and I found it very easy to attach and detach the light from the different mounts. We also used the light as a stand-alone magnetic mount on our van door and on the metal lantern post; making the magnet system very versatile.

I have a favorite flashlight I have used for over 10 years, so it was going to take a lot to convince me to change. I was very pleased with the HeadSpin flashlight– it is very lightweight and easy to hold, however, a strap would be helpful. My husband thought the strap was necessary since the handle was so slender (this was a plus for my smaller hands!). Also, there was a warning in the packaging about how strong the light is and not to place it face down while on. Because of the design of the flashlight, I would likely have done this, so this warning was good to include.

We had recently used headlamps on a guided trip and had considered buying them to add to our supplies, so I eagerly looked forward to trying this one out. Although it worked fine, it was a bit bulkier/heavier than the headlamp I recently used. I used it to go to the restroom and to cook dinner and wash dishes in the dark; the more I used it, the more comfortable I became with it.

We don’t travel/camp with bicycles, so we were not able to try this mount. I rarely bike at night (if I can help it!) so not sure I would use this option, but it is a good addition, as I know many do bike in the dark.

Overall, I really liked giving the HeadSpin a try. I loved the flashlight, and the packaging is top-rate, however, it is pricey, so it is an investment. Picking up a battery-operated flashlight to find the batteries were dead would convince me it is worth the price! I think campers who like gadgets will like this product very much.