Camping in Saint Vrains

600 Reviews of 80 Saint Vrains, Colorado Campgrounds

Bill M.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

CO state park camping

We loved Rev Ridge and Golden Gate canyon SP. Numerous hiking trails. Excellent facilities. Accommodating campground hosts. Nederland, Blackhawk, Boulder CO. Stayed on 46, 56, and 51 during a 5 nite stay. Great sites. All pull thrus.

• site 46
  • site 46
  • hiking
e
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

beautiful location!

I loved the night I spent here! I stayed in one of the first 5 sites I saw, and only maybe 20 feet away was an amazing view of the mountains.

It's about 50 minutes from Boulder, and you lose service about 40 minutes out, so it's great if you plan on staying for a least a couple days. I had no…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Rude camp host

Camp host didn’t correctly label the site and completely freaked out on us yelling.

t
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

Peaceful!

First of all, I was greeted by 4 mule deer as soon as I pulled into my campsite, so that was cool. I’ve been traveling solo with my dog, and this place was just the peace and quiet that I was looking for. Friendly hosts, bear boxes for storage, clean bathrooms, enough space between tents, and…

SiteM66
Jesse K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Currently closed

Unfortunately this campground is closed due to the fires that happened near by in 2020. There was no real. Damage to the campground itself from the looks of it. Talked to someone at forest service in September 2021 and they are unsure if and when it may reopen.

Siteopen
J
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Busy but beautiful

Relatively crowded campground but the sites were nicely spaced. Nice bathrooms. We overpaid for the site and the camp manager came and gave us our extra back almost immediately. Firewood for sale.

Natalie G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Beautiful, Peaceful Location

I absolutely loved it here! Very quiet and lots of wildlife to watch. B213 has direct line of sight to Moraine Park so if you want to watch the rut, that's the site to reserve!

SiteB213
Kurtis K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

🤷‍♂️

Nice mountain spots but very busy

Sandra C.
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

What a Lake!

Fantastic sunrise in a lake!

Site007 Loop A
Whitney L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

decent free camping near Boulder

All in all its a decent* place near Boulder to camp for free and is mostly easy to get to. There are 15 spots that, when we arrived on pre-Labor day Friday afternoon, were almost all taken, no surprise. We saw 1 spot available - site 12 I believe - that we could have taken but decided to kept…

• September 4, 2021 at 5:51:23 AM, Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests Pawnee National Grassland, Boulder, Eastern Rockies Corridor, US
  • Five miles north of Nederland, National Forest System Road (NFSR) 226, commonly known as Gordon Gulch, turns east off of Colorado Highway 72. NFSR 226 intersects other forest roads: NFSR 314, 228, 233 and their off-shoots. There are 15 numbered, designated campsites scattered along the road system within 1.5 miles east of Highway 72. Camping is permitted in designated sites only. https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/arp/recarea/?recid=28272
  • Drive to Gordon Gulch through Boulder Canyon was gorgeous through ‎⁨Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests Pawnee National Grassland⁩, ⁨Nederland⁩, ⁨Eastern Rockies Corridor⁩, ⁨United States⁩
Danica L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Clean and great location

This had to be the cleanest campground that I had ever been to. The host was amazing, very nice and had the cleanest outhouse toilet I've encountered!

Great 9 mile hike down Hells Hole Trail, with picnic spots and a creek to filter water from. At the end of the road so pretty quiet as far as…

Ryan L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

First experince at NPS campground

First experience with a national park campground. We were there at a time they were implementing reduced capacity, but that had nothing to do with social distancing. We had two tents and it was a chore to make sure they fit into the assigned area. It had lots of bathrooms and never had to wait to…

• C68 campsite
  • C68 campsite
SiteC68
Ixchel G.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Convenient

I love that this app has a lot of information and is super convenient perfect for on the go.

SiteBear Creek Lake Park
mike S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Ok

Site is beautiful

Daniel L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Nice Park

we stayed 2 nights it is a nice rv park close to estes park and loveland nice towns and a lot to do