Fires Unknown
Water Unknown
About Governor Dodge State Park - Twin Valley
Governor Dodge State Park - Twin Valley is located in Wisconsin
5 Reviews of Governor Dodge State Park - Twin Valley
Beautiful walk-in campsite, great trails

I stayed here for two nights in September. Site 271 was just enough of a walk to feel remote but not so far that I couldn't carry all my stuff. I did have to walk quite close to one of the other walk-in campsites when going to my car, however, so know that if there are other people in the sites nearby, you will see them. The sites close to the road are not private at all. Water is available at drinking fountains/spigots around the campsite. One I tried had barely a trickle but the other one had plenty of water pressure. The bathhouse was fairly clean and had hot showers, which was great after a 10-mile hike one day. I hammock camp, so getting a site with good trees for hammocking is important to me. I appreciated the preview photos on the state's reservation system. The site I picked had lots of great options for hammock hanging!

The trails at Governor Dodge are amazing. I left on foot from my campsite and hiked the Meadow Valley, Lost Canyon, Stephens Falls and Goldmine trails. Lost Canyon was BEAUTIFUL and had so many interesting geographical features. The trails behind the hike-in campsites also lead to some cliffs with some really amazing views.

Well wooded and spacious sites.

This is a state park so amenities are electric and the campgrounds do have public showers.  Great little lakes for canoe, paddle board, kayak and fishing.  A small concession is available and they do sell wood at the entrance.

Gov Dodge is as beautiful as they get

There are tons of trails, two beautiful beaches and an incredible waterfall. Some paths are paved for those who struggle with uneven terrain. There are bald eagles all over and plenty of fish. This is a carry in carry out park, so be prepared to take your trash with you.

Great camping with hiking oppurtunities

My friends and I camp here often as it is close to Madison, yet far enough away to be more secluded. The sites are are better than some of the state park sites with tent sites offering more privacy than the electric ones. There is plenty of hiking trails around the park with some great rock formations to explore. There is also swimming areas, concessions and a very helpful staff.

Great Campground in Wisconsin

Great state park for a family camping vacation, tons of stuff to do. Lakes, trails, kayaking, boating, paddle boarding, fishing. Hidden gem of Wisconsin. The campsites are pretty private, nestled in trees. Some shaded, some have sun and shade. They even have horse sites, so you can bring your horse, and stroll through the park horseback riding. Vault toilets, and regular toilets with ok showers. Water faucets scattered around for easy water access. Twin Valley has tent sites and RV/electric sites.