Adairsville, GEORGIA
Most Recent Adairsville Camping Reviews
Relaxing

Camped here Thursday and Friday night and was close enough to the city to be able to commute to work Friday morning. Our site I believe was 51 and steps away from The water. Easy check in and friendly staff.

Once again - Awesome

Second time tent camping here, but easily my tenth time coming here for the scenery. I bring all out of town visitors here for a great hike and dip in the rapids. Great amenities and wildlife to boot.

Too bad it is seasonal

Wow what a view and location. Too bad it is only open for the summer. If you have a kayak SUP or canoe paddle back deep into the cove for some pristine and quiet areas. Some of the sites are close together but it is worth it for the location. If you like to camp with a neighbor there are a few double sites too.

Tucked away and convenient all in one place

Great sites and easy to navigate the staff is incredibly helpful and while you are out in the woods it is still very convenient and accessible to many attraction and areas of interest The bath houses are very clean and updated. The park offers boat rentals, hiking miniature gold and some very cool history.

Tucked away and convenient all in one place

Great get away, excellent facilities

We had a great little weekend in our travel trailer. Couldn’t have been happier with the site and facilities. Only disappointment was seeing the litter people have thrown in the falls. A park worker their said they have to bring a group 2-3 times a year to remove the trash that tourists throw into the falls. Last haul weighed 80 lbs.

Clean and pretty

Plenty of sites to choose from clean bath house smelled like bleach (I like that)

Clean and pretty

Nice, private, little spot

Sweet little spot. Just stayed Saturday night. Got there about 7 pm and there was one spot left. Only 5 campsites at actual hickey gap. The pavement ends and it’s a 6 mile,well maintained, windy gravel road. You’ll come to a fork in the road where hickey gap is on the right, with day parking, then down in the holler there’s the campsites. They sit along mill creek. The sit is well maintained, not overgrown. Nice flat tent pads. Trees for enos/hammoks. Remote area that isn’t not very traveled. Shaded by tree cover. There’s what people called a water hole swimming area down the creek a half mile hike but it hadn’t rained much so it wasn’t very full but still cool! There are outhouse/vault toilets, but we’re kinda nasty and had maggots/bugs in the waste. The fire pits have grill gates attached to them. Beware of what we were told are Japanese wasps that are huge and like lights. They didn’t really serve as a problem to us but our camp neighbors got stung. Given that we did have cintronella candles burning.

I would recommend going if your not afraid of primitive camping!

If you paddle GO!

If you paddle go to ridgeway recreational area. Put in, go right short paddle to Waterfall. Go left into the unknown. Everything's at a 65 % slant. 5$ to park. Far off the hwy. Warning tho as I was leaving, the churning, burning, stinky jet skiers were putting in.

If you paddle GO!

Small, but beautiful

Hickey Gap is located in the Cohutta Wildlife Management Area in Georgia. The area is beautiful, undeveloped terrain, and the campground was surprisingly clean and well maintained. The campground is small, with only 5 spots, and it is first come, first served, so might be hard to get a spot during busier times, however camping is allowed in the WMA, so you could always backpack in to find a great spot. I noticed someone had a campsite across the creek from the campground.

The sites are primitive, but all had a tent pad, fire ring, and picnic table. All are heavily wooded, but the first ones are less private. All are right on the creek.

There’s a pit toilet, but it was so gross and stinky, I could not even walk in the door, so I’d say just plan to just use nature’s facilities!

Beautiful area, nice camping area if you like free primitive camping, and don’t mind some neighbors!

Amazing!!!

This was our first camping trip (in a tent) that we have ever taken, and Red Top delivered. It was a beautiful location off the lake, great weather, and lots of trails to take. A great place to make memories. It was easy to find, easy access, and plenty of amendities. The bath house was a little rough, but with some cleaning up and renovations, I think it would be perfect. I definitely recommend any first timers to check this place out! Red Top topped our first adventure!

Acceptable

Not a lot of privacy or woods between camp sites but all services available and plenty of spots right on lake line.

Host,hospitality and hang outs

Clean showers/toilets, personable host with small store, spots for Campers, tents and even a few rental Cabins. Fantastic spot out of the crowds but less than a mile from Amicalola Falls.

Best hospitality around!

When everything else is booked and you begin to lose hope, give them a call. From the time you pull in to the minute you leave out, everything you need is available and the boiled peanuts that Mike makes are simply icing on the cake. Less than a mile from Amicalola Falls/hiking, quiet camp spots and clean bath houses.

