About Sequim Bay State Park
No Market
Sequim Bay State Park is located in Washington
15 Reviews of Sequim Bay State Park
Sheltered from wind

We drove in from Montana on our way south down 101. This site was great for our truck camper. The key is getting a site that is further down the hill. The sites down the hill are further away from the road noise and provide a great view of the bay. Toilets and showers were all clean.

Great park !

We stopped for lunch and decided to stay the night because it was so nice. Super clean bathrooms. The showers required tokens. Each token was $0.50 for 3 minutes. The check in office had a herb garden that was available for campers to enjoy use of. Our only complaint was that there were heavy equipment delivering construction materials early in the morning.

Ranger Review: Wenzel Tent at Sequim Bay State Park

Campground Review

This campground is a great spot for families wanting to be near the Olympic National Forest. The grounds are on Sequim Bay, with a few sites butting up against the river edge. The Olympic Discovery Trail runs through the campgrounds and is well maintained. For those with boats, there is a lot of moorage space and even space for overnight moorage. This campground has tennis courts, a basketball hoop, and lots of wide open fields. The sites are relatively open, and this is a favorite of families, so if you are looking for a peaceful time you may want to skip this one. There are full hookups and decent showers and bathrooms. You must have a discover pass to get into this park in addition to camp fees. Down the 101 to Dabob bay, there are great spots to go clamming and oyster hunting. On Sequim Bay, the access for boating and kayaking is unbeatable!

Gear Review

I was offered the opportunity to test out the Wenzel Shenanigan 8 teepee tent.

Pros: This is a great front county beginner tent for a family. This tent is huge and very tall! My husband is 6'4" and is able to stand with no issues of hitting his head. There are a lot of vents so the tent does not overheat. In each of the corners, there is a small pocket for personal items. There are three windows for venting and the entire door is able to pull back for screen venting as well. This is a perfect tent for kids.

Cons: The center pole tent is the only pole on the tent. The stakes are the only thing holding the base outward. If you are not camping in an area that has softer ground to stake, this tent will not stay open. The upside down T, for the opening, is difficult to get in and out of. The center tent pole, while making the tent very tall, does not allow for queen size mats or air mattresses. The ground cover fabric does not reach up very high so a tarp is necessary for under.

I was not impressed

Maybe the reason I was not impressed was this was my last night camping on a 10 day vacation, and we stopped here, just because we didn't want to go home. The camp sites were small. Lots of Ada sites, nice hiking trail, bathrooms were well kept, there are coin showers. The water in this part was very red and did not look healthy. We spoke with a park ranger, who seemed to know nothing about the algae blooms, nor did he seem to care. Told us not to worry about it. Well I worried a little. We didn't eat anything we caught. We left to go get some dinner and when we got back we had a woman as a neighbor in the next campsite, who told us that she was about to steal our stuff

Quiet and Convenient

Quiet camping right on the bay. Campground is conveniently located near the town of Sequim. Forest setting with campsites spread out. Clean showers and restrooms. Campground is accessed by the highway or if hiking and biking from the Olympic Discovery Trail (ODT).

Small State Park with Lots of Activities

I was lucky to snag the last available site on the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend and what a great site it was! I was on the edge of the campground with views of the water. Sequim Bay State Park is a fairly small park with lots of sites and recreational areas. There are basketball courts, a ball field, swings, and a horseshoe pit. There are also hiking trails and a bike path that run right through the park. The bike path can take you all the way to Port Angeles. It's a quick, easy drive to the town of Sequim and Port Townsend is also easily accessible. There is also water access (although it's a little too cold for swimming) if you are arriving by boat. The bathrooms have running water and showers (that require tokens). If you are visiting for the day you need a Discover Pass but camping fees cover that if you are spending the night. It's a little bit pricey to stay here ($48 for an online reservation).

Into the woods

I was tent camping, ao it was a little anoying to pay for the showers, but at least they had some!

Its a nice campground at the bay. Great place to explore part of the peninsula.

Camping In Style

Now I’m not one to camp in an RV but I honestly can say if I was going to sissy-camp with an RV it would be at Sequim Bay.

They have a beautiful facility with many public restrooms and showers, RV hookups for both power and water, and easy to park lots. They also offer tent camping lots if that would be a preferred route.

It’s a quick jaunt to the shoreline, either from conventional trails or a bit off the path if that’s what you like (which, obviously, I do!) and has a boat launch and docking space for public access. Fishing and shellfish harvesting is legal while in season and I gotta say the beaches really pulled through as we harvested our own meals for the entire trip!

We decided to go a bit too early for swimming, being only May, but we still managed to get some kids to try our floaters in the Bay. They came back frozen but happy, and the adults were glad for a bit of silence, I’m sure.

overall a great place to have a late Springtime adventure!

overnighter

good visit. It was an impromptu weekend away. Arrived late and easily found an open spot. Up in the woods under the mossy canopy and a quick walk to the water.