The best BOAT IN camping near
Capulin , COLORADO

Most Recent Capulin Camping Reviews
Beautiful views of the river!

Pulled in around 4pm on a Saturday and only 1 other camper was here. A few vehicles were parked at the bathroom/trailhead, super friendly. There’s about 3-4 spots with picnic tables then at least 10 other spots with rock ring fire pits but no tables. There is 1 clean vault toilet, but no TP so bring your own. 1-2 bars LTE AT&T service available near bathroom but gets worse the further you go away from it. The views of the river are beautiful as well as the sunrise. It’s a bumpy 3 mile road off the highway, had no issues in my transit van as long as you take it slow.

Lots of space!

Very secluded! Even when full I imagine the spots are far enough apart. If the spots are full keep going down the road! Plenty of dispersed camping! We’ll be back! Beautiful scenery!

South Fork/Creede

Beautiful location on the Rio Grande River. 12 spots, 26$ per night. Flat parking lots for fishing and overflow parking.

The entire area is a paradise

It’s a hidden gem of this part of Colorado. This campground has a loop by the Coñejos River and that is where we stayed. Campsite was big and they are nicely spread out. Didn’t see the host much but they campground is kept well. No cell signal. We really enjoyed our 4 nights there but with the shaded spot we got getting consistent solar charge was a challenge. Either way, we will come back next year.

Beautiful great fishing

We camped at our property a few miles from here but came here to fish and it was amazing great trout fishing and beautiful views.

Rollin on the River

Spots right on the river are pure bliss.  Full hookups and the sound of the Rio Grande to lull you to sleep.  How great is that?

Full hookups were great.  Owners were fantastic and friendly.

The town of South Fork is very small but you can get groceries and gas.  South Fork is on the East side of Wolf Creek Pass, which is a beautiful, steep, drive.  The best part about the area is the ample amount of fishing.  This area is an anglers dream, reservoirs in every corner of the map with the Rio Grande at your fingertips.  Fishing dreams made!

Campground spots were well positioned but a tiny bit close.  I would highly recommend any of the ones on the river, you have plenty of space to spread out between the picnic table, fire ring and grassy area by the river's edge.

Love the location.

This is my type of park. Located in a beautiful valley giving away to peaceful nights. At an altitude of 8100 feet I enjoyed pleasant days 76° and cool night 56°. Pet friendly park with WiFi and good Verizon cell service. Restrooms are still closed due to Covid 19. Took a day trip to Great Sand Dunes. Pass Port American card got me 50% off one night.

Pretty nice little campground.

Very small campground but sites are not right on top of each other. Being that you are at 9500 ft voice's do carry so that is one drawback. I will continue to come here as it is so very pretty!!

Hidden Gem

Great campground all around. The Reservoir has some of the best fishing we have found. We caught our bag limit every time we fished. The campground is nicely treed and the spaces are more private than most. The vault toilets are the cleanest and nicest I have ever seen! Be advised that if you are in an RV, you must bring your own water. There are no water hook ups, only to fill containers. There is trash service, but no electric or dump station. There is a really nice trail around the lake.

Fantastic vacation

I couldn't ask for a better place to go visit! Right off the bat, the scenery is phenomenal. It's everything we wanted in a Colorado vacation. The mountains were spectacular. The water was cold and clear. It was perfect. To start, we stayed in site 38. It's pretty far back off the water, but it feels so cozy and private. It's a level site that works for a shorter trailer or popup. It's close to the drinking water and bathrooms.

Let's talk bathrooms for a second. I was nervous having never used a vault toilet. The camp host does an excellent job of cleaning! I was pleasantly surprised. There was air freshener so it wasn't smelly at all.

As far as activities go, there's a short hike to a waterfall that's easily accessible to the base. If you're feeling adventurous, it's fairly easy to climb up to the top. So fun! My 8 year old LOVED this and begged to go back. There's also a two mile trail around the the reservoir. We didn't walk the trail because we ran out of time, but our campground neighbors did, and they enjoyed the views. As well, on a clear night, you can see so many stars. It was cold at night, but well worth bundling up to watch the sunset and check out the night sky. Star gazers, this will be right up your alley.

If you're looking for additional activities in the area, we visited Treasure Falls and Lobo Overlook. Both were a short drive, and easily done with kids.

Overall, this was such a great trip.

(For interested parties, there was limited cell service with AT&T and T-Mobile)