Meadow , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Meadow Camping Reviews
Hard to find but beautiful and up high on a ridge

We followed directions to this campground but had a hard time actually finding it.  We ended up staying in a dispersed site near a fire road just before the site b/c it was so pretty there.

The road is curvy and takes you up high onto the ridge.

The creek is beautiful and there are many trails back there to hike.

We enjoyed the views from the ridge of the valley. Pure beauty!

A Little Slice of Heaven

We absolutely love this place. Small quiet little campground while still close to everything we needed. Wi-Fi was good, cell signal was good. They have everything you need to make your trip comfortable and their bathrooms looked brand new and immaculate. The staff were very helpful and accommodating (Lonnie helped me back in and hook up). With a little notice Lonnie even set up three kayaks for us to paddle around the river.

LOVE THIS PLACE

This campground is a first come first serve basis. The hosts are amazing!!! They brought my firewood everyday and even took all the kids for rides on the golf cart around the campground. We had 8 kids with is so that took a few trips. The campground is beautiful and most of the people camping there set up for the season and everyone watches out for each other. I highly recommend a stay at Riley Creek you will not be disappointed.

Great place to camp

I took my 5 kids camping at Melton Hill and we had a great time. The hosts were great brought my ice and firewood to the site everyday. The kids had a blast our site was right on the water so i could sit in the shade and watch them swim.

Very mellow campground for the Smokies

This will be the second time staying at whispering River resorts.  The management is very friendly.  The help is also very friendly.  We will be back next year.

Better Options in the Area

I felt nickeled and dimed by this campground. I camp in Townsend often and I'm not typically charged for; a firepit, wood, wifi, and additional parking. Plus the wood they brought was wet and wouldn't burn. The spots were the smallest I've been too, we were absolutely crammed in there.

3/4 of the campground consisted of permanent residents and it didn't have an overall feel of a campground, but more of a mobile home park.

Pretty Basic

Super simple, not many trees or landscaping. No shade so super hot in summer. The farm next door had donkeys that visited. Clean and simple. An easy place to crash for the night but nothing special. Sunset was very pretty.

Love it

Spacious and on the river. Close to the biking trails and Cades cove. Spots are clean, fire pits are great, well maintained pavers patio and nicely landscaped

It was ok

It was ok - lots of permanent campers. Extra to have a fire pit, extra for wifi, extra to park additional car. the creek was nice. Bought wood from them but it was too wet to burn. Sites were tight.

Fall Getaway

My wife and I went for our 5th anniversary. The campground is great and within a mile or 2 of a lot of trail heads in the Smokies. It was beautiful in October, but if you go in peak season I would recommend staying in the national park due to the insane amounts of traffic getting into Gatlinburg.