The best BOAT IN camping near
Emory Heights , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Emory Heights Camping Reviews
Peace on Earth?

Campsites are perfectly spread apart. They do a fantastic job on keeping everything neat and orderly. Plenty of places to hike and if you want to have a picnic there is a picnic area right next to the creek where the kids can play. The loop around Cades cove just takes you back in time to much simpler time. You can rent bikes if want to take it slow.

Fun Winter Camping

We were missing the camp life, so we headed over to Fall Creek Falls for a night. We stayed in loop B and it was almost empty. We stayed in site 82, as it was close to the bathroom (but also had a sewer hookup) and roomy. Be advised, this site is next to a small, open field. When high winds occur, you'll want to have everything tied down tight! It was a pleasant trip regardless of the harsh winds. The waterfalls were beautiful as always!

Favorite spot on the lake!

Yarberry Peninsula is such a great place to spend time, no matter what time of year you visit. This trip was in January, and it was chilly, especially on the lake front site I stayed on, but it is just so beautiful, you can handle a little cold to stay at such a nice place. I booked site 19, and it is waterfront, with so much space right on the shoreline. I highly recommend booking your spots very early, as it cam be difficult to get a spot during the warmer months. There is a campground store, it was not open when I was there this time, but usually is during warmer months. They have essentials, and rental kayaks and such. The campground is gated, so there’s not really any traffic passing through. The sites are all mostly level, and I think most have a lake view even if you’re not lakefront. They have boat slips for rent also. I’m really looking forward to staying here this summer!

Blue Water Resort

I hate to give this place a good review because I'm afraid that it will become so popular we won't be able to get reservations in the future. This campground has been a great well know secret location for years. We have watched it grow over the years from a swamp campground to a 5 star campground.  The fishing is fantastic, Bass, Crappie, Bluegill and Rockfish are abundant. Campground sites are level and concrete. Power sources 30 and 50 Amp are available.  Restrooms are clean . The store is well stocked with liquid refreshments, bait, clothing, and great pizza. The back pavilion is large, covered, fans, TV are some of the benefits.  A band plays certain nights, fish fry and barbecue happens frequently.  There is a covered marina, a fishing pier, a stocked fishing pond for kids and a great refreshing pool. A laundry also is available.  The staff is courteous and knowledgeable. This is God's campground.  Please don't come

Great place to spend Christmas Night passing through

Beautiful park to pass through for Christmas night on the Lake with snow!! Beautiful site with lots of trees. They communicated with me because we were getting in on Christmas night & can’t wait to return to stay a few nights next time.

Great Spot on Norris Lake

Loyston Point is a great campground on Norris Lake, which is known as one of the nicest lakes around. The campground has multiple lakefront sites, as well as lake view, and several wooded sites, if you are looking for more seclusion. There’s also some small cabins. Something for everyone here!

One thing to be aware of- not all the sites have a water spigot, several spots have a shared spigot, so he sure you have a really long hose if you are camping in an rv. I was in site 50, and was in between the spigots, so I’m not sure my hose would have reached if I were in my camper. Other than that, the campground is amazing. Bathhouses were extremely clean and maintained. Sites were spacious, lots of trees, even on the lakefront sites. Just beautiful.

This area is big for mountain biking also. There’s a parking lot with restrooms and I can almost guarantee it will be full of MTB riders. So much to do here all year round.

Best for Mtn biking

Can’t beat the biking, hiking and water sports! Clean and nice showers. Steps from biking. We stayed at a site right on the water. Not super private but the area and activities make up for the lack of privacy. And whatever you do make sure you visit the Clinch River Brewery just a short drive away.

Lots to see!

We stayed at the main area but not much space or privacy so we put up a tent out side our door, but then moved to the tent camping site area the second night which was more secluded and private, but still close to the showers/bath house. So much hiking and a cool view of the dam is all within walking distance. Nice bath rooms and showers too.

Quiet FREE Campground

Rhea Springs is a wonderful free campsite in central Tennessee which permits stay up to 14 days. As a part of the TVA the property as a whole is well maintained despite some obvious wear and tear on the restroom facilities.

I pulled into Rhea Springs later in the afternoon on a Wednesday and found a waterside site with ease. Though there were several other campers there it did not seem crowded at all as spacing of sites is well thought. I camped in my van near the waters edge in a semi flat area, though I will say some sites are much more uneven than others. I was on the main entry area as opposed to the peninsula are for camping as that seemed to be attracting more group camps and louder crowd at the time of my visit.

All sites are equipped with a fire ring and picnic table, but additionally they have a trash can which is picked up every few days by the TVA maintenance. Additionally you can find trash and recycling near the restrooms.

The restrooms were large enough for a couple of stalls and a very large kind of dingy looking shower. The shower had no curtain so a bathing suit or a buddy would be needed to use this and have privacy. The water in the showers does get very warm, so that is a bonus. There are also no mirrors in the restroom so if you are counting on one to get ready for the day pack one in with you.

When I visited my initial goal was to stay a single night but I really enjoyed the waterfront positioning of my campsite during the rains, it was very peaceful and coaxed me into a second night’s stay. I would definitely return to this campsite again in the future!

Beautiful Setting

This campground is small but has some of the prettiest views I've seen. I'll definitely visit it again!