About James H Sloppy Floyd State Park
Drive In, Walk In, Boat In
James H Sloppy Floyd State Park is located in Georgia
6 Reviews of James H Sloppy Floyd State Park
Wet Weekend

Visited in February and it was a wet sloppy weekend, LOVED IT ! Of course no water sports due to the weather. I saw some fishermen and I know they have paddle boats to rent. I also saw a handicap accessible fishing pavilion. At the campground I ended up with a pull through site . I love the set up of the campground. It is a winding, hilltop, one way road through the campground which adds to the privacy of the sites. There are double sites to pick from and a nice handicap site next to the showerhouse. At the far end there is a playground and one site right behind it. So be careful not to pick it if you don’t want to listen to the raucous noises of children. There are a couple of trails to pick from, two circle the lakes. One connects to the Pinhoute (don’t ask me to pronounce it)and there’s a trail to the Marble mine. The cabins don’t allow pets , they are nice structures with full amenities and decks. The pioneer structures would be cool for a group event. I did not hike to the primitive campsites. Rain, mud and mess aside we had a good time.

Site #15 on the hill is great.

It’s a small campground with very large camping sites and well placed through the area. All sites were really nice and most had separate area for an extra tent and trailer and eating area with fire pit and grill. Well maintained. We had woods directly across from us and no one around us. Bathroom facilities very clean, well kept with lots of light, heat and hot showers. Plenty of activities with hiking trails, 2 lakes for fishing, kayaking and paddle boats. Recommend the Marble Quarry hike. Falls were flowing great due to all the rain we had before. Trails around the lakes are nice and easy accessible. Loved the place and the people at the office were great and knowledgeable.

small but nice

this camp ground was a great spot for family and time to just hang out with family.

Great campground with 2 lakes, plenty of hiking, fishing,paddle boards.

25 RV sites, 4 back country sites, 4 cabins and more. Close to Summerville and Rome Ga right off State Highway 27, great place to enjoy the outdoors!

Clean campground

Close to home but a nice clean campground. Decent trails. nice lake to jave a lazy day next to…

James H. (Sloppy) Floyd State Park

This park is near my home, so in addition to some regular camping this is the park where we have broken in two new campers. (Little Guy Silver Shadow Teardrop and a Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser). The park is well maintained, has two lakes and 25 camp sites.