Adairsville, GEORGIA
Most Recent Adairsville Camping Reviews
Primitive camping perfect for Rocktown climbers

If you’re looking for amazing scenery, this is not the place. It is, however, a free, primitive camping site just a short 5 min drive (or walk) from the Rocktown trailhead. The close proximity to the many wonders of Rocktown is a dream for climbers. Meant we could spend most of the climbing, rather than making a long approach. My group went for several days over thanksgiving 2018, and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Nights turned a bit chilly, so make sure to pack layers if camping in the fall or winter season. I think you’re technically supposed to have a Georgia outdoors permit to stay here (which we did), but we did not encounter a single ranger during our six-day stay. Check the Rocktown forum on Mountain Project for up-to-date info on permit requirements.

The road leading up to the campsite is extremely rough and washed out. We were in a Subaru Outback, and it was a very slow-going, bumpy ride — we bottomed out several times.

You can pretty much set up camp anywhere there’s open ground. Plenty of trees around for hammock camping as well. My group of 10 people had no problem finding open areas to set up camp together. There are several man-made fire pits, and plenty of wood and brush lying around to scavenge for fire-making. There are no water hookups, so make sure to pack plenty of water with you. There is also an area at the campground for equestrian camping, though we didn’t check that out, as, alas, none of us had horses.

Great park!

Very clean and quiet. Camp hosts are awesome very friendly. Bathrooms are so clean and well lit. Has showers and laundry facility.

Fresh air, Mountain View and quiet surroundings

The site was a pull through, mostly level and had views of the woods. I like my sites to be more private from other sites but it helped to have the woods on your sitting side.

The restroom was newly remodeled and kept clean.

The park has great opportunities for hiking and biking. It is close to Ellijay for junking, wineries and apple picking.

Adequate but not special

We booked the very last sight open in this campground for a thur-sun tourney in Chattanooga. It was about a 20 minute drive to the fields from the campground even though it was in Georgia. There are very few campgrounds around this area so if you need to stay near Chattanooga book ahead of time. Campground had everything you need and showers and bathrooms were clean and always available. Most people staying in this campground looked to be staying long term. Sights were too close to eachother for my liking but a few sights back in the timber were spread out more. Nothing special about the campground at all but nothing to really complain about other than lack of privacy.

Convenient and functional

Battlefield Campground & RV park is locates right off the exit in Ringgold, Ga, right behind the Georgia Winery, so it is very close to Chattanooga. The campground seems to have a lot of long term guests, so I wouldn’t recommend it if you are looking for a relaxing retreat to the woods. The sites are very close to each other, and most of them were full when we stayed. We were on site #69, right across from the pool. The Campground does have some nice amenities like the pool, and playground, dog park, and the pavilion, which I’m not sure what this space is used for, but it was nicely furnished and could be used to host a party or something. The restrooms were exceptionally clean! The bathhouse located in the pavilion was very nice. The staff here is very friendly and accommodating. The location was convenient for us to get back and forth from Chattanooga, but I would only return out of necessity, as I prefer to be a little more secluded when I’m camping.

Very nice !

We diverted to Alabama due to hurricane from east coast. DeSoto was a great choice for October. It is a very clean and well maintained park. We had plenty if options for hiking and waterfalls. Large campsite and clean bathhouse. Water/electric, too. Plenty of wildlife around.

Awesome !!

Love this campground. We stayed in the West Rim. Very spacious, wooded, private sites. Water and electric only. Nice dump station, over the air TV worked great. Nice waterfall hikes. Only reason it’s not a 5 Star is no sewer.

Nice local site close to Atlanta

Lake Allatoona is great for all water sports.   Miles of shoreline so you can still get away.   Campsites are spacious where none are poor ones.   Lots of deer graze all times of day.  My only complaint are the camp hosts.  They are not friendly at all. Very strict with their check in rules.  If you don’t follow them exactly they will turn you away to the back of the line.   So beware.

Very nice & peaceful campground

This review is for Tranquility RV and Campgrounds in Mentone Alabama. I really enjoyed camping here. A lake front campsite with water & power hookup was $30 per night and that was on Memorial Day Weekend. The campsite was a nice size and it’s pet friendly. There is a 6 acre lake for fishing but it’s catch & release. And no swimming or kayaks allowed. There was a bath house with toilets and showers not too far from the tent camping sites. DeSoto Falls and Desoto State Park are also very close by. I have map of the campground that shows the lot numbers, I’ll post it with my photos.

Private and quiet!

This is our first time at an army corps of engineers campground. We truly enjoyed it!

Our site is very private (we only used the website map to pick an available site…props to my wife for selecting the site…we are in site 22 in case you were wondering).

I didn't get a chance to snap pictures or videos but it is nestled along the shore of Lake Allatoona.

The sites are clean, large fire rings, concrete picnic tables, asphalt vehicle and RV pad, pea stone is spread across the"living space of the site and surrounds the fire ring. They are also fairly level; I only had to use one block under there pair of tires on The driver side of the trailer to level the RV out side to side.

Keep in mind there is no septic hookup at these campgrounds. They do have 15/30/50A power and water hookups.

Yes, we'd come back in a heart beat.

