Camping in Mars Hill Downs

562 Reviews of 81 Mars Hill Downs, Georgia Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

Close to I75

Be careful with navigation, construction seems to have changed how to get there. Simple but clean. Gravel sites.

SiteA1
Lesley and Vera E.
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2021

Beautiful Views, Iffy People

We've been to this campground twice. The first time was beautiful and we wanted to come back. We have family that lives on Lake Lanier so we are in the area a lot. Our second site was not as beautiful, but still had some decent views.

While we weren't drinking, the campsite next to us was and the…

Misty M.
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Nice location near lake lanier

Took my parents camping at Bald Ridge and we are all living the trip. Site #78 is at the back of the grounds so it’s quiet, secluded and there is a pathway to the lake which is just though some trees and viewable from the site. No bugs for us.

tThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Good

This campground is convenient to the interstate but is having construction. Site are good size but not level. Not much green. Lots of gravel and limestone. Some trees.

Site-
Month of VisitNovember
Ava C.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

beautiful campground

This was actually my first time ever camping out of a rv, easy hookup and nice space for rv/fire/table and then some. I had a campground with a lake front view and u couldn’t be more content. If you want a really good view I recommend camp site 07/08/09 I’m at 09.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Nice shady campground on a hill

We have visited Sloppy Floyd twice and would stay again. Nice large spaces, could be more level. Great for families and kids with large playground. Clean bathhouse with$1.50 load laundry. Nice Camp host has been there for years and looks after the kids

S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Awesome lots off the water

We had a great time summer camping with our boat, RV, friends & kids! Would definitely recommend booking early snd getting one of the lots that slopes down to the water.

Site38 I think
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Allatoona Landing Campground

We stayed at site #23 for 3nights. Notice - the campground entrance is located between 2 railroad crossings and each have low ground clearance and located in turns (the turns seemed to help a bit rather than a straight on approach) - also the trains run pretty close by the campground roughly on…

• Grey water dump location
A
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Great Family Campground

We have tent camped here multiple times. Great place to stay. Owners are super nice and are working on a lot of upgrades. We love spending the day by rhe pool. Highly recommend and can't wait to go back!

SiteT08
Ursula B.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Clean campgrounds

Beautiful clean campgrounds with very friendly campground staff

Month of VisitNovember
Ursula B.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Redtop campground

Beautiful and quiet camping on the water! Campgrounds are clean and well kept with friendly keepers. We loved our camping trip and thoroughly enjoyed the trails and walking trails that cut through the campground Iron Hill.

Sitecan't remember back of campgrounds on the water in a camper back in spot
Month of VisitDecember
Brandi T.
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Amazing Experience

The campsite was perfect and clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The resort was immaculate. Would definitely go again!

• Play button icon
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Great Campsite

I was able to move to a 2nd site. This one is nice. Plenty of room, nice shade, full hook ups, private, fairly level. I would come back here if I could reserve another spot like this one.

Cristina G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Holy smokes this site was excellent

Had a great stay at Van Pugh South in site 35. The site was located on the lake with gorgeous views. The pad itself was mostly concrete and had a slight tilt towards the waters edge but nothing too bad that couldn’t be fixed with a minor adjustment. We chose not to bother.

The camp sites are…

• google maps of site 35 location
  • site 35
  • barely enough room for TV and 25ft trailer but we did it
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

OK

The campground has new ownership. It looks looks like they are trying to make improvements but have a lot of work ahead. Most of the roads and RV sites are gravel. There are very few level sites. The one we stayed had a 2’ elevation change. The back of my rig was almost touching the ground…