Camping in Bakersfield

11 Reviews of 2 Bakersfield Campgrounds

D
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2022

Huge campsites

50 huge campsites with lots of trees for shade. Many river side sites. No hook ups, but there is a dump station and several water spigots. Been coming here for years. Only a few miles to town. A short walk to lake Ming and Kern River golf course

Month of VisitJanuary

Month of VisitNovember
Shugie S.
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Surprised

Loved it! Me n the kids wanna camp again!

Sitecheep side 😂
Month of VisitOctober
Jennifer O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Great place for the night

Took a chance and found a spot last minute, right on the water. It was on gravel without shade but it didn't really matter because we were just crashing for the night. Beautiful, warm summer night, very friendly staff. People do like their jet skis there so if that bothers you then maybe find…

• Play button icon
SitePK 15
Mike J.
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Great place dangerous river

We camp here every year. Usually late shooting to early summer. Camp grounds are well maintained. Would not recommend camping on holidays. Close to 2 lakes ming and hart Park.

Gabby T.
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2020

Family friendly

It’s my second camping trip and I was happy to say this place made me feel safe .  Family friendly clean it was great.

C
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2019

Yearly camp

My family comes here every year. Staff around the area really friendly. The people that runs the desk they don’t seem so friendly but they try I guess. You will see them only one time on your stay so don’t let that big you. Awesome place to camp for sure.

Elmer C.
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2018

Aquarius!

The lake once had an unsafe amount or human feces

Danielle L.
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2018

This place was so much fun

This camp was great! I'm glad to know that they don't have the blue green algae the is very toxic to children and animals. Makes it nice to know that I can take my pets with me to the lake so that way they can have fun to. We brought our RV and we pulled in very late at night. But it worked out…

David D.
Reviewed May. 7, 2018

Day use only

Just an FYI - this is a day use only park. No camping allowed here.