Fairview, TENNESSEE

Most Recent Fairview Camping Reviews
I love it here.

There are free hot showers, laundry facilities in the summer, and it's clean and well kept. It's not too far from Nashville. White Bluff, the closest town, is only a few miles away and is a cute little town. Would highly recommend.

Nice lakeside park

We enjoyed our stay and took full advantage of the lake. We paddle boarded, swam, and kayaked. The pool area is nice and they had live music on Saturday night.

It’s a little pricey, but if you want to experience Nashville, it’s a pretty good deal given the proximity.

Not much shade on most sights but the area is well kept and clean. Trash pickup every morning.

One of my Favorites!

Love camping at Happy Hollow! It's small but great people and feel very safe!

Very nice place

The site I had was a little awkward backing into and the water hookup was on the wrong side for my camper. Nice facilities.

This is someone’s private property

And not a place you can camp

I mean, if you like KOA...

And the sound of the interstate then this is for you. The best part about this place is it’s close to the log cabin restaurant. Try the pie!

Locked gate and no trespassing signs

A nice drive through the area: cool old abandoned houses and barns, deer and wild turkey, and a small creek to visit, but couldn’t access the campsite.

Great layout for RVs

Great layout for RVs. Nice bathrooms, mini cul-de-sacs and right on the water. Secret gem, books fast.

Great overnight

Large level sites with some privacy. Bathrooms were super clean. Was able to get groceries and all I needed just 10 mins away

Long term camping

Very good camp ground.good staff and very clean and quiet.

GREAT FOR GROUPS/FAMILIES

We've stayed 6 times at MB, it's my partners fave place to go.

FAMILIES +++ With a great pavilion, Vb court, ball diamond, and playground, the far side of the camp is perfect for families, groups, and events. Our fave sites are 1-8, with #1+2 right next to the creek and the most updated bathrooms. If you don't want kiddos walking through your campsite to get to the playground, you may want to choose a higher number.

BATHROOMS there's three bathroom facilities; two newer ones and an older one. Ironically, the older one has a washer and dryer, bring quarters. Far side of the camp has tents and creekside spots, but a lot.of folks with big RVs tend to do the middle spots, they're more easily accessible.

ICE AND FIREWOOD Are for sale, $5 a bag/bundle. Super helpful staff. Unlike most camps that have gates, you can pull in, and simply stop with enough room for others to go around.

THINGS TO DO There's some historic hiking trail, historic old church/cabins, as well as the welcome center, the Inn, lake to swim, and a golf course nearby.

DRIVE AROUND With such an expansive park, aside from the camping area, you'll want to drive around to see everything, and bring your walking shoes if you prefer to hike.

Check out the creekside campsites and book early if you want to accommodate your group OR get a spot. Sites are able to booked 6 months ahead, so think ahead.

Great resort campground

Loved it here, staff was friendly, sites were beautiful, facilities were very clean and couldn’t find anything wrong.
Only issue was the campstore was lacking in some of the basics, no burger or hot dog rolls, no eggs, etc…

“Customer service is not lost!”

I' m happy to say this is a family business who still understands the value of the customer experience. This is a great location(right off I-65) to explore all the Nashville area has to offer with convenience to downtown Nashville, the historic Franklin, TN community, and many other attractions…and if self exploring is not your thing the campground offers tour opportunities galore. The campground offers all the amenities you would expect in a commercial campground: very clean bathhouses, propane, convenience store, level spaces, full hook ups, wi-fi, escort to the site plus several things that weren't unexpected: restaurant dining, live free(good) entertainment nightly and some of the most pleasant staff we have encountered. The spaces are close together; however this seemed to be part of the character of the park…the pleasantries seemed to spread from the staff through the other RV'ers.

Nature

Very green and relaxing. Sites are a good size and the bathrooms are decent.

Basic

Bells Bend Park is close to the city but nature all around. Farmland with spots of woodland.

Primitive camping , in the trees on a hill. Group only. There are some tables and some fire rings. But the sky is immense.

The park offers a lot of programs to base your camping around. The trails are through farmland and bike friendly.

Good site

Full hook-ups, plenty of trees for shade, laundry, showers and toilets. No frills. They have a pool and a pavilion with live music every once in a while. Pull though and back in sites. Pet friendly. Owners seem to stick to their guns when enforcing the campsite rules.

Loud for tent campers

We are new-ish to camping and were directed here by the nice lady at Lock A once we were told the first come first serve sights were taken and this place had one sight available. The grounds are well kept and the showers are very nice. We pitched our tent on comfortable ground and were serenaded by the sounds of trucks coming down the bridge overhead with their jakes on at night. Bring earplugs if you are in a tent. Nice staff at checkin and cleaning crew very thorough.

Great camp ground

Stop there when we go to Nashville.

Beginner friendly!

The backcountry campsites are just a short trek from the camp store, the hike itself follows the river. We only saw one other couple and no one else was staying at the second site so it was such a secluded weekend! Definitely recommend for quick overnight trips!

Weekending

For several months while living in TN, we spent almost every weekend at Henry Horton State Park. It’s not quite an hour from Nashville. We always got a primitive site, shady site. I was never disappointed by any of our sites and never felt cramped or too close to other campers.

HH has RV sites, cabins, “hammock sites,” and a large group site. They also have a camp store, firewood, and restrooms. Rates are pretty standard. Backcountry primitive hike-in sites are $8.

Interactive heritage festivals and other activities frequently came to the center across the street. I don’t really recall if this is part of the park or not.

