Camping in Boydtown

116 Reviews of 21 Boydtown, Wisconsin Campgrounds

M
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Good place to rest

A small shallow lake, very quiet small campground. No big town around but nice country.

Mike H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

a gem overlooking the Missisippi!

Wow - well done, Wisconsin. What a beautiful park to pull into after a long day of driving. Lovely drive in to the park and then to pull up to an immaculate campsite was a treat. Fireflies emerged as we began to setup camp and we watched the sunset over the Missippi before calling it a night. Great…

Neal A.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

clean and peaceful with nice beach

strong swimmers can cross the lake and hike back on a trail, nice bluffs across the lake to hike, clean beach with concession stand

T
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Excellent Park

This is one of the best RV parks we have stayed in awhile. Meticulously maintain with good size, level sites. We had a 50amp water site and the dump station was nearby. This county park is very nice and sits in a very quiet valley. A true gem….

H
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

I love sidie hollow!

Beautiful campground right by a stream that empties into a huge lake. You can trout fish, kayak, and hike. Not too far from town

Charles M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Scouting Trip

We only spent a night at the resort (actually slept in the cave). One thing to know for sure, bring a tarp or tent to cover yourself. We went in March, so with all the runoff from the snow ir was a very wet experience.

I’ve been here twice as a scout so it was a lot of fun to return as an adult…

Sitein the cave,
L
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Beautiful River

Stop here on a whim. Loved the view of the the Mississippi River. But, the trains going by during the night was a bit annoying. Though, would not stop me from camping here again.

• Mighty Mississippi
Sara H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Beautiful Park

The park is beautiful, the campsites are very nice. There’s lots to do including swimming and kayaking on the lake. The only downside for us was that it was very loud due to it being a holiday weekend filled with families and kids. So it’s not the most quiet place but it is quite lovely. Sites 21,…

SiteCox Hollow, Site 20
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

A nice surprise in NE Iowa

This was a quick stopover so I can't comment on the park overall.  It is nestled in the woods not far from the Indian Mounds area in Iowa.  I stayed at Little Paint Campground.  There are pit toilets, but the water said not for drinking.  A small river runs by the camp.  The park has hiking and…

• Little Paint Campground
  • Disability access for fishing
  • Foot bridge and river ford
Site#85
Jeannie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Camping in a valley

This is a beautiful campground seated in a valley surrounded by amazing hills. There is minimal phone service. That means you get to absorb nature.

• Paint Creek Overlook
  • Overlook part of the many trails.
  • our campsite 124
Jeannie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Beautiful Park

Many different trails for hiking, biking or equestrian. Camp sites are mostly grass. Beautiful park

• Paint Creek Overlook.
Amber C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Beautiful views and peaceful camping!

Beautiful, spacious, and quiet camping and state park. The hiking is awesome! We hiked the Bluff Trail which has lots of hills and steepness, skinny trail with some drop offs but it was fun! My daughter was a little nervous during the hike but I felt safe so nothing to worry about. Just take…

• The Keyhole heading towards Treasure Cave
  • Wisconsin river merging into Mississippi river
  • Bluff Trail
J D.
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Perfect location in the Driftless

Nice campground, beautiful stream runs through it. Mountains, valleys, just gorgeous. Clean bathrooms with hot water. Shed with dry wood for purchase. Electricity, potable water connections, sewer.

• and a river runs through it ...
Maddi Q.
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Twas cold

We decided to camp here last minute, booked online and saved a few bucks! There’s some neat camp spots in a grassy area for tents and some electric hook ups. I think there were showers here too! I enjoyed the evening here!

Sitebackcountry