Venersborg, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Venersborg Camping Reviews
Beautiful!

This campground gets really crowded from the day use/dam side of the lake. Great for tent camping/swimming. The lake actually gets pretty warm starting in August.

Free and Secluded

This dispersed camping is free, huge bonus in my book. While searching for our perfect spot we did come across a few large parties, making us apprehensive that we would experience our ideal peaceful experience, but we were wrong to be. There were dozens of open sites that we had our pick of. A handful of cars drove by throughout the evening and night, but not an outrageous amount. Pretty dang good for very accessible NF camping spots. There are a good deal of trailheads near by, meaning you're never too far from a pit toilet or a bulletin board with information.

We visited in early September and found the weather to be very pleasant. Our view of Mt. St Helen's was obscured by the tall trees that offered our site seclusion and privacy, but we relished the view of the active volcano while driving to and from our site.

Love this campsite! Only downside is water is difficult to access

I love this site, it's never crowded! Been here 3 times and it's only ever half filled. Only downside is only being able to access the river by the site that is furthest East. We were able to go down this way since there was no one camping there. Sites are a little crammed, if you have a direct neighbor, they might be kind of close.

HIKER/BIKER Site

I was so excited to find a camping spot that was close enough to bike to. The hiker/biker sites are first come first serve, which was a little nerve wrecking.. We went late April though, to better our chances of finding a spot. We did and there was only one other person there. Though the way the site is set up… there's only one table and one firepit. So you have to be willing to talk to people. Unfortunately, we did not enjoy having to converse with a random man all night…..

I love this place!

Right on the water, and hiking and beautiful greenery. My pup and I came up last June before the holiday rush. We had the best time I've ever had on a trip! The lovely couple that host were so great and attentive. Will be returning!!

Float Trip

One of my favorite things to do when the weather warms up is to float. I enjoy the Clackamas River. We sometimes start at Barton Park after lunch. It's lovely all around! Clean and lots of space.

Riverside Beaut

Stayed here a couple times, and I’m sure I’ll be back again. We‘ve snagged “Oak” campsite both times we stayed here, and I can’t imagine a better spot. Super private, sits 10 feet below the campground road so you feel hidden. It’s also huge, and it has its own little trail that leads you down to the river. Sites have picnic tables and fire rings with a built-in cooking/grill spot. I’m not an RVer, but I saw there were water/utility hookups available, as well as garbage dumps. Highly recommended campground for people in the Hood River area.

Great for our big group!

We stay every year in May when when do our annual St. Helens climb. Nice bathrooms with wonderful shower, which we love after the climb. Close to a great restaurant, a bar, a gas station, trails, Yale lake, etc. The new owners are super friends and have done a lot of work on the property to add more sites. I always enjoy my stay there.

Very nice roadside camping spot.

Be prepared for the semi trucks waking you up! So loud! I got a large spot by the stream/river which was very nice and calm. Bugs were not bad.

Wonderful

We went during the week because the weekends are too insanely busy. Loved our walk-in camp spot, had a fabulous time. Our site had easy access to the lake. Vault toilets were very clean. Good hikes nearby. Lots of people enjoying the lake.