The best GROUP camping near
Twin Peaks Condominium , UTAH

Most Recent Twin Peaks Condominium Camping Reviews
Great winter spot

Short hike in for winter camping, leaving out of Snowbasin Maples Lot. Snowshoes or touring setup will make it easier over just boots, especially as the snowpack deepens. Trail is very popular for winter use and you will likely see or hear other people, but it is quiet at night. Choose campsite carefully and consider avy dangers if relevant, but a generally mild slope in the former campground area.

Full amenities, clean, friendly

I was an off season guest at this RV park in February. I was very impressed by the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the park including the restroom and campsites, and the amenities; market, water, electricity and Wi-Fi.

This is not the campsite you go to to be alone in nature, as there are many large RVs here that appear to be home to permanent residents. That said, it is walking distance to a state park and recreational lake and there is a beautiful running/walking trail along the river directly behind the RV park. The campground also has a pool that obviously was not open during my stay. There is also a playground and pavilion for gatherings. I suspect this is a very popular campground in the summer.

I had work to do the night of my stay and the following morning and I was dazzled by the speed and reliability of the wifi.

This campground has a quirky charm and was perfect for my one night stay on my road trip across country.

Quiet Little Campground

Cute little campground. The RV sites are pretty close together, but there are spaces with shade trees. We went in August 2020 and there were so many bugs. The campground is located right off the main road that takes you to Utah Lake so there can be a lot of traffic going down the road. The facility was clean and the camp staff were friendly and observing COVID-19 mask mandates. Nice place for a night or 2.

Picturesque Landscape

Beautiful island in the middle of the Great Salt Lake. The bison are free grazing all around and a few came right up to our campground in the early morning! There is a ranch on the far side of the island (Fielding Garr Ranch) which is adorable and definitely worth a visit. We went in Oct. 2020 so it was not very busy and it felt like the closest neighbors were pretty distant. There are plenty of hiking trails to choose from with varying skill levels. Absolutely will return!

Isolated in winter

This was a great place to stay for one night on my journey traveling I-80. The coordinates have been updated (originally wrong when I tried to find it)- the map is correct now.

I arrived after dark on Jan 10th. Once I found the entrance (easy now that the location is correct) I couldn’t obviously see flat areas for parking. With some help from my mom who I was on the phone with, she was able to see from daytime satellite photos the easiest spots.

When you enter the camping area, stay to the left on the main road, continue staying left - you will pass 3-4 little ‘roads’. The first site- where I parked- is the first opening to the left. If you venture up to the right, you will end up some extremely steep drives. My Subaru Outback made it up and down one of those but it was a little scary for me.

It was COLD- when I woke up, temp was 19, felt like 12. But in my car I was cozy. There isn’t any privacy from the main road, but very few cars driving by.

Horseshoe Springs is across the street (turn left out of camping area, first turn off on the right- you can see the little pavilion from the road). Was nice to see even in the cold!

Solo woman traveling- it was a little freaky at first but I got used to the solitude there, and felt safe! Beautiful landscape upon waking up!

Lodgepole along Daniel's Creek

We stayed 1 night on our way to DNM. No hookups but a few pull through sites for RVs. We didn't have reservations but found 2 pull through RV sites right away. The rest of the open sites filled up before dark. If it's summer and you're trying to get in without a reservation come as close to check in as possible. In summer of 2020 the bathrooms were closed due to Covid but they had porta potties out (they were clean-ish). We enjoyed jogging the various loops for our morning workout.

Nice In Town Option

An inexpensive stay in town near great places like Silicon Slopes, Thanksgiving Point, Utah Lake, Traverse Mountain and centered between Salt Lake and Provo. This is a nice spot along the Jordan River Parkway. The hosts are a little loony, but they stay out of your way if you follow the rules of the park. There are nice tables, boat launch for non-motorized water crafts, bathrooms, and playgrounds.

Nice Lake Camping

This is some nice lake camping near Strawberry Reservoir. It can get windy at times without much shield from the wind. There are also very few shade trees for hot days in the summer time. The campground is not directly on the water, but it is easy to get across the road to the boat launch area. It is a rocky waterfront so don’t plan on a lot of beach access over here. There are great places to shore fish though.

Group Campsite Only

This is a group campsite that requires prior reservations. It is in a beautiful location and has some nice amenities, but you must reserve first. In the canyon you can also stay at Little Mill, Timpooneke, Dispersed at Salamander Flat, over to Granite Flat, Mt Timpanogos Campground, or a few other dispersed areas along the Cascade Springs Road or up Tibble Fork or Silver Lake Flat.

Loved this place!

We stayed in mid October when the campground is first come first serve. Good thing we got there early in the morning (it was Saturday) because they had just closed an entire loop that significantly reduced the number of sites. We got the last one available but it was a really nice site with a lot of privacy (17). This entire area is very pretty. The fall colors were amazing! Tip: don’t drive to the upper lake, it was mostly dry in the fall and the drive was VERY rough for 3 miles uphill.