The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Calumet , IOWA

Camping Iowa Calumet Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Calumet Camping Reviews
Martin's Access

Primitive camping was awesome

quiet park in the country

I went to college nearby, so i knew of this park but had never visited. On our way to Wyoming from Chicago, we stopped to stay here overnight.  Other than saying it's a nice place in the woods, in what is otherwise open farmland, I don't have much else I can say.

Peaceful!

We love this park. We have never been there when it's really crowded, but we know it gets that way. Sites aren't crunched together, so you have privacy. Trails are nice. Everything is well maintained. Showers & bathrooms are awesome! We almost always see wildlife when hiking😁

Nice park need updates.

Very clean park with lots of camp sites. Checked online said they were booked but called anyway to double check and they had multiple spots available. They DO NOT have water hookups at each site, the lady in the phone said they had water but didn’t clarify you have to fill up. I got trailer all disconnected and leveled and finally realized, no water. Had to re hook up and go to spicket to fill. Other then that nice campground near lake and has a very small beach front and picnic area.

OK for passing through

The small town of Ida Grove is known for its castles (!) and as we were driving through town, we saw this campground. It is located right on Hwy 59 so you will definitely hear road noise when staying here. Many sites are shaded but there is no physical separation between the sites. It was very quiet on a Monday morning in August (only about two sites were occupied) and I could not find anyone to speak with. The ladies room was reasonable. There is a path that goes around the campground and two play structures but other than that, I don’t think there would be much to do, making this good for a pass-through overnight stop.

935 Park Lane, LeMars, IA

Just beyond the golf course is the municipal park’s campground. We stayed in the old section (no sewer) which had lovely thick trees offering welcome shade in 90+ degree weather. The sites sit on a small rise between the swimming pond and willow creek. For $20 we got power, water and WiFi. A real find in the middle of corn and soybean country. LeMars is also known as the Ice Cream Capitol as Blue Bunny is headquartered here.

Great site to spend a week

I can not say enough about this campground. The sites are well maintained, bathrooms are IMPECCABLE someone was out cleaning the shower house at 11pm one night. The staff are extremely friendly and there is so much fun for the kids to bike, swim (sand beach), and fish. The surrounding area provides so much entertainment you can easily spend a week.

Peaceful

We camped here over the weekend, sites are pretty spacious and friendly camp hosts!

Since I was a wee lad!

Emmerson Bay is the Best for Tubing on tbe Iowa Great lakes so access for your boat here too is also amazing, However theres not a place here to park it. But this place is awesome for icefishing as well!

Good for the family

Nice bath houses. Clean area. Good for the family.