Rodney Village, DELAWARE

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Rodney Village Camping Reviews
Pleasant, quiet but small campground

I stayed here as a first trip for my new Class C RV, as a shakedown trip for the rig. The campground is quiet, well-kept, and relatively clean. There were quite a few dog droppings around the pond despite plenty of doggie bags available. I don't know why people with small dogs don't feel that they need to clean up after them. Anyway, the showers were clean with some nice hot water but very small and difficult to change in. The entire park itself is fairly small as well. The staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful. I have no small children but there is a playground and the bouncy thing that I've seen in some parks. The hookups were fine, cable was good, wifi was fairly fast but was prone to disconnects. Lots of shopping nearby, fortunately for me because I had to run to Home Depot for a quick repair item. All-in-all, a good experience.

Great place.

Very friendly staff and always willing to go the extra mile. Bathrooms are clean, a number of activities are always scheduled. A short drive to the Wildwood or Cape May beach. I love Beachcomber.

Family tradition

My wife’s family has been camping here for 30+ years. So it’s a must for us every year. It’s a nice campground that has been investing in upgrades over the last few years. A few years ago they added a pirate themed splash pad by the pool and last year they unveiled a brand new mini golf course. Bathhouses are very clean and updated. They have a Great swimming Lake with a huge sandy beach.

Loved it!

Friendly staff. Nice bathroom and shower facilities.

Went in the blazing heat of the summer. Mosquitoes and other insects well controlled in camping area and near nature center. Eaten alive by critters on back side of trail.

First camping trip

Went camping for the first time in for ever

Very Friendly

My husband and I stayed for a week in one of the glamping tents. The staff was very friendly and the tents were more glamorous than we had tried before, but definitely had a good combination of woodsy and comfort. The only thing we didn't really like was that there are A LOT of RV sites, and it's kind of a bummer to just stare at a bunch of RVs lol also next time we will look for somewhere with opportunities for hiking and various activities. This campground has a playground, so good for kids, but not so much an all adults stay.

Great experince

It was very clean, well maintained, trails were beautiful

Absolutely love this place

It’s super close to home and I love the small feel to it. People keep to themselves and you feel kinda like your by yourself even though the park is usually full. Which I love.

Close to Philadelphia

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family In Philadelphia. It is a 20 minute ride into Philly and Uber was was quick and responsive.

*note- this does close for winter and reopens in April but call park for exact closure dates because they do change.

This is a nice KOA with full hook ups, tent sites,cabins, and even glamping cabins. There is a pool that is open Memorial Day- Labor Day. They also have a catch and release pond and we found a pickleball court at a nearby city park.

We did Chinatown and walked part of the Schuylkill River trail which we accessed by parking near Fairmount Park. This is a great area to explore with gorgeous views and easy access to the River trail. (There are rentals for everything here- kayaks/bikes etc)

IF we had a car with us- we would have considered taking the ferry from Camden’s Ferry Terminal next to Wiggins Park to Philly. (This is also near the Adventure Aquarium and the battleship New Jersey) Here is a link to information about the ferry-

This is a great location for exploring Philadelphia.

Happy Camping! Pamela and Keith

Nice family campground

We stayed here for two nights during a three day trip to Rehoboth beach. Very reasonably priced and had a lot for the kids to do. It’s a short drive to the beach and close to the major road with all the restaurants and stores. Pool and bathrooms were well maintained. I would stay here again if in the area.