Harriman , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Harriman Camping Reviews
Amazing place and great owners!!!

We found this place while looking for a place outside the Great Smoky Mountains and it has been amazing!! Sheila, the owner of the property, has been amazing and she’s worth the stay here, but when you add the views and the proximity to the National park, you can’t beat this place. There’s a few sites that have electricity, but no water. I’ve heard those are coming soon though. Our site is right on this little river and we can fish and boat all up and down it. We’ve been here for 6 nights, and would come back in a heartbeat!! Its also right down the street from the tuckaleechee caverns, and those are awesome

OMG! O

We stayed for a few days and as a backpacker, the local hikes are some of the best I have ever seen! I would say most of the hikes are moderate, although some say easy. Grandma couldn’t leisurely walk, or scale some of the trails, so you have been warned. But for able bodied persons, the hikes are all doable. There are quite the variety of hike lengths to choose from, from short and squatty, to full day hikes. I’ll submit some of my favorite shots below. For RVs - I was towing a 21 ft trailer and my site at the bottom of the hill, which was away from other campers, but the grade was ridiculous! I had 6” of block height to level side to side! I heard other complaints from other longer tongue pullers as well, regarding the difficulty getting into their sites. Most of the sites are small, too close to other campers, or too close to the smell of the privies. But if you are hiking the area, I think the stay could be worth some of the hassle. There is a pull through dump station on the loop. There is electric and water. Tent campers - probably have plenty of room to spread out, some with power hookups and the convenience of showers at a central bathhouse. Daytime picnics - a beautifully large area to choose from and see. Lots of selections, all of them very well social distanced, family friendly and shaded with trees. Soooo much to see.

Sufficient

Super nice employees. Campsites very close together.  We had to move from the first because on either side there was no room for our slide outs.  We were very close to I 40 and the road noise was extremely loud…all day and all night.  I probably wouldn't stay again only because of the road noise.

First time Staying at a KOA

We picked this stop because it was a halfway point from our trip in Georgia to home in Ohio and it was easy off and on 75. It’s a small campground with only 37 rv sites, a primitive camping section and several small cabins. They offer a pool, dog park, laundry and game room.

It’s very clean and the staff was nice. We got here after hours and they had everything we needed at the check in with our names, site number and directions to our site. They also offer WiFi and cable tv.

There is not much to do in the park itself but it’s quite and close to town.

Lots of Wildlife

The campground is right off loop road. Spots are a little close, and not very private, but you cant beat the location in the park. We saw 3 bears, a red wolf, and numerous dear and elk during our stay.

Just a small portion of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park

We are glad we stayed at Cades Cove Campground. Thanks to Jay at the bike rental, we were able to ride the famous Cades Cove loop (11 miles) on the last day of the season that the road was closed to vehicles. We also folded the 6 mile hike in and out of Abrams Falls in the middle of the bike ride. It was a fun day, beautiful views, wildlife (turkey & deer). The campground was crowded. Every site was full. The sites are markedly close together, with minimal privacy between. Our site was C61, generator free (that part was nice). But we were on the end of a row, with two sites on one side, and a larger site on the other- all occupied, with just feet between each set up. Other than the tightness of the sites, we really liked everything else about the park.  We traveled from the park towards the Blue Ridge Parkway by going directly through the Great Smoky NP. This was an incredible experience! Highly recommend it!

Beautiful location

This campsite is large with multiple sites for tents, campers and RVs. Nice bath house and playground area. The hikes and waterfalls are gorgeous. Well maintained.

Great Campground

Amazing campground, with one of the best hikes around.

Beautiful, private, peaceful

These campsites are extremely spread out, allowing for private camping. No hookups, but a majority of the 14 sites are on the creek itself. Could not recommend Citico Creek more.

Good stay

Overall good place to visit. Some sites are squeezed too close together but there are great sites scattered all throughout the park. It’s a large park with 4 camp loops, hiking is good with the main waterfall worth the walk into the canyon. The park seems well maintained and clean, bath houses were clean and had spacious showers. Only reason I didn’t give a 5 star review is with luck of the draw your site may be a little crowded.