About James H Sloppy Floyd State Park
James H Sloppy Floyd State Park is located in Georgia
8 Reviews of James H Sloppy Floyd State Park
Our first time camping at Sloppy Floyd state park.

Our first time camping at Sloppy Floyd was nice! It was very quiet. There was mostly older people there so I did feel like I had to keep my kids quiet for the older people around us. There were a few kids there but not many. The comfort station was nice and had showers with a washer and dryer. It was also nice that they had ice and wood you could buy from the campground host. The host was very nice as well and loaned our kids some bicycle helmets for the time we were there. It is a very nice place if you want to get away to somewhere quiet and our campsite was fairly large but we must have not gone when there were many kids. They also offer cabins, fishing, and paddle boat and kayak rentals. If you like hiking there are also a couple of trails. The only downside is they did not offer anywhere to swim. Other than that we had a great time!

Fall fun

Trip taken Nov 2018. Our first trip with our son who was 5 weeks and still sleep and easy. We love this park. We planned ahead and got two good spots with our friends. We braved the cold for a short hike one day and also visited the lake where we tried to feed the ducks. This park is easy to get around, had clean restrooms, and beautiful scenery. Site specific reservations really make it easy too.

Wet Weekend

Visited in February and it was a wet sloppy weekend, LOVED IT ! Of course no water sports due to the weather. I saw some fishermen and I know they have paddle boats to rent. I also saw a handicap accessible fishing pavilion. At the campground I ended up with a pull through site . I love the set up of the campground. It is a winding, hilltop, one way road through the campground which adds to the privacy of the sites. There are double sites to pick from and a nice handicap site next to the showerhouse. At the far end there is a playground and one site right behind it. So be careful not to pick it if you don’t want to listen to the raucous noises of children. There are a couple of trails to pick from, two circle the lakes. One connects to the Pinhoute (don’t ask me to pronounce it)and there’s a trail to the Marble mine. The cabins don’t allow pets , they are nice structures with full amenities and decks. The pioneer structures would be cool for a group event. I did not hike to the primitive campsites. Rain, mud and mess aside we had a good time.

Site #15 on the hill is great.

It’s a small campground with very large camping sites and well placed through the area. All sites were really nice and most had separate area for an extra tent and trailer and eating area with fire pit and grill. Well maintained. We had woods directly across from us and no one around us. Bathroom facilities very clean, well kept with lots of light, heat and hot showers. Plenty of activities with hiking trails, 2 lakes for fishing, kayaking and paddle boats. Recommend the Marble Quarry hike. Falls were flowing great due to all the rain we had before. Trails around the lakes are nice and easy accessible. Loved the place and the people at the office were great and knowledgeable.

small but nice

this camp ground was a great spot for family and time to just hang out with family.

Great campground with 2 lakes, plenty of hiking, fishing,paddle boards.

25 RV sites, 4 back country sites, 4 cabins and more. Close to Summerville and Rome Ga right off State Highway 27, great place to enjoy the outdoors!

Clean campground

Close to home but a nice clean campground. Decent trails. nice lake to jave a lazy day next to…

James H. (Sloppy) Floyd State Park

This park is near my home, so in addition to some regular camping this is the park where we have broken in two new campers. (Little Guy Silver Shadow Teardrop and a Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser). The park is well maintained, has two lakes and 25 camp sites.