Warden, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Warden Camping Reviews
Owner was rude and dishonest

I called early in the morning to make a reservation. Spoke to a lady. She confirmed an open camping/tent spot for my family & me on the lake with tree cover. Had a hard time finding the place with the directions she gave me. So I called back and spoke to a man this time. Thought I had called the wrong place at first. He confirmed his location, and lake front tent camping spot. We arrived 30min after the call. This campground is clearly not on the lake. The man was very impatient with me. Kept telling me we could camp here but was not going to argue with me. I never argued with the man, never got upset, just extremely confused. He kept demanding my contact & card info. I told him I’d like to see where he was going to put us before I gave him my info. Told him I was out front of the office and he refused to come out side. Then told me he did not have time for this so I said good buy and ended the call.

Wether I mixed up the campgrounds or not. The owner/ office guy at Sunny Spring Resort was a big dick and a lier. My family and I drive 4 hours to came here.

Great small town

This is a nice, clean park. Has tent sites, back ins, pull thrus, and has bathrooms and a laundry room onsite. Sometimes you can hear the freeway traffic but not bad. The host are super friendly and amazing. The people who live here year round are also nice.

Very cool state park

Very cool state park in the middle of the Wanapum Recreational area and on the shores of Wanapum Lake/Columbia River. Two camping loops, one on a bluff overlooking the river with pretty views (the loop you want to be on) and the other further away from the water..

The landscape is really gorgeous and colorful. The park has a very large boat launch area with day use facilities available. You’re also a very short drive from the Ginko Petrified Forest, interpretive center, and rock shop, all of which are super fun for rock-hounders.

The Ginko Petrified forest has amazing views alongside an interpretive center with cool rock formations and ancient petroglyphs. The rock shop is super funky with cheesy dinosaur statues out front.

This place is awesome.

Really easy straight on hike. It is definitely dusty but a really nice change of pace from the trees and mountains. Several waterfalls that you can get super close to. We have not camped there yet but it looked super fun.

Camp on the "Canyon" Edge

Just off I90 in Eastern WA at Vantage. This is primarily a rock climbers base camp, but also serves well for a great overnight stop where you can camp right on the edge of the canyon, get in some nice vista views,& a short hike to a"falls". You will share this spot with other campers, busy even in winter. One note about access, the entrance to this camping area has some pitch to it. Better suited for high clearance vehicles, and brave souls in truck campers……

Great spot to relax and soak up the sun!

Very nice, clean and well maintained campground. The grass and landscaping is immaculate. The sites are large and spread out. There are only a few select spots with partial shade. This campground is a great spot to relax, soak up the sun or watch a set of A-18 Fighter Jets fly through the valley while training.

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Great location with awesome views of the Columbia River Valley

Great location with awesome views of the Columbia River Valley. Well maintained grounds and amenities for a Thousand Trails campground. Awesome and accommodating staff.  There is a walking path that you can access easily from the campground that goes to the end of Crescent Bar.

Great campgrounds and great management.

Beautiful campgrounds with pool, gym and clubhouse

near Palouse falls

This site was cool, ran by us army corps. 24 sites that are free, first come first serve. There was a boat launch as well as a day use area with a bathroom. On the other side of the park there were the camp sites with picnic tables at each spot. Fires were not allowed while we were there. There was postage stating watch out for rattle snakes but we did not see any. The fishing must have been good as a lot of people were out on the water. We enjoyed a beautiful sunset here before going to bed.

Deluxe Park

OK, I need to be clear this is not really “camping” camping but more like glamping. This RV park is the best maintained park I have ever seen. The lots are not real big, but the landscaping is pristine ( think golf course) and overall the park is meticulously maintained. There is a really nice pool and hot tub, laundry room, showers, and a very nicely stocked store that includes hot food available. (Though we did not take advantage of that). Most of the sites here are taken up by permanent/long-term residents but there is no sense that they are junkie or like some parks like this end up looking, and there are plenty of short term/camper spots. We stayed here two nights visiting relatives who live here permanently.