Great Views

This park is fantastic if you are looking for views.  The hike along the rim will take your breath away.  The hike down the canyon is long and a bit strenuous, but at the bottom is a huge cave that can be explored a bit.  Have help with you though, as the cave can be tricky to climb out of….and you will get muddy!

Absolutely beautiful. Quiet, friendly, Great Lake views

Great family vacation

We arrived at this place and was taken on the views it has. The park had easy access and great cabins. The hikes to the waterfalls was challenging but well worth it. The campground store was great and friendly.

Fort Mountain State Park is a nice place to camp! The drive to the park is very scenic, with 180 degree Mountain views. The park has a small lake with a beach and swimming area, kayak and aqua bike rentals, fishing, mountain bike trails, hiking trails, a mini golf course, playground, and picnic areas throughout.

The campground has two main loops, lake side and creek side. Both are gated, so you will need a code to enter. We stayed in the lakeside loop on site 62. It was a very spacious site, plenty of shade, “waterfront” (none of the sites were exactly on the water, but paths through the woods to the water) There’s a trail around the lake too, I believe it was just under a mile long. Most of the sites in the lake loop were great, all wooded and most of them have a view of the water, you can’t go wrong with any of them.

There’s an area called “Squirrels nest” and I believe it was a tent area that looked really cool, I would like to stay here with a group! It is located in the lake loop. There’s some backcountry sites in the park also, I planned to hike to one to check it out, but the trails aren’t marked very well and I couldn’t find my way without driving to a trailhead so I didn’t see them. The hiking was disappointing to me, but I’m accustomed to Smoky Mountain hikes.

The creek side loop looked nice through the woods when I hiked by, but I didn’t actually go through the loop.

The restrooms were great, very clean, very spacious showers. Modern and well maintained.

There’s a store at the campground check in, it has ice, firewood and other essentials, plus some souvenirs and such. They gave me a trail map along with the campground map.

The day use area (beach, picnic, mini golf area) was SUPER crowded on Saturday, so be aware if you plan on using this area, might want to plan on staying mid week.

Nice wooded, level spots throughout the campground, great spot to camp.

Hanfs down our favorite camp ground ever

Absolutely beautiful waterfalls, fun activities, and clean camp sites.

Easy from Atlanta

Red Red Top is one of my favorite spots when I need a quick Wilderness cat away from the city. It is always well taken care of, and the sites have easy access to the lake which is nice for sunrise, sunset and relaxing in a hammock. The sites are clean and easy to find, and the campground is only accessible with an access code in the evenings.

Nice

Nice campground.

Nice and Quiet

This place has a nice camping spot with plenty of shade.

Fantastic campground in the mountains.

This campground was one of the best that we have stayed at in Georgia.  Our site was a back-in right on the Hiawassee River.  Will most definitely stay at Riverbend Campground again.

Nice place

This is a nice place beautiful quiet has a creek running through it 2 1/2 mile walking trail covered with older growth trees great to bring your family for a barbecue or stay the night there’s no power but it has water Great for small trailers I would try to stay under 25 feet my grandchildren played in the natural spring and creek pretty much the whole time we were there there is a large area covered for bigger functions I believe up to 60 people we enjoyed it

Beautiful park

Very clean camp grounds. Very nice sites. Clean bathhouse and friendly people. Will definitely go back

Fabulous people

This campground is simple, but offers a great experience on the water. They have kayaks to rent, and a shuttle. You can try out and buy kayaks there, too. The owners are stewards of the waterways, and led by God.

Secluded and shaded

This campground offers well-shaded, and secluded sites. Beware of the raccoons. They are very clever. I spent a little time raiding their trash stash.

Really nice

I love this army corps of engineer park. It lies 3 miles in of the main road. Their are two campgrounds here. One is primitive with vault toilets and one water source. Each site has four ring, and picknick table. There are several nice campsites around the shore line. Steep trails down to Lake at the end of pavement. Some parking there also. Pay for these spots furthur into the park at an atm type pay per campsite machine. Follow signs to public boat launch. As of 2019 8$ for primitive camp, 5$ parking at boat launch.

Official Campground with hookups 22$ and up, and a boat launch with dock. Some sites are more private than others, bath and showers, few have steep trails to lake. There is a nice beach with sand and swimming area. Also tent camping sites right above the swim area for 18$. The sunset view from there is very nice. There's benches!

This lake has heavy boat traffic, lots of fisherman and jet skies. During the week, it's quite. A really nice place to visit. I SUP along the shoreline and in coves, but lots of chop on the weekends.

Also many trails for hiking, tho I've not hiked there.