The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Tonto Village , ARIZONA

Camping Arizona Tonto Village Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Tonto Village Camping Reviews
Desert camping

There is many different pull through spots off this road. Pack it in and pack it out. Many different wildlife animals out. Great views.

Great place!

Great place! Hosts were friendly and very helpful!

Large Sites - Really Dusty

I camped here with my two dogs at the end September. I wanted to get a spot on the rim but it was full. Actually everything was really full. I'm glad I came up on a Friday afternoon otherwise I'm not sure where I wouldn't have gotten a site. The sites are large and fairly wooded. But super dusty. I planned on staying 3 nights but on Sunday afternoon almost everyone was gone. I couldn't see another camper from my site. Then a bit before dusk some guy stopped by to ask me for an air pump. Being a single woman (but with two dogs) it made me uncomfortable. Better safe than sorry. Packed it up and went home to take a much needed shower. It's a great location for visit the local lakes. I went to both Bear and Knoll lake in my Prius. (-:

One of our best sites yet.

camping in a 2 man tent, traveling in a raised 2WD. We took the dirt road to the end looking for a nice secluded spot, we passed a handful of sites for both rvs and tent. We found a small site in a dried out run off area past the second cattle guard.

We ventured down as far as we could go and carried our tent the remaining 20 or so meters.

Lots of dried wood around for kindling, enough stones to make a fire ring.

The sunrise and sunset here were spectacular, the lake provides an awesome blue.

Wonderful experience

We went over Thanksgiving and had a splendid time. The staff is super nice and awesome. There was so much to do from mini golf, painting classes, live music, dinners, karaoke, and free breakfast 3 days a week, hot tub and heated piol. There are lots of trees and it’s a great park to walk around. At the back you have the River you can walk around and you are surrounded with mountain views. Very dog friendly and they even have a dog park, and “office” dog. I would rebook here again we had such a lovely experience.

Thanksgiving on the Rim

Luckily, we found an open spot on the Rim arriving on Thanksgiving day. Several open spots on the other side of the road. Chilly weather with some snow flurries overnight. The spots face west and make for some awesome sunset memories. Be careful at night on the Rim side for sure! I can imagine this is impossible in the summer because it's just so cool.

Good place to camp

Good location, down side is you might have to deal with a few that can’t live life without being unplugged. So there with be a few generators you’ll hear running early hours or late hours 0600-2200 are the hours for generator permitted use. You will run across the occasional rule breaker that will manage to running the whole time during there stay. Out side of that it’s Great place to take a walk and taking nature or go fishing.

Quiet spacious

These spots are fairly large and allow for some large rigs and is located right on the edge of town. No hook ups though but you can fill your tanks on site.

Convenient but loud and cramped

This spot really is nice. It’s right in town so if you need anything it’s walking distance full hookups and room for some pretty large rigs. Since you are in town you can hear the traffic and the spots are packed pretty close to each other

Nice pulloff

FSR 121 came in handy when all the spots at the more highly reviewed 689 were taken, at least what we could comfortably see from the road when we pulled in at night. Went back to main road and headed across to 121. A pullout right behind signs on left side at the start of 121 was flat and decent for a last minute night spot. A bit of traffic from what we assume were people like us, trying to find a good spot after dark, but otherwise fine for a quick RV/van spot.