The best TENT SITES camping near
Clinton , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Clinton Camping Reviews
Amazing place and great owners!!!

We found this place while looking for a place outside the Great Smoky Mountains and it has been amazing!! Sheila, the owner of the property, has been amazing and she’s worth the stay here, but when you add the views and the proximity to the National park, you can’t beat this place. There’s a few sites that have electricity, but no water. I’ve heard those are coming soon though. Our site is right on this little river and we can fish and boat all up and down it. We’ve been here for 6 nights, and would come back in a heartbeat!! Its also right down the street from the tuckaleechee caverns, and those are awesome

Not my thing

So I use this app to find tent camping sites. To me, that’s kinda what a campground is. A good variety of both. This turned out to be mostly RVs and then three tents, one including mine. Needless to say, it was loud. For what it was, it was great. For what I thought it would be, it wasn’t. They have a lot of cool amenities and I will totally come back if I ever get a camper. But I wouldn’t just tent camp there again I don’t think.

OMG! O

We stayed for a few days and as a backpacker, the local hikes are some of the best I have ever seen! I would say most of the hikes are moderate, although some say easy. Grandma couldn’t leisurely walk, or scale some of the trails, so you have been warned. But for able bodied persons, the hikes are all doable. There are quite the variety of hike lengths to choose from, from short and squatty, to full day hikes. I’ll submit some of my favorite shots below. For RVs - I was towing a 21 ft trailer and my site at the bottom of the hill, which was away from other campers, but the grade was ridiculous! I had 6” of block height to level side to side! I heard other complaints from other longer tongue pullers as well, regarding the difficulty getting into their sites. Most of the sites are small, too close to other campers, or too close to the smell of the privies. But if you are hiking the area, I think the stay could be worth some of the hassle. There is a pull through dump station on the loop. There is electric and water. Tent campers - probably have plenty of room to spread out, some with power hookups and the convenience of showers at a central bathhouse. Daytime picnics - a beautifully large area to choose from and see. Lots of selections, all of them very well social distanced, family friendly and shaded with trees. Soooo much to see.

Sufficient

Super nice employees. Campsites very close together.  We had to move from the first because on either side there was no room for our slide outs.  We were very close to I 40 and the road noise was extremely loud…all day and all night.  I probably wouldn't stay again only because of the road noise.

Nice Private Owned Campground

We pulled into Greenbrier in Gatlinburg and originally had reservations for two nights but added an additional night. The campground was full, sites very close, but full hookups. Nice clean bath houses and laundry. They had a large central green area in the middle of the campground with volleyball, basketball, and climbing and slides for kids. It was very popular! We stayed Two nights in site 84 and had to move to #10 for the third night. Other than being close to your neighbors, it was a great park! I’d stay there again!

First time Staying at a KOA

We picked this stop because it was a halfway point from our trip in Georgia to home in Ohio and it was easy off and on 75. It’s a small campground with only 37 rv sites, a primitive camping section and several small cabins. They offer a pool, dog park, laundry and game room.

It’s very clean and the staff was nice. We got here after hours and they had everything we needed at the check in with our names, site number and directions to our site. They also offer WiFi and cable tv.

There is not much to do in the park itself but it’s quite and close to town.

Well-maintained, quiet, restful.

Tight quarters, flat site, water and 30a electric but a delightful setting on the lake. Note a few late night train whistles and nearby highway traffic noise. JIC in case it matters to students or remote workers, there is ~no campground internet connectivity; you’ll need to walk up toward park ranger office.

Lots of Wildlife

The campground is right off loop road. Spots are a little close, and not very private, but you cant beat the location in the park. We saw 3 bears, a red wolf, and numerous dear and elk during our stay.

Nice Spot

Inside the state park lies this small campground. The views of the mountains are beautiful. Paved paths to walk through the park.. also we found a small hike nearby, triple falls. A beautiful little hike to check out. All the spots are gravel but it’s very clean and well kept. Very family and pet friendly place! Didn’t have them with me this time, but looked like a great spot to put in your small boat or kayak and fish!!

Beautiful Area

This campsite was a lot closer to town than expected. The campsites themselves were very clean and well kept. Beautiful views. It’s also a public park area, so there was some through traffic, but they’re not supposed to come through the campground. We overall really enjoyed this place and would visit again anytime of the year. Very pet friendly!!