Camping in Colonial Estates

438 Reviews of 48 Colonial Estates, Tennessee Campgrounds

Tamara B.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Stairs

Campsites for tents are down long rustic stairs. Our site had 20 broken rock steps from parking to site and no handrail. Lake view was beautiful however so we had a nice time. We took a kayak down the Caney Fork. Canoe the Caney shuttle service was the best we’ve ever used.

c
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Belle Ridge Rv Resort

Nice Campground, would return.

SiteE12
Darrell H.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great place to camp

We have stayed at Cumberland Mountain many times and have had an excellent stay each time. Great people and very helpful. Several of the bath houses are older but very clean. Cabins are excellent!

Siteloop 4 site 114
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Cool private off the grid campground!

I like this place. Cool private camping spots, very peaceful and quiet. Chris, the host was very cool and made sure we enjoyed our stay. We'll be back for sure!

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great State Park

Everyone including staff was pleasant and helpful. Sites are adequate, plenty of shade, dump station, trash bins and bath house was easily accessible. Enjoyed our stay, will visit again.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Nice KOA

Lots of green grass. The dog park is very well kept. There is a road close by but not a major freeway. It’s one of the quieter KOA’s I have stayed at. Pool is small but very clean. The store is well stocked and you can get hand dipped ice cream.

Melody S.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Beautiful Spot

Beautiful spot close to the water. Secluded area that can be reached via GPS coordinates ONLY (we learned this after trying to check in at the Dale Hollow campground).

Things to know:

• there was no dumpster for trash

-hike in spot with vault toilet

• 45 minutes from Standing Stone State Park
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Cumberland Mountain

Two days in the park. Nice state park with good hiking. Water, electric and sewer fine. We had site 27 in area 1.......10 inches low in back so leveling was tough. Bathrooms dated but clean.

Had lunch at Italian Restaurant across the street from the park....good stuff!

Toured the Homestead…

kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Amazing site decks

I've stayed here a few different times. The sites are level but may have a steep incline or decline to reach pad.  The campground is hilly but several sites have good views of the lake. Most have some shade. Clean bathrooms.

Campfiresandcoffee94  .The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Family Vacation

We stayed 5 days at this beautiful campsite, we were pleased to find the facilities clean with hot water, washer and dryer on site.

RV pads are well maintained. There's plenty of trees though some pads have only direct sun.

Found out once we got there that the connection for LTE is pretty…

• campsite
  • lake dog
  • swimming area
B
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Dated but clean and quit

Stayed in camp site 40 Bath house dated but keep clean no sewer hook ups very helpful staff if you have larger campers stay in one of the two newer sections sights are larger and more level in all would stay again

Secluded

My family stayed in the woods loop of the campground and I loved it! The site was perfect! This is a perfect spot to just hideaway for a bit!

Love!

I stayed here with my family for a weekend and I loved the amenities for children! We weren’t on the lake but we had a really good view of it! Would stay here again!

Amazing

We stayed in area 1 and honestly, I didn’t like how close the sites were but it grew on me. This is by far the best campground for my kids that we stayed at. I didn’t hear “I’m bored” ONCE. They stayed busy the entire weekend we were there. I recommend 100%!!

SiteArea 1 Site 9
Halley S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

The platforms were cool!

We had fun! A unique experience to camp on wooden decks looking out on to the lake. My only complaint was the power was having some issues with the power. It was fine with my little family in our tent, but some of my family in their camper wasn't happy. The ranger and electrician worked on the…