Hiking, biking, camping, kayaking, paddle boarding

Decent campground ⛺️ we were on site 67 which I would recommend. It’s on a hill with rocks, roots poison ivy as well as poison oak. So stay away from the side of site 67!

Other than that there is 3 lakes, and harpeth rive you can play in or fish.

Super Quiet

Good bathhouse with flush toilets and cold water sink. No Shower. Great for tent camping.

Camping in the Heart of Tennessee Amish Country

On August 30, 2019, my wife and I camped at Blackberry Row Campground located on Shalom Farm near Ethridge, Tennessee. The private campground is right in the middle of Amish country, so on our drive in we were able to stop and enjoy the fields, windmills, animals, and horse and buggies of the Amish people. There are other campgrounds located near the Amish community in Ethridge but none quite as beautiful and centrally located as Blackberry Row.

The campground is simple. There’s a bathroom building with a composting toilet. At the time we camped, there was no running water in the bathroom building, but there was a spigot located near the campsites. This doubles as a water source for many of the farm animals that will join you on your camping trip at Blackberry Row. For instance when we got up in the morning, we were greeted by five beautiful hens and their ever watchful rooster. They enjoyed picking up the scraps from our S’mores the night before.

The campsite we stayed at was near the woods. It had a permanent structure built there that a tent or hammock camper could use during the rain. We parked next to it and used it as a porch for our chairs, cooking setup, and campfire.  It was nice sitting under it and enjoying coffee from our Banner and Oak Coffee Cups.

Some of the camping areas are not level, but there’s a large field that has plenty of level spots if that’s what you need. The campground is near a small paved country road but there’s very little traffic. The whole time we were there only two or three cars passed. We had full cell phone reception which was really nice.

This would be a perfect place for kids. I know my children would have loved visiting the many animals that call Shalom their home.

TIP: I would make sure to pick up all of your essentials before arriving to set up camp. This is a rural location and stores are a bit away. We brought our Mountain House Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast(yum) and a few snacks to get us through the night. We also had fun using our Grub Stick  to make S’mores over the fire.

TIP: By the way, don’t forget to bring some cash. The Amish make wonderful items for sale (Monday-Saturday, closed on Sundays), but as you might imagine, you can’t buy their fried pies or peanut brittle with a card. We took $25 in cash and ate like kings.

TIP: Please remember that the Amish do not like to be photographed.  If you stay at Blackberry Row you will be camping in the heart of their homeland.

This is a really nice campground

Tis is a really nice campground on the Tennessee river, which is great for boating and fishing also nice for camping

Campground is peaceful

Campground is peaceful really good area next to the duck River no electric or water unless you have a camper the state park is across the street what the millions and play areas for the kids with a hotel restaurant in ground pool

Not very happy with this park

Not very happy with this campground the campsite was hard for us to place out tent on not much room and unlevel ground. the campsite was overcrowded too close together no privacy. WiFi was horrible. not very many activities to do for family or kids walking trails  not clear enough that we almost stepped on snakes the swimming Beach area was very small and only went to an adults waste the fishing spots were not the greatest really hard for kids to fish.

Eh...

This campground is adequate for close proximity to Nashville while still in the wilderness. I highly suggest a campsite on the water side. The ones across the street are pretty wooded and not ideal for tent camping. The site I was given was awkwardly sloped and the small areas for tents were quite overgrown. I arrived at the site after hours and it was trashed so I set up my tent in the parking area until am. I had to wait around until they opened at 10 to ask about changing the site. The woman who works there is very kind and has great recommendations but the man had an attitude about my compliant and his responsibility to go clean it. He did clean it but was not happy about it. My neighbors also ran their very loud generator all night which I realize is not the campground’s fault, but there was a truck that drove the loop all night for security who did nothing about this. When I inquired the next day, they said they’d talk to them but the next night was no different. Not sure what that truck’s job was. On the bright side, the lake is beautiful and the bathrooms are clean. It served its purpose but I cannot recommend. I think this place is just meant for RV camping.

Nice park

Was only here for a night hammock camping reviewing some products. The park had just had sever storms and several sites closed from downed trees. Shower house is in middle of campground so if you are in outer loop you have drive around and into the middle and then drive back around. Several spots that were nice some with direct water acces and others tucked into the hill.

Fun, clean, quiet

This campground was very convenient for those visiting the Nashville area, its just off the highway and they offer shuttles for a fee to downtown and opryland. The check in process was quick and simple, the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Our campsite was easy to find and very clean. The shower house was one of the best I've seen mostly because it is air conditioned. The showers are all very private and clean with plenty of room. The waterpark is just steps away, I would suggest not eating food within the park it is over priced and not very tasty, go to the marina restaurant or eat at your campsite. They have a dog park to exercise your dogs and you can't beat the views. I would recommend this campground.

Quiet Peaceful Campground by Cheatam Lake & Dam

We loved our site 32 which was fully shaded all day long which was great in August given the heat and humidity. We hiked the Bicentennial Trail (13.3 miles long from start to finish) which was also shaded and with geocaches. We went with our 2 dogs and 2 kids. The boys loved the playground and the dogs appreciated the cool breeze and shade of our site. We were close to the boat ramp which made access to the water easy. There is a nearby lock and dam with another playground in walking distance. We had a fire ring, a wooden picnic table, a concrete picnic table and chairs as well as a grill. Folks were quiet and friendly. I would highly recommend it and would visit again.