Camping in South Tucson

20 Reviews of 12 South Tucson Campgrounds

Nicole J.
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2021

Amazing campground!

Exceeded expectations!! A moderate 4.6 mile hike after 16 miles on a dirt road. The hike up is BEAUTIFUL and not overly steep (but watch for snakes). The campground was great. We were the only ones there and used site 3. It was very secluded and had a nice big bear box and a nice fire ring. I would…

Month of VisitJanuary
A
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

Great Place to Stay

There is a good mix of long term residents and travelers here. Good, clean safe place to stay with our son and two dogs. My son LOVED the swimming pool. Not a fancy resort, but a very kind, homey environment. I would stay here again.

Month of VisitDecember
L
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2021

Would definitely return

I came here maybe 4 yrs ago. I wasn’t a big hiker but I was young and in good shape. It was so hot and the trail was a little confusing at times. Not many people so if you’re looking for some good exercise and solitude this is for you. Passed a couple on the way up and only one other camp site…

Sitehappy camper
Norrie W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Very quiet

Level gravel sites and pleasant oleander trees throughout the area. Sites are clean. Laundry, showers and bathrooms are clean. Nice big pool. They also sell propane.

Norrie W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Clean no frills

We like this park good value for the money. They have propane as well.

• fairly nice landscaping
  • adequate spacing
  • oleander bushes all through the park
Candy P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Perfect tent camping spot

This sky island campground in Mt Lemmon is perfect for a quick weekend getaway from Tucson. The weather here is 10-15 degrees cooler than the city. This campground is small, with tent sites tucked away between pine trees. A vaulted bathroom is at the center of the parking lot.

Tanner H.
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

PERMANENTLY CLOSED

This group of campsites was open on and off weather permitting. It is now permanently closed.

Tanner H.
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

Beautiful Creek Certain Times of the Month

Open only during the late fall, winter, and early spring. Can get crowded. Nearby is the Molino creek which flows only immediately after heavy rainfall or snow.

Katie G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2021

Very cool!

Lovely little campground! Tough hike in and down is....fun!

Kathy H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2021

Crowded but Quiet

The sites are very close together. It is in a residential area so that makes for some dog barking from the outside neighborhood. We stayed only one night and it was good for that one night. The site we had was not very level. Wifi is good.

Nicholas Y.
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2021

A good little spot

Ive been here since November 4th 2019 the laundry room has been updated with mew machines the shower house is great there's always hot seater staff is helpful and the pool is heated they do have activities during the winter time a red hall but its not open due to covid there's a park dollar…

Keisha D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2020

Amazing

This is our new home for the next two years! Visited a few RV Parks in Tucson after accepting a job at the VA here and I must say we feel in love when we stayed here! The staff is friendly, the facilities are clean, and the long term residents are welcoming.

Kara C.
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2020

Convenient

This park is located right off of I-10. We stayed monthly. (June-September) We were in a covered (Under the solar panels in the back) spot and we pay roughly $900 a month. Which I think is a little high but it’s so worth it for the summer. The office people are super nice and accommodating. The…

Josie G.
Reviewed May. 4, 2020

Basic and messy

I have stayed there multiple times, and every time that i have people bring their dogs to run in the woods. No leashes and no poop bags. i have had to clean up stranger's dog poop in front of my tent.

SiteI have stayed at different sites