The best GROUP camping near
Stringtown , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Stringtown Camping Reviews
Great primitive campground!

We brought our small Aliner camper here to primitive camp for the first time and we couldn’t have picked a better place! The campsites have been redone in the last couple of years. Fresh gravel and wooden railing. The bathhouse is clean and easy access from all campsites.

There is a small playground close to the entrance. Lots of hiking trails and a fire tower that you can climb! We love the boardwalk trail! Unfortunately, this is our second time to visit the park and the visitors center has been closed both times. Kayaks and fishing boats available for rent.

You can’t go wrong tent camping or bringing a small RV here!

Bonus tip: This is a dark sky area, so come during the new moon phase for views of the Milky Way!

Little slice of heaven

After the Covid lockdowns, this was the perfect getaway for our family. The bathrooms were clean, the campsites were a good size and well shaded.  We went to the beach at Cub Lake for hours every day!  There were several playgrounds around the campgrounds, I'm sure we tried them all.  We had an electric site around the corner from the beach, near an older playground and bathrooms.  The lake is BEAUTIFUL!  The cabins looked wonderful, too. We liked that they had both a fire ring and grill.  The lake water is pretty dirty, but we had plenty of fun. There was also a nice visitor's center and walking trails.

Great family place to camp

Spent 3 nights here in December, 9-12th. Only half the camp sights were open, loop 1 was closed, but that's normal for the season. There's plenty to do here, trails to hike, sights to see. Good restaurant, an old mill, waterfalls, and playgrounds for the kids. Has 50, 30, and 20 amp electric hookups and water at all sights, plus fire ring and table. Dump station in loop 2. Clean restrooms and showers are available. Sites are all paved and level, decent separation. Nice rolling hills all around, and lots of wildlife.

Decent spot on the lake

Camped here on Christmas Day 2020. It was very quiet and a little windy. I was the only camper but it’s on a disc golf course so I saw a couple of those guys. I went down to the parking lot so I could sleep in my car and have a fire by the water. It was great and quiet except there are parking lot lights which I didn’t see until they turned on. There are picnic tables, trash cans, and portable toilets. All in all a nice spot. I had Verizon and I think I had two bars of service. There’s also a spot a little east off an unmarked dirt road which was ok and had a fire pit. I checked it out but there was just too much litter and a half eaten deer carcass which I wasn’t vibing with.

Nice clean park.

Friendly and accomidating people.

Great place to stay!!

Great place to stay!! It is very clean and quiet. The ranger is very nice and checks on you during your stay.

Some Happy Campers

I've been going here since I was a youngn' and it never fails to disappoint. Nice views with nice people all around and some of the hottest showers of you life. 10/10 would recommend.

Not the place for a peaceful getaway

Overall a decent spot if you’re just looking for a safe place to sleep right near I-40. But not recommended if you’re looking for a peaceful spot to enjoy a vacation.

Pros:

• extremely easy to get to and right off I-40 so minimal added time to trip
  • full hookups and they were well situated on the pad
  • pretty level spot
  • KOA so you know what to expect, and the check in process is really easy - especially after hours
  • cable hookups - though we didn’t try it so not sure how good it is
  • WiFi - but pretty weak at least from site 14

Cons:

• Extremely loud traffic noise - you really couldn’t get closer to the highway unless you were park on an on-ramp (see video if you don’t believe me 😉)
  • spots are very close together (but pretty typical for a KOA)
  • it was pretty full for a week night so it may be hard to book day of on the weekend
Chickasaw State Park

One of the strangest parks we've been to. There are two campground loops. One for trailers/RV's, they call it, and the Wrangler, equesterian. The trailer/RV loop is on the side of a hill. It was amazing the way they got so many half way level sites into this area. Very, very tight. Good thing for us it was booked up and we ended up in the wrangler loop. A nice flat area more suited to larger rigs. Some, as was ours are very,very close together. Most are pretty level and easy access. Ther is no office that we cound find and when we asked a local, his reply was, "You got a reservation, then just got to the site & yur name & date will be on the post. Yup, it was. Pretty good for a night over. Just can't give it a real good rating. Att & Verizon were both workable. OTA TV not so good.

All in all, doubt if we'd go back.

Pretty Area, Outdated Park

We tent camped in the Cub Lake loop, campsite 2, site 2. The restrooms was incredibly out of date. Loop 1 looked like all the sites were on an incline falling down a hill. Loop 2, our site was flat but some others in this loop were on an incline. All sites, restrooms and the park overall looked dilapidated and like it needs some TLC. There were water pumps though. Would not stay here again.