Clean, privacy, lake, no mud on your site if it is raining (thanks to the pea stone), and fairly level.

Happy camping everyone.

Nice and clean

Kinda far from the main area of the park. Basic sites. They are nice. Yurt spots available also

Beautiful, wooded, clean

Had a great time at Doll Mtn Campground. The sites are tucked into the trees, lots of great spots for your hammock! We stayed at a walk-in site, but were still close to a pit toilet and our car. A really nice fully functional bathhouse was just down the road. A short walk from our site we could take a trail down to Carters lake. We ended up driving about 45 to hike in a nearby park, although I think next time I go there I’d like to just stay around the lake and take in the area.

Had to move, but awesome switch

We reserved one site, but when we arrived, someone had vomited all over the site and parking area. We went back to the gate and asked to change sites. Normally they wouldn't allow, but they couldn't get someone to clean up the site until much later. The new site cost a little more, but it was worth that difference.

Sites are spacious and well-kept. More music than I prefer, but it eventually stopped.

Bathrooms clean, good pressure. Washer and dryer at bathhouse, too, was a great bonus.

Will stay here again.

My favorite State park in Georgia!

This is my favorite! Gorgeous views all around! We have tent camped on site #33 and can't wait to go back!! West Rim campground is the best one, with plenty of space between large sites and most sites are shaded. If at all physically possible, hike to the waterfalls! Going down is fine but the coming back up is a challenge for this old girl from the flat lands of south Georgia, but so worth it! If you can only do one, I think Cherokee falls is the easiest and it's beautiful!

Beautiful mountain views!

We have tent camped here three times and can't wait to go back! The sites in campground 1 are spaced apart, large, shaded and close to bath house. We camped on sites 13 and 15 in campground 1 and on site 52 in campground 2, which I think is one of the best sites in #2. Make sure you hike up to the fire tower and the observation deck for great views! The trail around the lake is very nice and even good for younger kids. Wildlife is everywhere, we saw a large red headed woodpecker, deer, squirrels, and even bears!! We learned our lesson about putting up any food/coolers at night…we have the teeth marks in a cooler as a keepsake!

Fall fun

Trip taken Nov 2018. Our first trip with our son who was 5 weeks and still sleep and easy. We love this park. We planned ahead and got two good spots with our friends. We braved the cold for a short hike one day and also visited the lake where we tried to feed the ducks. This park is easy to get around, had clean restrooms, and beautiful scenery. Site specific reservations really make it easy too.

Breathtaking

This is an absolutely gorgeous park. As the gateway to the Appalachian Trail, the hiking and views here are incredible.

Always amazing

Cloudland Canyon is my family’s top destination for our autumn camping experience. Between the rock cliffs, amazing overlooks, beautiful waterfalls and great hiking trails… Cloudland Canyon really has it all! Definitely worth a trip if you have never been there!

Pretty

Great place to do some exploring

Incredible stay!

Just w shirt weekend trip with some friends and we thought we'd do something different so we rented the yurts. It was amazing!

Quiet, clean, beautiful and secure

Peaceful setting, very clean. Shower house is clean and well maintained also has laundry facilities. Hosts are friendly. Has lots of power and water sites as well as tent sites with nice gravel tent pads. Some sites do not have grills. The TV pads are all paved and mostly level. There is a swimming beach, no lifeguard. Pets are allowed with the common rules. Lots of shade.

Decent

It's a decent place to stay at it could be better if they put some money into it to fix it up

Awesome Lakeside Campground

Spent an entire week here coaching in a PG Tournament. Great campground with everything you need! Beautiful views!!

Awesome Campground on the Lake!

Victoria campground is awesome! Two negatives- 1-could have more restrooms, depending on the site you choose, you could have quite a commute to them. 2.-The gate worker was super intense! Wanted to know every detail of everyone in our party, and my husband came late and I have to give notice for him to join us ( the campground is gated) Now the positives- It’s right on beautiful lake Allatoona! And you have access to the lake everywhere! The sites are very large, and everyone I saw had lots of privacy! Restrooms are large and clean! I hope to have a chance to return to Victoria!

Highest waterfall in Georgia

Very small campground, most sites were not level. There is water and electric, and a dump station. The Appalachian Trail approach trail starts here. The waterfall is pretty, with lots of views over the Smokeys. Ferns are everywhere.

Peaceful and serene

This campground was much smaller than I thought it would be for an attraction as big as the falls and Appalachian Approach Trail, but it was lovely.  The outer sites offered plenty of privacy and shade.  Lots of cute little snails moseying along. The campsite is close enough to walk to the lodge to have a meal, but don't plan on supper at the lodge on Mother's Day.  They apparently closed the restaurant down early.  The staff was super sweet though and gave us a boxed lunch.  After a peaceful night of rest at the campsite, we drove down to the visitor center and began the Appalachian Approach Trail.  The waterfall view was great at midpoint, especially since it had just rained.  It was 8.5 miles to Springer Mountain with lots of friendly people to chat with along the way.  There were plenty of places to stop for a rest or to camp overnight.  We decided to hike all 17 miles in one day and it was tough.  Overall it's a beautiful place and we would definitely stay here again.

Breathe taking

Beautiful place, very peaceful and clean