The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Lea Springs , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Lea Springs Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Lea Springs Camping Reviews
Our favorite place in the Smokies

My husband and I have been camping in the Smokies and surrounding areas for years. This is our favorite spot. Much quieter than the other campgrounds in the park. Several wonderful hikes right out of the campground.

Clean

We were only here for one night in the rain but it was quiet and the bath hall was spotless! Conveniently located close to highway 81 and town!

Decent.

I was a little underwhelmed compared to what I was expecting from camping at a national park. The positives are the cheap rates and there are bathroom and shower facilities. If you want old fashion tent camping the park does have some backcountry campsites.

The cons are the lack of actual campsites. They are more like parking spaces. Probably to appeal to the people who use campers. The noise of the highway was constant and annoying.

Overall I enjoyed my time staying here. Wish I could have done more backcountry camping but the weather didn't permit it.

Large campground on the French Broad River and convenient to I-40

Convenient to highway 66 that runs from Interstate 40 to Sevierville. Not particularly charming, but seems to be clean and well run. Worked well for a one night stay.

Peace on Earth?

Campsites are perfectly spread apart. They do a fantastic job on keeping everything neat and orderly. Plenty of places to hike and if you want to have a picnic there is a picnic area right next to the creek where the kids can play. The loop around Cades cove just takes you back in time to much simpler time. You can rent bikes if want to take it slow.

Good campground but some sites are just too tight,

Have been camping here for years even before current owners. Many different size sites and some are just too small for even a small camper. Price has gotten too high.

Back Country Primitive Shelter

I’m a reluctant camper and hiker doing this to spend time with my family so factor that in to my review. I had a permit, but no one asked to see it. Perhaps anyone who might had left for the day. My pack weighed at least 30lbs. and I’m new to this, so it took me forever to get up here. It was dark by the time we arrived and boy, was I disappointed to learn this shelter is situated PAST the lodge. My exhaustion made the merriment I glimpsed behind its fire-warmed window panes seem cruel, but I’m sure it wasn’t as personal as it seemed in the moment. There were two other tents set up outside the shelter when we arrived so I set up my camp, silently, by the light of my otherwise useless iphone. I would’ve slept inside the shelter, even though the entrance was covered by a plastic tarp that read, “keep out” (because of COVID, maybe?), but my son told me there would be mice. Then, he did something with our food that involved some system of ropes and pulleys, but I didn’t care if I were eaten by a bear. At least then I wouldn’t have had to hike down. Or discover what a “compost toilet” is.

Nice view.

Pretty good campground overall

It's a pretty good campground overall, stayed there 2 or 3 times with my son's Cub Scout/Boy Scout pack. Generally it's a pretty quiet campground that doesn't see quite as much camping as you might expect from a state park. It's got a tiny gift store so it would be recommended that you either bring your own food and drinks or you can take a ride to either Williamsburg or LaFollette to stock up on items for your stay.

Favorite spot on the lake!

Yarberry Peninsula is such a great place to spend time, no matter what time of year you visit. This trip was in January, and it was chilly, especially on the lake front site I stayed on, but it is just so beautiful, you can handle a little cold to stay at such a nice place. I booked site 19, and it is waterfront, with so much space right on the shoreline. I highly recommend booking your spots very early, as it cam be difficult to get a spot during the warmer months. There is a campground store, it was not open when I was there this time, but usually is during warmer months. They have essentials, and rental kayaks and such. The campground is gated, so there’s not really any traffic passing through. The sites are all mostly level, and I think most have a lake view even if you’re not lakefront. They have boat slips for rent also. I’m really looking forward to staying here this summer!

USFS Remote Campground

The lost cove campground can be found deep in the wilderness of the Cherokee National Forest outside of Benton, TN. The campground is operated and maintained by the USFS. Once leaving the pavement of the main road and traversing a well maintained gravel road for 7 miles you will reach the Lost Cove Campground. A portion of campground adjoins a small creek. The creek can be used for shallow water wading or fishing. During our visit in Mid January there were no other visitors at the campground. The campground offers concrete picnic tables, lantern post, a pit toilet and bear safe trash receptacles. There is no potable water available from a spicket and no Verizon cell reception.