About Seattle/Tacoma KOA

Camp along the Green River just minutes from downtown Seattle.

Camp just minutes from downtown Seattle at the Seattle/Tacoma KOA. Sign on with a guided tour from the campground to enjoy the extraordinary array of Seattle sights and flavors, including Pike's Place Market, Puget Sound, the Space Needle and the Seattle Seahawks' home at CenturyLink Field. Wake up to a hot breakfast served up at the campground, then jog or bike along KOA's paved route that connects with Seattle's extensive bike and trail system. Public transportation stops are also located nearby to make it easy to hop a bus and see the sights on your own. Bring binoculars to bird-watch at the bird sanctuary next door. The campground offers plenty to keep you busy: a heated pool, fun-bike rentals and summer activities. Whether you want to go to Seattle, Mount Rainier or just hang out at the Seattle/Tacoma KOA, there's something for everyone!

Fee Info
Adults 18+, Kids 12-17, Free 0-11
Price
$40.00 - $70.00
Private
Seattle/Tacoma KOA is located in Washington
Directions
From I-5 Exit 152: East 3 miles. From Hwy 167 Exit 212th St: West 2.5 miles.
8 Reviews of Seattle/Tacoma KOA
Ummmm...

Yes, I hesitated. We have a certain affection for this weird campground. They do try hard. The staff are available, super friendly and eager to be helpful. There is so much here for kids! And the palm trees, what a kick! However our particular site (beware of #15 until they fix it!) had Issues. The grass was torn up (moles?) so it was largely dirt and mud. The neighbor’s septic hole and rock cover (“?!”) (see the pic posted below by Kathy A.! Kathy, am I right? YUCK!) were a few inches from our picnic table! Most frustrating, there was less than zero privacy. All that said, we did have petunias in full bloom to cheer us up! And other nearby sites appeared pristine with gorgeous well-kept grass, trees and flowers, a little bit of space, and a little shade (some with alot!) The major draw, beyond how great a place this is for kids, is that this is one of the very few campgrounds near metro Seattle. That is what we needed and we were grateful for a place to plunk, hot showers, running water, and electricity… Would stay here again, now that I have spied out the sites!  (… Besides, a certain portion of our trailer gear certainly came to us by way of the Amazon distribution center across the street…!)

Not what I was expecting from a KOA

With an Amazon fulfillment center across the street, this is more of an RV Park than a campground. My mind may change tomorrow, but the AC blasting barely drowns out the road noise from 212th. I never lock my trailer doors at a KOA but I feel it’s a necessity here. Maybe the spots further off the road are better but the front row is certainly not top shelf. The gals at the front desk were lovely, but I’m afraid this place has seen better days. Husband says that they are expanding. I sure hope so.

muddy hole

If you just need a place to sleep, then it will do. Set up, do your thing, and move on. They will squeeze you into any corner left - literally.

But to stay, no way. The place is too muddy, the laundry room and showers are little better than free public sites. If you have to be in Seattle there are not many options. That's how they get away with such dingy offerings. They just want your money: charge a lot for sites, hope you will buy something in the boutique, and they do not spend any of it on basic structure (like fixing broken roads)

The bird sanctuary adjacent is also a bug factory. One person claimed 'this is not camping'. That's right. It's a cheap way to travel. And for some migrant workers, a cheaper way to live. The park is full of old RV's, permanently parked.

The staff is annoyed to deal with customers.

If anyone should be able to set up a new RV park, customers would flock to it! They'd leave this dump in a heart beat!!

As my grandma used to say, 'all dressed up with a dirty neck'. In other words, first clean yourself up. The dress nicely. This place dresses up with cute signs - but underneath its falling apart.

Fix the roads and learn that your customers are your best asset. Be happy to greet them and care for them. That is the secret to a long term business.

Noisy!!

This campground was alright to stay in. The highway right next to the KOA was very busy and noisy all night long, bring earplugs. The tent sites were a joke. You get a small square in a grid of 16 or so squares. Our 10x10 tent took up more than half of the tent site. The neighbor’s tent was 4 feet from ours, offering little to no privacy. The WiFi barely worked, but the showers were nice. The back showers are private rooms which are really nice, especially when camping with little ones to keep them contained. There’s no water or electric hookups for tent campers in the little squares, I had to fill my jug up from a hose on the side of the main building. To access the WiFi you have to make an account, which was annoying also.

Enjoyable

Had a fun time during Cotopaxi’s Questival at this KOA!

Outdoor urban camping

Campsites were a little small, but the amenities were good. It didn't feel very outdoorsy. A little too urban for our tastes.

Perfect Questival Campground

As camping as you can be in an urban setting! Some train noise so if your a light sleeper bring some earplugs.

The bathrooms were so clean and warm and the area was decorated for Halloween, it was an adorable place to stay!

Urban Camping

As we turned off the highway, we arrived to spooky Halloween decorations and glowing orbs lighting our path. We encountered cold weather, pleasant neighbors, and difficult bathroom codes. However the bathrooms are clean!