The best BOAT IN camping near
Clinton , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Clinton Camping Reviews
Great location and accommodating staff

We stayed here during Thanksgiving break 2020. We had a great spot on the river. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. We needed to work and do school while there and the Verizon cell service was limited and the WiFi signal was not great at our rig. The Lizard Lounge has a separate WiFi but you have to be inside or just outside to use it. Amazing river views and very close to the entrance of the National park. After walking around the river front patios are amazing followed by the river front decks.

Awesome view

Site 69 , love the view love the place very quiet and very clean showers are clean site it self it’s clean friendly host and the security guy very friendly as well , my wife approves it lol and we are definitely coming back

Perfect location and beautifully kept!

Very clean and beautifully decorated campground located on the backside of Sevierville away from all those crowds on the main strip. Check in was simple, owners are very attentive, and grounds are beautifully kept. There’s laundry on site, and ice-firewood-charcoal are readily available all hours of the day and night. There are hammocks and swings on the riverbank for anyone to enjoy and during the summer campers get an hour of tubing or kayaking in the Little Pigeon River as part of their reservation. Campground is just about a 10 minute drive from Pigeon Forge or Dollywood. Road noise is a little loud from our campsite, but other than that it’s perfect. We’ll definitely stay here again!

Nice

So the reviews were so amazing we had to stay here, also there weren’t a ton of availabilities in Gatlinburg. We chose a river lot that is directly in front of an arcade place and near an apt/condo building. Not a nature retreat-the pictures did appear misleading. We were able to do some laundry for about $6. WiFi never worked. Lots are very close together. Pretty expensive for what you’re getting. We paid $80 for one night.

No space even in November.

Full of permanent residents.

Heart of the Smoky’s

Pros:

• beautiful and scenic
  • Near great trails
  • lots of wildlife - saw a bear!
  • clean and quiet campground
  • camp store nearby
  • easy enough to get to with an RV
  • reserved same day

Cons:

• campsites are kind of close to each other
  • no dogs allowed on trails (I know that’s pretty common for national parks, but it’s still something we look for)
Backcountry-Dark Hollow West

I’ve stayed at this site a couple times now and I love the location. The site is a short and easy hike (under 2 miles) from the parking lot via the Lake Trail to the Dark Hollow Trail. The site is tucked off the trail and has access to a stream that is directly across from the site entrance. I’ve also finished the trip by hiking the loop back out by continuing on Dark Hollow to Big Valley Trail, to Ghost House Trail and back to Lake Trail (5.3 miles total). These sections of the trails are easy to moderate.

Overall quiet and fairly priced but some long termers bring down the qualit

So this campground is in a decent location not far from town (Knoxville) and right off lake inlet and A26 is right off lake. Only regarding my location its been quiet and people keep to themselves other than being neighborly. May get a bit more noisy on weekend as people roll in with kids and pets. Laundry is adequate and fairly priced and bonus takes credit cards for payment (no looking for change). Its a bit run down but for 38/night for full hookup and weekly rate knocks off a night its not bad. There are some long termers here that bring the aesthetic down with very old campers and trash and older equipment and cars around but around my area its clean, so I only see it on my way out the loop. The advertised wifi doesn't reach the campsites though so don't depend on it and when I connected at laundry to test it was like a 1/1Mbps speed. Cell Data signal isn't great here either. I have a dual LTE router that I was only getting ATT 3G signal with normal antennas but once I connected the exterior antenna I had been waiting to install I got 4 bars ATT LTE (105 dbM) so I can pull a ratty 30Mbps down and 15Mbps up. I also have a Visible sim but its kinda limits at 5Mbps on good signal but it has 5 bars Version LTE, so actual verizion customers may get better signal.

Definitely going back!

We love staying here. It is so well done. Each site is clean and roomy with private fire pit. The premium sites have custom fireplaces and the views are gorgeous. I imagine it’s lots of fun in the summer with the lake and the private beach. People are so nice!!

Out in the middle of nowhere

Blue Heron Campground in Big South Fork National Park is part of Daniel Boone National Forest, one of my favorite places to explore. Blue Heron CG is on the road to the VERY COOL mining village which is now privately owned and the historical mining operation at the bottom of the hill. Blue Heron CG is small which makes it that much better. The sites are level and pretty well spaced out. The showerhouse is not new but the whole place is very well maintained. There is an overlook and trail access nearby or you can drive down to the Historic mining operation with tipple and boat ramp as well as trailheads. Stearns, Ky is nearby and the historic railway that traverses the same area to the bottom of the hill through the village. So much to do in this area!