Snyderville, UTAH

Camping Utah Snyderville

Most Recent Snyderville Camping Reviews
Great for day trips!

Day camp sites have picnic tables, fire pits, and hiking. Also great for family photos on the bridge

Best of the Uintas!

This is an absolutely amazing place.  Sits in the heart of the Uintas with the perfect view, unfortunately everyone knows its the best and very difficult to find a spot.  Online reservations fill up 6 months in advance, the day they are available and drive ups are tough to find.

Great for OHV

Great for OHV. That’s about it. Not the best place to camp. You can stay for 14 days for free. Outhouses are spread throughout.

Amazing in the Right Season!

One of our favorite state parks in Utah is only~45 minutes away from Salt Lake City! There are bison, antelope, deer, and many other animals that call this island home. On the west side of the island are extensive muds flats that give you one of the best sunset views in Utah. One of our favorite things to do on the island is hike Frary Peak which is the high point of the island. The top portion of the hike is a rocky scramble, but there are plenty of side trails to beautiful viewpoints during the hike.

As for the best season to visit the island, we are partial to winter due to the absolute lack of bugs and stunning contrast of the bison on fresh snow. Our 2nd favorite season is early spring before the bugs come out in full swarm! I wouldn't recommend visiting in late spring or summer as there are swarms of all kinds of biting bugs and the temps can be unbearable.

Nice place

Clean restrooms and showers good wifi with a pleasant little store and the big dog park was a welcome surprise. Loved it ,only problem was the tight cramped spots.

Great place for a lot of activities

This campground has 3 loops. 1 for tents, 1 for medium size trailers. 1 for large trailers. Check the website or call the guard station before booking to double check. It's close to 2 reservoirs, tons of dirt bike and side by side trails, and Heber city. There's also a few group sites with pavilions. We've stayed here multiple times in tent, RV, and group sites. Medium shade, but the bathrooms and showers are nice.

Great amenities! Great place for a picnic.

Close to Favis and Weber counties, this is a great place for 1 or 2 night stays. We usually stay here every spring. The campground is a short walk to the "beach." There is a great picnic area between the boat ramp and campground. In the spring the water is right up near it. Later in the summer, the water goes down and there is a real nice beach for kids to play. Not many trees but pretty good campground.

Beware of the Bull Moose!

Stayed here for 1 night.  We were up early, at the crack of dawn.  As we prepared to break down the tent, a HUGE bull moose wandered out of the woods, looked around, then walked by my camping spot & the one right next to mine.  I was sitting in my car, putting my sleeping bag inside, so my photo did not come out very well.

The camp site was amazing!  Slept very soundly.  They sky at night was amazing!

Photos forthcoming!

Little shade at the group site

Many individual sites have great shade front the trees. However, the group site has little. Also, at the time I camped, the water fill station was contaminated, so you had to pack in all you water. There is no nearby dump station. However, their are a lot of great things about this campground. The nearby river is great, and we had a lot of deer we saw nearby.

One of my favorites

Having grown up near here, I love going back to camp at this site. It had flushing toilets, a fill station, and a dump station. The trees are very thick, so from many camp sites, you can’t see the adjacent one. There are nearby trails and a great view of Stillwater dam.